4TH Pre-Anime Boston FUGAKYU Dinner Gathering 2011

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

Facebook event is listed here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110787525666474

[color:red]For those not on facebook, here are the details!

When: Thursday April 21st, 2011

Where: Meetup at Sheraton Hotel DOWNSTAIRS LOBBY ENTRANCE! Look for a KATO COSPLAYER (black mask, black jacket, black hat) and possibly DESTRO COSPLAYER.

Time: Start meeting up at 6pm, and we will leave by 7pm. This dinner usually ends 10pm, but you may leave earlier.

Transportation: We will walk to the Copley MBTA (outbound) - then switch off to Kenmore on C line - and exit on Coolidge Corner. We will take the subway, on return to the Hynes.

Fugakyu Address (for those driving there):

1280 Beacon St, Brookline, MA 02446.
Tel: (617) 734-1268.
(Free/metered parking is across the restaurant, if you find a spot with meter)

Money: Should be 3 dollars total for roundtrip MBTA fare. Dinner is on average 30-40 dollars (see details below)

To clarify, it is not sponsored by Anime Boston. This is an event created myself, with the help of some others.
[/color]

For questions & updates, please stay tuned to this forum!

Fugakyu's dinner menu (on average) is about 30 bucks = includes 1 drink, 1 appetizer, 1 entree, and tip (again ON AVERAGE)

http://www.fugakyu.net/

To those asking: "Why don't you go somewhere cheaper?"

To which I'll answer: We've had a good time before, and we'll have a smashing time again. Sure, I'll spend the money if its quality food, service, and atmosphere. Those who've been to Fugakyu the first time, can attest to that. We had 2x the number, the 2nd year.

BE WARNED, last year, we had close to 50 people, and the bill was about 700+ bucks. We did pay off everything, and we made it clear, you get what you pay for (unless you are paying for someone else).
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

No excuses this time, I WILL attend.
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

Hahaha. It will be an honor alas.
hidingfromyou727
Veteran Poster

Post by hidingfromyou727 »

same here phantom!! lol i always said i would go.. then never went -___-
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=hidingfromyou727]same here phantom!! lol i always said i would go.. then never went -___-[/quote]

Kelsey mofo-ing CARTER, I better see you there, after we were within feet each other in the Dealers room but never met up
Silvershadow
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Silvershadow »

Hey, great to see you guys doing this again. Last year was great and I am looking forward to joining in this year as well.
"This is the world you've stuck yourself into, if you aren't strong enough to lead then you lose the privilege of getting what you want."
-Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Small correction for you:
Round trip on the T costs $3.40 if you have a Charlie Card, $4 if you don't.
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=Fetch]Small correction for you:
Round trip on the T costs $3.40 if you have a Charlie Card, $4 if you don't.[/quote]

Thanks for the catch. I dont ride the MBTA often these days, and as you can tell, last time I really rode it was during AB 2010
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

We are almost a month away, and reservation has been set.

We had about 50 people last time. This will be our 4th time doing this, and there will be more adventures later on

See: showtopic.php?tid/12105/post/new/#NEW
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Post by kamahlrf »

Had tons of fun two years ago with you guys (The guy wearing the Blizzcon shirt in the pics :P) but couldn't make last year since my ex wouldn't shut the....

ANYWAYS! I am 95% positive attending this year again. Looking forward to it!
TetraMaster
Experienced Poster

Post by TetraMaster »

NooO!! Volunteers meeting is at 7:PM!
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=Kamahlrf]Had tons of fun two years ago with you guys (The guy wearing the Blizzcon shirt in the pics :P) but couldn't make last year since my ex wouldn't shut the....

ANYWAYS! I am 95% positive attending this year again. Looking forward to it![/quote]

We would be honored to see you , and everyone else who posted here, again@@

Which reminds me, we have to pass a list around to write everyone's names, to keep in touch, since I keep forgetting everyone's names heh
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

To clarify on this, since some were asking questions: [color:red]we are meeting up at the SHERATON HOTEL LOBBY, around 630pm, and then will walk to the Copley Subway Station to travel to Fugakyu[/color]
kassandraanne

Post by kassandraanne »

Why would you have to switch trains if you just make sure you get on the C train and also isn't Hynes Convention closer?
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=kassandraanne]Why would you have to switch trains if you just make sure you get on the C train and also isn't Hynes Convention closer?[/quote]

Yeah good point, these instructions are 2 years old, and have been copied/pasted from before.

Yeah Hynes is closer. Can't recall why we did Copley. Then again, these instructions are 2 years old, and I get busy a bunch so its hard for me to keep track of everything :P

In any case, we'll explain it all, once people meet up
Serrovin
Determined Poster

Post by Serrovin »

I noticed the top of the hub gathering mentions a dress code, and none listed here. Is it ok to go in cosplay, or should we dress a bit more casual/formal?
05'-Shadow Hunter(YuGiOh)
06'-Maes Hughes(FMA)
07'-Maes Hughes(FMA)
08'-Uryuu Ishida Quincy(Bleach)
09'-Xellos(Slayers)
10'-Uryuu Ishida school uniform(Bleach)
11'-Tobi/Obito/Akatsuki Orochimaru(Naruto)
12'-Kaji Ryoji(Evangelion)
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=Serrovin]I noticed the top of the hub gathering mentions a dress code, and none listed here. Is it ok to go in cosplay, or should we dress a bit more casual/formal?[/quote]

We've done it before the last 2-3 times, cosplay going to Fugakyu, so it is allright.

Some basic common sense stuff, of course: you wouldn't want to carry something that's bulky, or knocking down people, because you'll be on the subway traveling there (plus it'd prob destroy your cosplay)

I doubt anyone would do this, but no guns or weapons please (we've never had an issue with that in the past)

Overall, the results are worth it: just ask anyone on this forum, and they'll tell you how it was like.

[color:red]We had about 50+ people last year, and reserved the entire top floor. This place does take credit card and cash, but they have a policy to give checks per table. So one table, will have 1 bill. A 2nd table, will have its own bill. And so on. Just be mindful of that! We've never had a problem with the bill, in all these years. As long as you keep vigilant of what you ordered, you should be good[/color]

Being this is the 4th time we've done it, that speaks for its success :P
Petsuke

Post by Petsuke »

Count me in, Petsuke shall attend as the honorable keyblade warrior ;P
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=Petsuke]Count me in, Petsuke shall attend as the honorable keyblade warrior ;P[/quote]

I will bring my camera!
TetraMaster
Experienced Poster

Post by TetraMaster »

where is everyone im lost!
animatedblader
I'm new!

Post by animatedblader »

I am at Fugakyu now and there is no one here. I saw "Black mask" come in a while back. The staff here is asking me if you are still coming. If you went somewhere else, please respond.
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

We apologize for the inconvenience: there supposedly was an hour delay with serving 30 people at the restaurant, and others wanted to eat asap (so we decided to split in 3 groups, and eat separate places)

A reservation was thought to have been made, but was overlooked.

There will be another pre-AB dinner event next year. Though on the other hand, I heard 12 people actually did eat at Fugakyu?