AB 2011 Under 18 years.

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

who here is going to anime boston 2011 thats under 18 years old?
all the 18+ are the only ones who have fun.
so all us "minors" can hang out and stuff while those things are going on.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
KowalaTaco
Expert Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by KowalaTaco »

i support this topic
:D
Anime Boston 2013
*Wonder Woman* Fri-Sunday
lyraparry11
Veteran Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by lyraparry11 »

guys, you can still have fun if your under 18! there are all ages events going on until at least 11pm. ive been going the past two years (at ages 14 and 15) and had a blast. sure, you can't go see the hentai events, but there's so much more to the convention than that.
KowalaTaco
Expert Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by KowalaTaco »

[quote=lyraparry11]guys, you can still have fun if your under 18! there are all ages events going on until at least 11pm. ive been going the past two years (at ages 14 and 15) and had a blast. sure, you can't go see the hentai events, but there's so much more to the convention than that. [/quote]
any suggestions on what other things there are?
Anime Boston 2013
*Wonder Woman* Fri-Sunday
CatGirl4Eva
Getting the hang of this...

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by CatGirl4Eva »

Although I've only gone one year, I've seen the chess match (wihich you probably already know about XD) and heard about the masquerade and photo shoots. I'm sure they have other 18 and under events as well.
PerfectPandora Cosplay Group
Faceman
AB Executive

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Faceman »

The schedule for Anime Boston 2010 can still be seen here: http://2010.animeboston.com/events/schedule/ . Even though the non-18+ events might not be as hip and edgy as their 18+ counterparts, there still are a number of things you can go to, including the video rooms.

Also remember that the Artist's Alley, Karaoke, Video Gaming, Live Gaming and Manga Library were open until 11pm or later Fri and Sat. The hours may be similar for this coming convention, but aren't solid until posted.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

i was accually hoping we could just make friends here instead of being told about all the under 18 events.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Faceman
AB Executive

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Faceman »

Go for it! I was just posting in response to give an idea of what's available for the under 18 crowd. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, sorry :-/
Chris O'Connell

kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

aww its all good, i was just like "D: why is everyone saying what under 18 can do? we obviously know that"
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
WildHoneyPie4

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by WildHoneyPie4 »

I usually go to the Karaoke room or Video game room, or I just flit about and look for anyone I know who's out and about at that time and walk around with them. :)
chibikakashi0101
Veteran Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by chibikakashi0101 »

[quote=lyraparry11] sure, you can't go see the hentai events [/quote]

But I bet those are the funnest!
kakkokawayusu
Expert Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kakkokawayusu »

[quote=chibikakashi0101][quote=lyraparry11] sure, you can't go see the hentai events [/quote]

But I bet those are the funnest![/quote]

I second this xD
lyraparry11
Veteran Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by lyraparry11 »

[quote=kakkokawayusu][quote=chibikakashi0101][quote=lyraparry11] sure, you can't go see the hentai events [/quote]

But I bet those are the funnest![/quote]

I second this xD[/quote]

lol that's quite possibly true, I wouldn't know, would like to check it out when I'm older, maybe, but still, everyone can have fun. Lol sorry.

But back on topic, there are tons of teenagers at anime Boston. You're sure to meet interesting people to chat with for awhile, even if you are under 18. Obviously younger congoers should be a little more wary about who they talk to, what information they give away, etc., but still...
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by troublemaiker »

2 ABs ago was my first con where I was 18, and I didn't go to any hentai/events. I just kept finding better stuff to do, not that the paneles aren't great I just wanted to go for the sake of going.
Went to one at another con and everyone...was incredibly awkward o.o
So if you wanna go just for the sake of going, don't bother.
I went to one of the hentai dubbings this year (I can't remember the name of it ;-; ) and that was good.
You really aren't missing all that much by being underage
Ikkimaru

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Ikkimaru »

I'll be turning 18 before the con this upcoming year. .-. sorry i do not support.;)
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

sooo, any teens wanna met up, hang out, ect.?
im 15 will be 16 in november.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Cocomo

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Cocomo »

