Are they're any taxi's at North or South Station?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Lonesurvivor
Determined Poster

Post by Lonesurvivor »

Usually i would take the "T" but unforntunatly i won't have the time. so i was wondering if any taxi's stop by or wait along North and South stations. Anyone know?
AB 2013
Col. Roy Mustang (FMA)
Leon Scott Kennedy (Resident Evil Series)
Dib (Invader Zim)
marcus81884
Veteran Poster

Post by marcus81884 »

i dont thing so take the subway in it faster and cheeper too
Lonesurvivor
Determined Poster

Post by Lonesurvivor »

The thing is i can't afford to wait, which is why i asked about a taxi. Cause I'm gonna be short on time that day :( . Money isn't an option, but time is.
AB 2013
Col. Roy Mustang (FMA)
Leon Scott Kennedy (Resident Evil Series)
Dib (Invader Zim)
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

Yes. You should have absolutely no trouble finding a taxi near either North or South Station.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
AliceTanzer
AB Staff

Post by AliceTanzer »

In my experience, yes, there are taxis. I know I have gotten them from South Station. In fact, I got one from south station to AB in 2004 :)
Alice Tanzer

'14 NEAS Board Member
'13 EAC
'12 '13 '14 Security
'07 '08 '09 '10 '11 Security(Overnight)
'06 Security
'04 Artist Alley Co-Manager

"She has a medical degree. In fashion. From France!"
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

How much time do you expect to save, what with city traffic and all?
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
danim
AB Alumni

Post by danim »

[quote=Lonesurvivor]Usually i would take the "T" but unforntunatly i won't have the time. so i was wondering if any taxi's stop by or wait along North and South stations. Anyone know?[/quote]

To answer your question, no. You should have no trouble finding taxi's at either location. It's not hard to find them sitting outside of large train stations or hotels.

If you are going into South Station by Commuter rail and not by subway, then I believe it will stop at Back Bay station first. In which case it would be faster for you to get off there and walk to the hynes than it would to play around with Taxis from South Station.

Other than that, as far as time goes, it can be hit or miss with Taxis too. If they run into an accident or a traffic jam you could be sitting there for quite some time. Just a heads up! Good luck either way! :D
KingPads
Expert Poster

Post by KingPads »

Just FYI you can call taxi companies and a lot of times they will send a cab for you specifically
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

[quote=Lonesurvivor]Usually i would take the "T" but unforntunatly i won't have the time. so i was wondering if any taxi's stop by or wait along North and South stations. Anyone know?[/quote]

I do have to ask: Why are you asking for North AND South Stations, as they are not connected except via the T?

If on a Commuter train heading to South Station, get off at Back Bay station and walk over to the Hynes,. If your train doesn't stop Back Bay, then yes, taxi is faster then Red line to Park to Green line to Prudential or Hynes.

If going into North Station, it would actually be faster to get on the Green line and go to Prudential or Hynes, or even get on the Orange and go to Back Bay and walk the rest.

The T arrives at each station roughly every 10 minutes. Which is about the amount of time you'd spend stuck in traffic in a taxi anyway.
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

I don't see why there shouldn't be. Hundreds of tourists and/or visitors come into Boston through the train stations and not every place in Boston is close to the T.
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

The other thing to consider in taking a taxi vs the T, is sometimes you have a lot of things to carry. When I come back into the city from a trip, I usually end up taking a cab from South Station to my apartment. Sure, it costs more, but it saves me the hassle of having to lug my luggage (haha, words) from the station, to the red line station, to Park Street, to the Green Line platforms, wait for an E train (which can be 15-20 minutes apart sometimes), carry it off the train, down the road, and into the building. Especially if you're not familiar w/ the area, having a cab take you door to door can be a time saver, and a sanity saver.

As for South Station, the entire street is just one long line of Taxis, so you should have no problem getting one there.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!