21+ group?

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Aaeandor
Expert Poster

21+ group?

Post by Aaeandor »

I saw there was one last year, was curious if a similar thing was going on this year. I would of went with everyone last year, thinking I didn't have the money to go (but I did! D:)

So is anything going on? ^^
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: 21+ group?

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Not that I know of. It's funny. I didn't notice the lack of 21+ meetup topic until you mentioned it. Guess I've been too preoccupied with other topics.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:Not that I know of. It's funny. I didn't notice the lack of 21+ meetup topic until you mentioned it. Guess I've been too preoccupied with other topics.
I wrote a PM (on another topic) to the organizer of last year's Thursday night gatherings, but he hasn't logged into the AB forums since last summer... :?:
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Perhaps he is really busy and only logs on when its closer to the con?

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

It's possible. Last year we went to Top of the Hub and that was a blast. I wouldn't mind another 21+ meetup even if all we do is go to Fukaya.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

Maybe one of you guys should take the initiative for this year since that other guy's not around...
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
Aaeandor
Expert Poster

Post by Aaeandor »

I'd love to host something, but I don't know many venue's sadly :( any ideas let me know!
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

I'd offer suggestions but I'm not really all that familiar with the area save for when I go to AB and a few other times out of the year. I know that last year they went to Top of the Hub which is I guess in Prudential Tower but that did require a dress code. I know there's Samurai and the Pour House right on Boylston pretty much across the street from the Hynes. In fact you can see the Pour House from the windows on the top floors of the Hynes and Samurai is right outside the Prudential Center Boylston exit a little further down the street from the Hynes.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

I suppose it depends on what we want to do and how many of us there will be. If all we want to do is go out for drinks then any of the bars will do. If we want to do a sit-down meal then we might have to do Fukkaya or Wagamama or even the Cheesecake Factory. If we want to go out for drinks but there's a lot of us, then we might want to stick close to the hotel.
Silvershadow
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Silvershadow »

Another thing to consider is when everyone wishes to meet up. With all the happenings with AB itself that is always a tricky thing to plan around. Thursday tends to be a good night for those who come for the pre-reg. Or possibly Friday night. Any thoughts on this? Once we get a set day we can move on from that point best.
"This is the world you've stuck yourself into, if you aren't strong enough to lead then you lose the privilege of getting what you want."
-Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Thursday night is brilliant I think. I can't go though. I have my own friend's night out at Unos every Thursday night, and I know the AMV club there does their dinners on Thursday night too. Thursday seems to be the whole "hanging out before the con" night. Maybe get those who will be there Thursday together for something that night. I think it is worth it. Might see others out relaxing too.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Silvershadow wrote:Another thing to consider is when everyone wishes to meet up. With all the happenings with AB itself that is always a tricky thing to plan around. Thursday tends to be a good night for those who come for the pre-reg. Or possibly Friday night. Any thoughts on this? Once we get a set day we can move on from that point best.
Thursday would probably be best. Only way it's working for me on Friday is if its after 18+ Dating Game.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:Thursday would probably be best. Only way it's working for me on Friday is if its after 18+ Dating Game.
Agreed, Thursday night is best. I'm no organizer, and I really don't know my way around the city, but I'm open to any suggestions (including anything that requires more formal attire; I went to Top of the Hub last year and thoroughly enjoyed myself).
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

If you guys are looking for a easy to find place for a meet up then what about the summer shack next to the sheraton?
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

Again, it all boils down to how many of us are going. A few years back I went to an Asian restaurant (I think it was Samurai but don't quote me on that) with some other AB attendees. There were only 6-7 of us (myself included) so we sat at the bar and ordered sushi. If there's going to be a lot of us (say 10+) then I would suggest a sit-down place like the Cheesecake Factory or Pizzeria Uno (note: those are examples, not actual suggestions).

Thursday is good for me as well.
Aaeandor
Expert Poster

Post by Aaeandor »

I'd totally be down for thursday..maybe the pour house if anyone is interested/how many of us go..STill think we should tally how many would go then figure a place..I know I will!
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Phantom 1 wrote:Again, it all boils down to how many of us are going. A few years back I went to an Asian restaurant (I think it was Samurai but don't quote me on that) with some other AB attendees. There were only 6-7 of us (myself included) so we sat at the bar and ordered sushi. If there's going to be a lot of us (say 10+) then I would suggest a sit-down place like the Cheesecake Factory or Pizzeria Uno (note: those are examples, not actual suggestions).