I just turned 15 :3 I'm reeeeeeeaaally excited to make lots of cosplay buddies. So I agree with a teen hang out! :thumbup:
MostlyMolly

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by MostlyMolly »

I went last year and had tons of fun at panels and other events. Same at Connecticon. There's a lot you can do when you're underage~ It's a lot of fun, too~
COUNT SOME WOOLB---EASTS
emokid2112

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by emokid2112 »

lol i know there really is alot for those of us who are under 18. panels karaoke mass shenanigans escalator tagXD god the list is endless.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

[quote=Alenni]I just turned 15 :3 I'm reeeeeeeaaally excited to make lots of cosplay buddies. So I agree with a teen hang out! :thumbup: [/quote]
ill be your friend :3
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
BlackSunRising
AB Alumni

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by BlackSunRising »

While it's awesome you guys want to arrange to hang out, I sincerely recommend taking detailed event information and personal information to a more private place for discussion and planning.

While Anime Boston is generally a safe place for all of our attendees, it's probably a bad idea to advertise where a bunch of under-18 year old people are going to be hanging out.

Best idea: Take everyone who expressed interest and invite them all to a Private Topic here on the forums. You can leave this thread open to more people who are interested but discuss the meetings in detail in private.

Never hurts to be cautious ;)
SAFP

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by SAFP »

well if there is a private thread invite meeee please! I want new friends! XD
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

idont see why wed have to have a private topic to talk about hanging out, thats pretty much what all the photoshoots are, pulic disscussion of hanging out.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Phantom 1 »

Except not everyone here is a cosplayer. Believe it or not, Anime Boston is more than just Cosplaying.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

well if your going you must be somewhat into cosplaying. and obviously you like anime, and i was comparing meeting in cosplay photoshoots to people on this fourm meeting up, its not that much different.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
SaetonChapelle

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by SaetonChapelle »

Ive been going for years. I'm 21 years old and had NO IDEA that certain things weren't open to minors (minus the adult content panals). Wow, you learn new things every year, :3
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Phantom 1 »

I reiterate, Anime Boston is more than just cosplaying. You can have a perfectly good time dressed as yourself (or at least I have).
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

well the fact of cosplaying wasnt my point, a majority of people do it.
and you really dont have to be apart of this panel if your not interested in the point of it.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
BlackSunRising
AB Alumni

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by BlackSunRising »

I only suggested a private topic because the varying ages of you guys publicly making plans to meet up could potentially allow someone older who...um, really, really enjoys the company of young teens to become part of this without you ever realizing it.

I didn't mean to suggest that meeting up was a bad idea, just that not everything should be 100% publicized.

While yes, cosplay photo shoots are also meet-ups, there are participants of all ages, and a lot of the time there is an AB staff member involved as a participant, as well. Because AB staff is only permitted to be 18+, there's zero probability of a staff member being involved in this.

I'm only suggesting you take precautions.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

[quote=BlackSunRising]I only suggested a private topic because the varying ages of you guys publicly making plans to meet up could potentially allow someone older who...um, really, really enjoys the company of young teens to become part of this without you ever realizing it.

I didn't mean to suggest that meeting up was a bad idea, just that not everything should be 100% publicized.

While yes, cosplay photo shoots are also meet-ups, there are participants of all ages, and a lot of the time there is an AB staff member involved as a participant, as well. Because AB staff is only permitted to be 18+, there's zero probability of a staff member being involved in this.

I'm only suggesting you take precautions. [/quote]
okay so pretty much theres no problem with this forum? it pedos happen, its an "at your own risk" thing
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
BlackSunRising
AB Alumni

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by BlackSunRising »

[quote=Kylie McAwesome]
okay so pretty much theres no problem with this forum?[/quote]

While there's nothing inherently wrong with this forum, there's no guarantee everyone registered to this forum actually attends Anime Boston.

While yes, it's generally an "at your own risk" situation, I felt it necessary to point out an aspect of this that posters may not have considered. In addition, I'd like to believe that the main priority of AB staff is to ensure the safety of our membership, and that offering advice to circumvent a potential issue helps our cause.

kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

[quote=BlackSunRising][quote=Kylie McAwesome]
okay so pretty much theres no problem with this forum?[/quote]

While there's nothing inherently wrong with this forum, there's no guarantee everyone registered to this forum actually attends Anime Boston.

