Where to park?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
mistyfog
Getting the hang of this...

Where to park?

Post by mistyfog »

Hi all,
It might be obvious when we get there, but where is a good place to park at the Hynes?

TIA,
Misty
destro
Veteran Poster

Where to park?

Post by destro »

Most of Boston has really expensive parking. Your best Idea is to park at Alewife station, it is only $7 per day, and then take the T to the heinz.
danim
AB Alumni

Where to park?

Post by danim »

Parking is a commodity in Boston, and therefore it is very expensive. The prudential center has parking in the garage and you can find their rates here

Other than that, parking at Alewife and taking the subway in is good advice, except it is $2 per ride ($1.75, I believe, if you get a stored Charlie Card) and I think you need to change trains once from Alewife. Also, the subway starts running around midnight so you'd need to plan accordingly.

If you are staying in the city at a hotel, most of the area hotels offer self and/or valet parking from $30-$45 per night.

Edit: I forgot to add, there are usually meters available on some of the side streets near the hynes/pru off of Huntington Ave. Assuming it is not a street sweeping day you can always park at a meter if you want to bother to move your car every 2 hours and keep the meters full. Also, after dark I believe it is "resident only" on street parking. Some days I've seen 1 car get 2 tickets in a 3 hour period (one meter expired, and one over time allotted), others have parked at one for 3 days before getting a ticket. It's all in how the meter maids are patrolling that day.
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Where to park?

Post by Kagomechan »

Driving Directions and Parking Information is located on the Travel Page!

The information about parking and T stations that offer overnight parking is towards the bottom.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
Aidan2
AB Executive

Where to park?

Post by Aidan2 »

Having done the T parking thing a couple of times.

If your coming in from the west or south, and going to be staying for the weekend i would very much recommend the "Riverside" MBTA parking area. Its cheaper to park at than Ailewife, and easier to get to from the south and west ( 1 exit south of the the Pike(I-90) on Rt,128(I-95) ) the train ride is a little longer, but there is no line change involved, that and its outside/above ground for the most part so very pretty in the spring.
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
PatrickD
AB Staff

Where to park?

Post by PatrickD »

Also, Woodland (one stop closer on the D branch) is right off Route 128 on Route 16. There's a parking garage there.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
aryXbea
AB Alumni

Where to park?

Post by aryXbea »

Don't forget the Boston Common Garage!
It's like a 15-20 Min walk to the Pru (or once again, take the T!)

Weekend Rate:
Enter after 6 AM on Saturday or Sunday and exit by 8 AM the next morning...$11
Enter after 6 AM Saturday and exit by 8 AM on Monday...$22

Actually not too bad...
Ariana Sigel
Live Video Production Staff 2011-2013
Junior Tech Staff 2010
Attendee 2008, 2009
KingPads
Expert Poster

Where to park?

Post by KingPads »

I usually like the Renaissance garage because its directly off the highway, right on the T-line, and $6 a night on weekends (Friday-Sunday)
Princess-Meru
Getting the hang of this...

Where to park?

Post by Princess-Meru »

This isn't my first time coming to Anime Boston, but it is my first time not going by carpool or getting a hotel. Since I'll be going home late, I also won't be able to take the T, since the T stops running at midnight, from what I recall.

Things I need to think about when parking:
- I want to stay for the late night events, so taking the T isn't an option.
- Walking too far late at night isn't a good idea.
- The reason I'm not staying in a hotel is because it's expensive, so going to a garage that costs more than the hotel defeats the purpose.

That being said, where would be the best place to park? The pru is the closest, but it's super expensive. Boston common is the cheapest, but is walking through there at 1 or 2am really a good idea?
Hielostar
Experienced Poster

Where to park?

Post by Hielostar »

[quote=KingPads]I usually like the Renaissance garage because its directly off the highway, right on the T-line, and $6 a night on weekends (Friday-Sunday)[/quote]

Are you referring to the Renaissance Park garage that is right next to Northeastern University? If so, the $6 weekend rate does not kick in until 6PM Friday - if you park there before 6PM on Friday, you will get charged the daily rate, which can run up to $25 a day (for 12-24 hours of use).
/ænɪme bɔstɪn/ 2006-2022

2022: Your favorite Zaku girl selling model kits in the Dealer’s Room!