Thursday is good for me as well.

Most likely it was Samurai yea. Their drinks are expensive but awesome and so is their food but yea if there's a significant amount of us, I'd suggest looking into another place other than Samurai because they have regular seating but it's not that big of place...

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

nightmareman00 wrote:If you guys are looking for a easy to find place for a meet up then what about the summer shack next to the sheraton?
IIRC, the meeting place for the last two years has been the Sheraton main lobby, close to the revolving doors. May as well hold to established habits.
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

Master of NERV wrote:
nightmareman00 wrote:If you guys are looking for a easy to find place for a meet up then what about the summer shack next to the sheraton?
IIRC, the meeting place for the last two years has been the Sheraton main lobby, close to the revolving doors. May as well hold to established habits.
I see well guess every one could wait till the 5th to see how many ppl show up before makingany set plans
haven't really done a pre-con meet up before but seeing as I'm heading down there a day early I might stop by
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

nightmareman00 wrote:
Master of NERV wrote:
I see well guess every one could wait till the 5th to see how many ppl show up before makingany set plans
haven't really done a pre-con meet up before but seeing as I'm heading down there a day early I might stop by
Wait...I'm confused...the 5th as in the Thursday before the con? I think we'd need to make sure how many people are going before that (or at least get a good idea)considering depending on the size of the group, we'd have to make reservations if we're doing the restaurant route..ya know, they tend to like a heads up for larger parties so they can accommodate easier. Even if we aren't doing the restaurant route, some basic planning before the day of the meetup would be advised.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:
nightmareman00 wrote:
Master of NERV wrote:
Wait...I'm confused...the 5th as in the Thursday before the con? I think we'd need to make sure how many people are going before that (or at least get a good idea)considering depending on the size of the group, we'd have to make reservations if we're doing the restaurant route..ya know, they tend to like a heads up for larger parties so they can accommodate easier. Even if we aren't doing the restaurant route, some basic planning before the day of the meetup would be advised.
thats a good point didn't think of that
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

2 ways to gauge who would be interested in/able to go: create a facebook event or use this forum.
Aaeandor
Expert Poster

Post by Aaeandor »

Alright I'll be making a facebook group for it

https://www.facebook.com/events/2542655 ... ext=create

Tada! :D
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Aaeandor wrote:Alright I'll be making a facebook group for it

https://www.facebook.com/events/2542655 ... ext=create

Tada! :D
I just joined as a maybe since I don't know yet whether I can make it or not.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

I just took a look at the Facebook link above; it mentioned a time span between 3:00 and 6:00. Please keep in mind that check-in at the hotel starts at 3:00, and once checked in, many of us will get in line right away to get our badges (getting through the pre-reg line can take till 5:00). I would suggest that a workable meet-up time would be between 5:30 and 6:30.

Do count me in! ;) I have no Facebook account, so I'll just keep my eye on this forum for updates.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Master of NERV wrote:I just took a look at the Facebook link above; it mentioned a time span between 3:00 and 6:00. Please keep in mind that check-in at the hotel starts at 3:00, and once checked in, many of us will get in line right away to get our badges (getting through the pre-reg line can take till 5:00). I would suggest that a workable meet-up time would be between 5:30 and 6:30.

Do count me in! ;) I have no Facebook account, so I'll just keep my eye on this forum for updates.
Yes I was going to comment on this too. I think 6 would be the earliest we'd be able to meetup depending on when people are done with picking up their badges since that starts at 4. Also, if you're from out of state, the hotel/traveling situation would need to be taken care of first.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

I think he just posted that start time there for a laugh

put me down as a maybe not sure what I'm doing after I pick up my badge
Staren
Veteran Poster

Post by Staren »

Another option for a sit down dinner might be Typhoon. They are a bit pricy, but no worse then a good teppanyaki place.

So I think we need to make a choice, sit down dinner, casual dinner, or drinks. If we can figure that out, then it will be easier to decide on a place. I live in the area, and would be happy to get more details on a few options if you all would like. Maybe we can do a poll on what kind of event we'd all like, then we can narrow the options down a bit.

