Join the Otaku Revolution!!!

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
what-the-spork
Determined Poster

-

Post by what-the-spork »

-
Last edited by what-the-spork on Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I would visit TK more if I lived closer. It takes me about 20 bucks just to get there, and about 40 to spend the day without even buying anything there. I love TK, and don't want them to close, but there have been times I went there during working hours, and the employees were just..... not there at all. Lights on, door locked. =/

But yeah, I was just there last sunday after the Reni event, and I saw that they didn't have half the manga they normally had. When I saw that, I said to my friends "I have a bad feeling this means this place may be going under soon....".... And now I see this? Ouch.... Doesn't help that their pocky, kasugai, and everything took a bump on price too. I admit, I used to go there and buy some snacks and manga in bulk, but the cutdowns on the manga that I like, and the price hikes on the snacks have made me leave empty handed the last two or three runs there. This is a shame.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

Is it the economy? A lot of my favorite stores are closing because people do not want to pay the prices (even though the prices haven't changed at all).
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

[quote=what-the-spork]D: Tokyo Kid might shut down? nooooo I'll have to go soon.[/quote]

As soon as I saw this thread, I tried to go out to their web site--and I couldn't find it. I tried www.tokyokid.com and got automatically redirected.

Can anyone else verify?

If it is gone, it's a shame...my late wife and I got some of our favorite figurines and cloisonne pins from Tokyo Kid, and the staff (at least the ones I dealt with) seemed to be fellow fans who knew their stuff.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Wouldn't be surprised. TK isn't that big of a place. I hardly see many in there unless a big event like Halloween or AB signups are going on. The economy is killing too many places, and well......TK getting hit was just a matter of time when you think about it.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Hi, all!

Tokyo Kid's web site is back up. It is apparently undergoing maintenance.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

(faceplants) Now they tell us.