While yes, it's generally an "at your own risk" situation, I felt it necessary to point out an aspect of this that posters may not have considered. In addition, I'd like to believe that the main priority of AB staff is to ensure the safety of our membership, and that offering advice to circumvent a potential issue helps our cause.

[/quote]
yes you've made a good point, and ill make it clear now to everyone, this infact is a [color:red]AT YOUR OWN RISK[/color] thing. USe the buddy system people ;D
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Experienced Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by 021210 »

[quote=Kylie McAwesome]
okay so pretty much theres no problem with this forum? it pedos happen, its an "at your own risk" thing[/quote]

You're kidding right? Do you not understand how incredibly stupid and uneducated that sounds? Yes, pedos and bad things happen, but it shouldn't be taken lightly. Nor should you condescend to everyone (I would say it's borderline victim blaming, except there's no victim and I'm not quite sure you would know how and why that's bad.) by saying it's an "at your own risk" thing, as if it is their fault that pedos/creepers could be around and doing bad things. You should be criticizing the pedos/creepers for being pedos/creepers, instead of accepting it as a fact of life and not immediately casting aside BlackSunRising's completely reasonable advice.

You have a lot of growing up to do.
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Phantom 1 »

021210 makes a semi-good point, talking about that stuff is not something that should be lightly. However, treating it as a melodrama doesn't help things either. And speaking from experience, when you punctuate your argument with criticization (saying things like "you have a lot of growing to do"), that really doesn't help your argument. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say it does just the opposite.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

because with friends around you and sercurity everywhere, i doubt something like that is very likely to happen. obviously youd be taking the chance. this is becoming a redicilous thing where people are just bashing eachother. it might as well be locked.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Phantom 1 »

I completely agree with you, Kylie.
BDragonD24
Committed Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by BDragonD24 »

[quote=Kylie McAwesome]this is becoming a redicilous thing where people are just bashing eachother. it might as well be locked. [/quote]
Yes and it will come to that if this thread continues to descend into that. Samantha brought up a good point and it is a concern I share as well, all we want is for all of you to have a safe and enjoyable experience during AB.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

[quote=BDragonD24][quote=Kylie McAwesome]this is becoming a redicilous thing where people are just bashing eachother. it might as well be locked. [/quote]
Yes and it will come to that if this thread continues to descend into that. Samantha brought up a good point and it is a concern I share as well, all we want is for all of you to have a safe and enjoyable experience during AB. [/quote]
thank you.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
emokid2112

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by emokid2112 »

i say that we should organize a massive game of hide and go seek, con wide!

altough extremely childish you know something like this would be like totally epic, especially since altar boy would be playing[[kylie]]
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

the staff doesnt want us doing that.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Fetch
Show-off

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Fetch »

If you want to come to Boston and act completely childish, I suggest going to place designed for it: the Boston Children's Museum.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

[quote=Fetch]If you want to come to Boston and act completely childish, I suggest going to place designed for it: the Boston Children's Museum.[/quote]
excuse me, have you herd of 'if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all'. ive already politly told him we cant. you dont have toobe a jerk, 'hahah childrens musuem im so clever'. your not, your the same person who was like 'red rover sucks'. keep your stupid comments to yourself.
its like posting 'kingdom hearts sucks' on the kh forum.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Faceman
AB Executive

AB 2011 Under 18 years.

Post by Faceman »

Yeeeaaaahhh. I'm just going to go ahead and lock this particular thread. I think it's run its course. If you want to organize under 18 gatherings, you can start a new thread. But please take Samantha's advice to heart about being careful and discreet with disclosing private information, meeting times, etc.

And yes, activities like Red Rover, Duck-Duck-Goose, and Hide and Go Seek are prohibited in the Hynes Convention Center and Sheraton mall because of the danger of harm and liability issues (never mind the fact that there are 17,000 other people there, and it's not your personal play place). If you want to do those things, take it off site, but we can't be responsible for what happens then or help you if you get in trouble.
Chris O'Connell