new otaku in town~

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
bakasaru
Experienced Poster

new otaku in town~

Post by bakasaru »

hey :D im an otaku and im new in boston so i don't know anyone otaku or people at all in here XDD so i wanted to know some new cool people who like anime like me :D and i wanted to ask if you have meetings outside or stuff..? i didn't find the anime community... and sorry if my english is not so so good, im originaly from israel ^^
helllllo people!! there are meet ups!! if you want to meet new friends, or know the people you talk here with, then go to this topic:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=300835219945778
its happening so don't hesitate to come!! :D
bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Re: new otaku in town~

Post by bakasaru »

oh, and i would like to know if there a halloween party\ meeting for 18+ ages of otakus...?
helllllo people!! there are meet ups!! if you want to meet new friends, or know the people you talk here with, then go to this topic:
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

Post by liseyatthedisco »

Wish I could help, but I don't know much about meetups. Usually there are a few though, I poked in on a Hetalia one last year.
And actually a Anime Halloween party would be really awesome, maybe we could do that next year?
windibro.tumblr.com

2009: Zoey (L4D)
2010: Heather (SH3)
2011: Draco (AVPM) Gaz (IZ) Ellis (L4D2)
2012: Viscount Druitt
2013: ZillyWave, Dog Tier Jade, Black Rat
2014:Yang Xiao Long, Genocider Syo, Misty Day
2015: Newt Geiszler, Tooru Mutsuki
2016: Daisya Barry
bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

ok, thanks for replaing tho' :) lol, i wont be next year for a party XDD but still, if there some meets up i would like to come and meet people :)
and even if there is not a meet up, we can make one, no? :D
Chrissii
Determined Poster

Post by Chrissii »

Hi, welcome to Boston ^^ I haven't personally attended any meetups outside of the conventions, but I'm always keeping my eyes open for information about them! They always seem to be happening when I can't go, though. For example, there is this Reni Mimura event going on this weekend, this is the second time they've done this that I've heard of, and both occassions I have had family obligations... ToT Having never been, I don't really know what kind of turn-out they get, but it certainly sounds interesting. That aside, I don't know of any groups or organizations that plan events throughout the year, but if you find out about any please share! XD
Proudly attending Anime Boston since 2005!

2007: Haruhi Suzumiya (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2008 & 2009: Dawn (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)
2010: Byakuya Kuchiki hoodie (Bleach)
2011: Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
2012: Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler)
2013: Vice Captain Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

oh thank you ill totally check it up! and if i'll hear something i will tell you :) i don't think there have to be a big party, in my old place we [otaku] just meet up somewhere each Thursday... why not just saying "lets all meet in that---- place in that--- hour and meet each other if everyone here from boston, why not?
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

Are you living in the city? Im in there a lot, I go to school there. I'm always cool with meeting new people if you wanted to hang haha. Do you have a facebook?
windibro.tumblr.com

bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

im in brookline which is the same as boston XD and when you say you go to school, how old you are? im 18 XD and im here for one year and i do have fb,- dana feige
but im thinking about more of a group join, that who-ever want, will finally meet the people he talks with or just new friends :)
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

What animes/mangas do you like? And I'm in college.
windibro.tumblr.com

bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

ah great, i just finished high school so pretty much the same [in israel where im from, there is no college] and i love fullmetal alchemist, durarara, jounjo romntica, sekai ichi [yaoi anyhow] code geass, kino no tabi more and lots of manga XDD i like different geners... and lets keep stuff to talk about ^^ what your anime direction?
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

I actually really just started getting into anime this past year, I used to go to AB just to dress up and buy yaoi lol XD Yeah I read a lot of that...
I'm currently watching Ouran, Fruits Basket and xxxholic, and reading Kuroshitsuji, I love that, Hetalia, and Soul Eater. I'm also a big gamer and have played Kingdom Hearts and such, which at AB counts as anime haha. Oh and Miyazaki movies, I love them so much. I will eventually get around to FMA, I heard its great and everyone loves it, I used to watch it years ago a little when I was younger but never the whole thing. Oh and I just started D. Gray-Man. Like literally, only read the first haha but it's interesting so far.
windibro.tumblr.com

bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

there actually two FMA there the original one, and the "brotherhood" one which is spose to be exactly as the manga story line. i saw the first one and started but couldn't continue the brotherhood cause it ruins for my one of my fav animes XD and i think its more childish >> and yeah, ouran high school, fruit basket and those where my first manga\anime too XDD so i'd like the idea to meet up if you want ^^ and we can join even more people :D and btw, if you like the games [im dont have the games so im not too much into it] do you know touhou? my friend is a totall fan of it XDD and vocaloid, if you like anime, you must know vocaloid. its a rule XDD
bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

oh btw i see anime\manga and draw for lots and lots of years, but i got into the real otaku world and people about a year ago too XDD
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

I don't know Vocaloid! Haha I'm a bad fan, I don't know a lot of the popular/good ones XD And I don't know Touhou, thats a game?
I go to art school actually but I'm not that great at drawing anime/manga, plus that is considered unacceptable there haha but I have been working on getting better.

I'd be cool with a meetup, with other people too would be fun, maybe at like a cafe or something sometime :)
windibro.tumblr.com

bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

lol its ok, only last year a new friend of mine told me about all of that, but check it up, its a writing-songs computer program... people make amazing songs with it! and im pretty much good at drawing -only- manga because i draw only it XDD we can both meetup, and then start taking others in ^^ so, there tones of cofe's at boston we'll never find each other XDD amm i think down town, like park st. station or something will be easier ^^ and from there to go around... when can you meet? i can't this Monday [tomorrow] and day after i have art lessen in the after noon [to learn to draw something but manga XDD] and how about Wednesday?
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

I'll pm you!
If anyone else wants to get an impromptu anime boston club going they should pm me!
windibro.tumblr.com

bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

yeah, sorry for not having a porfect english, im from israel, but what does "pm me" means?? XDD i know pm noon XDDDDD and the other poupouwhatso ever XDD ?????
Chrissii
Determined Poster

Post by Chrissii »

Don't feel bad lisey, I'm not into Vocaloid and the other rampantly-popular things either. XD I would love to be part of an "Off-season AB Club" but I'm really only available on weekends; working full time is terrible!

bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

what is AB club?? O__O and if you are free only on weekens, does it counts sunday? because if you free in sunday you can still meet up with us or in some other time you can :)
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

Ah sorry, I meant pm as in private message, but its ok you got it anyway! And I also meant AB as in Anime Boston club! Since Sunday is that awkward day where its not the weekday so people don't have class but isn't really the weekend i the sense that people have plans for parties or anything, I think sundays might be a good bet. Should I post a thread in the meetups section?
windibro.tumblr.com

bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

there a special meetup section??? and ok, thanks for teling me the cutshorts of the words :) lets try to get up more and more people :) im there lots more people like us who wanna meet!!
Chrissii
Determined Poster

Post by Chrissii »

Are you both on Facebook? Maybe creating a group there would be beneficial.

liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

I am indeed I will pm you my real name if you want to friend me ^_^
windibro.tumblr.com

bakasaru
Experienced Poster

Post by bakasaru »

lol i just thought today about making a new\different FB or a group for it too XDD its a good idea, do you know how to make a group? if yes, so add me please XDD and i think i add you.... maybe you didn't add me XDD