21+ Con goers

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Staren
Veteran Poster

21+ Con goers

Post by Staren »

Hi everyone,

I know I'm a little late getting in the thread, but I'd love to get together with a smaller group of fellow 20 somethings tomorrow (Thursday) after badge pick up. The big dinners are not really my thing. I'm a 27 year old grad student who lives just a block from the con so I'd be happy to meet anywhere around the Pru. Maybe the Pour House? Haven't seen there mentioned yet. Would anyone else be interested in a smaller group meet up or are there any already setup?

If you are still going to the con alone or would like to meet up with a local drop me a line on Twitter or my Google Voice number today or tomorrow.

And if you see me at registration or at the con, I'll be the guy with the beard in Gothic Aristocrat black Derby and black tails and silver tipped gentilemen's cane. Come say hi. I'll also be at the Gothic Lolita panel Saturday at 10am. If you're interested in the men's side of the fashion, I'd be happy to chat about it. By the way my name is Chris, just to make the introductions easier.

@chrismorawski
617-294-9456 (it's voicemail so don't worry about bothering me, within reason of course ) :thumbup:
AB attendee every year since 2010.
Tadas
Getting the hang of this...

21+ Con goers

Post by Tadas »

Hi Chris,

That sounds like a good plan to me. What time do people want to meet up? I'll probably be getting my badge at anytime after 6.30-7-7 since I'll be going after work.
Staren
Veteran Poster

21+ Con goers

Post by Staren »

The timing worked out well for me since it's reading week at BU so I'll just be running a few errands before registration opens at 4:00pm. If people would like to meet for dinner at say 7-7:30 I would love to.

Let's see, easy meet up place other people aren't as likely to be using... The weather is supposed to be nice, so how about the Prudential plaza starting about 6:30pm? That's an easy spot to find and there shouldn't be as many people hanging around as there would be in the hotel or right by the convention center.
Tadas

21+ Con goers

Post by Tadas »

Sounds like a plan!
Staren
Veteran Poster

21+ Con goers

Post by Staren »

Plancast plan created for the dinner.

http://plancast.com/p/4yxz

We are talking about going to the Pour House. Perhaps we could try Typhoon if it is not completely booked or too expensive for everyone. Anyway, everyone who does not want to go to the large dinners think about meeting us at the Prudential Center outside plaza on Boylston street between 6:30 and 7pm.

If you'd like to come, but would have to be like five minutes late because of the registration line or something, feel free to text me and I'll be happy to let you know what the final plans end up being.

617-294-9456

And do remember, this is for us 20 somethings and above. The teens and 18+ crowed have more than enough parties to go to. This is for the big girls and boys. :cool: ;)
GameXplayer
AB Staff

21+ Con goers

Post by GameXplayer »

I've been going to AB with friends usually but this year, they can't make it and just told me recently... :( I'm one of those going alone now.

edit: I posted in the wrong thread :P
Last edited by GameXplayer on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Wrong thread much?
Seng Ung
Technical Shift Lead
Previous positions: Various Technical Staff [2011-23)]
Attendee 2006-09
SuupaKurisumasu
I'm new!

21+ Con goers

Post by SuupaKurisumasu »

yep 23/m... I wondered around the mall today telling myself I was going grocery shopping and discovered AB... I actually figured it was "on" with the cosplayers I was seeing but wasn't expecting this so soon... I go to Berklee down the street and would love to party and meet new friends! I will be around friday and saturday...
Tadas

21+ Con goers

Post by Tadas »

I'm heading to AB right now. If anyone wants to get together at the con / grab lunch, whatever, call/text me:

978-500-6156

I'll be wearing Totaku Chuuei cosplay from Ikkitousen