To make one suggestion, the Pour House would not be my first choice. It's usually quite crammed with students. If you're not into the loud bar scene, you wouldn't particularly like it.
AB attendee every year since 2010.
jess.claflin
Determined Poster

Post by jess.claflin »

I'd might go too. It all depends on location and time.
MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:
Master of NERV wrote:I just took a look at the Facebook link above; it mentioned a time span between 3:00 and 6:00. Please keep in mind that check-in at the hotel starts at 3:00, and once checked in, many of us will get in line right away to get our badges (getting through the pre-reg line can take till 5:00). I would suggest that a workable meet-up time would be between 5:30 and 6:30.

Yes I was going to comment on this too. I think 6 would be the earliest we'd be able to meetup depending on when people are done with picking up their badges since that starts at 4. Also, if you're from out of state, the hotel/traveling situation would need to be taken care of first.
AB13:
Thursday/Friday morning- rapunzel
Friday afternoon/Saturday/Sunday - Monster Musume Miia

My Page, like it: https://www.facebook.com/BunnyMoonCosplay?ref=hl
Aaeandor
Expert Poster

Post by Aaeandor »

Yea I was thinking more around 5:30-6 myself, a poll would be great if I knew how to put one on this forum :P
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

So any ideas on what to do?
Aaeandor
Expert Poster

Post by Aaeandor »

I was thinking about just getting drinks and having good company! :P though everyone might be feeling different about that.
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

Lol don't think getting buzzed the night before the con is good
Aaeandor wrote:I was thinking about just getting drinks and having good company! :P though everyone might be feeling different about that.
Staren
Veteran Poster

Post by Staren »

No one said anything about getting buzzed. More like a drink or two, snacks, and conversation. Here are a couple of options for drinks right around the convention. I didn't post Samurai or The Pour House because it's a fair bet that both will be packed that night.

Top of the Hub

Bar 10

SideBar and Grille in the Sheraton

Back Bay Social Club
AB attendee every year since 2010.
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

My bad then for jumping to a conclusion like that
Guess I shouldn't read and post on here when half awake
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

Think I'll pass for the thursday meet
I'm Just going to grab some raman and hit the sack early that night
but hope to run into you all or most of you at the con
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Yea I talked it over with my better half and I most likely won't be going either since we want to spend time with our under age friends.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:Yea I talked it over with my better half and I most likely won't be going either since we want to spend time with our under age friends.
lol I just realized how that could have been taken whoops.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
MisfitM3L

Post by MisfitM3L »

please send me a message if there is a gathering!
GeekyPanda404
Experienced Poster

Post by GeekyPanda404 »

If you folks are doing something Thurs at Sheraton Bar area I might be down for a drink or two with a side meal.
AB 2017 COSPLAYS - "Soldier 76 "Strike-Commander Skin" Overwatch / "XOF Soldier" Metal Gear Solid 5

The Geeky Panda Blog
Aaeandor
Expert Poster

Post by Aaeandor »

I'll be going to the pour house thursday night (8 or 9) depending on when i get in town..Will probably be in cosplay haha pm me if anyone would like to join me
riadoc

Post by riadoc »

well if we go out for drinks in the sheraton or any other bar im in plus i know the area so hmu
ZWolf12
Expert Poster

Post by ZWolf12 »

I'm down to hang. It sounds like a lot of different ideas are still being floated around tho.
AB '12 - Elite Four: Flint
AB '13 - Elite Four: Aaron
AB '14 - Gym Leader: Maylene, Kensei Muguruma

https://www.facebook.com/Aferjackcosplayz
DA: http://1wolve2wolvez.deviantart.com/

"I am Jack's bludgeoning creative vision." - some genius person
Kellsz
Expert Poster

Post by Kellsz »

Im down like Charlie Brown ! LETS GO !!! :o
JTower467
AB Staff

Post by JTower467 »

I'm interested in Meeting up but I'm not sure if I can make it. I will be busy setting up for the con Thursday night (not sure how long that will take). I will keep you posted what my schedule looks like.
Jason Tower
Member Relations Assistant Manager 2019-Present
Advisory Committee - 2019-2020
Executive Adviser 2018-2019
Information Desk 2014-2019
"I’m not a nerd, I’m a specialist." - Sousuke Sagara
Kalaiten

Post by Kalaiten »

So you guys know, a lot of those posts seem to be from previous years. Though, if you guys really wanna start a 21+ group, just set a time and place. That, or if you're in the Sheraton, just post your phone number in the window (big, visible, reversed numbers) and meet up for room parties with the people that call you. Hilariously effective.