Best way top get to AB from RI-

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Sayako-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sayako-chan »

Okay,a challenge- That wiull benefit RI-landers of course~ XD

Challenge:
Best/easiest way for a 14-year old girl and 4 friends to get to Boston before 7am spending as little gas as possible!
And we must be able to take the same route easily to get home! ^_^
Starting point- Prov. RI
Ending Point- Prudential Center,Boston

Helpful Hints:
We all live in/around Providence
Can take the T-line!
- - -

Get thinking!!!

Heehee
Don't give up...
You're helping five people get into Boston from Prov.,even though none of them can work... :-D
You nice person,you!

xenocrisis0153
Needs a purpose in life

Post by xenocrisis0153 »

[quote=Sayako-Suzumiya]Challenge:
Best/easiest way for a 14-year old girl and 4 friends to get to Boston before 7am spending as little gas as possible!
And we must be able to take the same route easily to get home! ^_^[/quote]
since commuter-rail trains don't run so nicely to fit the schedule you're looking for, the second-best option is one of the following (assuming you have a car and driver, otherwise your only option is the commuter rail out of Providence, but your chances of getting there before 7am aren't so great):

Option 1:
- 95 Northbound to Exit 12
- 93 Northbound
- follow signs to the Quincy T Station (will be around exit 9 or 10... you have to get on Route 3 then quickly hop off at the first exit)
- park at Quincy Adams Red Line Station... $5/day
- Red Line inbound to Park Street
- Green Line westbound to Copley Station (or whichever one nearby works for you... there are tons of choices)

Option 2:
- 95 Northbound to Exit 21
- 16 North to Woodland Green Line Station... $4/day to park
- Green Line inbound to Copley, etc
Sayako-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sayako-chan »

Wow,that works great!
- - -
Actually,I could've always asked my dad about fast ways,but we've only used one way to get to Boston for years..
Plus we're getting a ride with one of my friend's parents to the station.
- - -
PLUS-
People that have been to the on before/been going for years/live in Boston definitely know better ways to get to AB than I do!
jnik
Show-off

Post by jnik »

There's a 5:25am out of Providence that gets to Back Back at 6:35...I'd say that fits your schedule about right. Weekend schedule isn't as nice, of course (
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

From Back Bay station, it's just a short walk over to the Pru, the Hynes, and the Sheraton.

Use this:MBTA trip planner
use Providence Station as your Start and Back Bay Station for your End (reverse for trip back, of course)
Put in the date and time. make sure you say you want to Arrive at Back Bay Station by 7am on the day.
And for leaving Sunday, do the time you want/need to be back in Providence by, and the time you think you'll be ready to leave from Back Bay. On Sundays, most of the Commuter Rail lines only run every 2 hours.
Sayako-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sayako-chan »

Wow,that actually did help a bit..
Except either my mom/one of my friend's moms is going to give us a ride to the Quincy station (or is it Braintree?) and we're coming into the city like that...
So I wasn't sure what to put for starting point,because I couldn't find the station..
Jennachan
Show-off

Post by Jennachan »

well there is one Braintree station and a few Quincy ones. Braintree is the furthest one south on the red line, but I always seem to have a much easier time finding Quincy Adams.
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
BlackSunRising
AB Alumni

Post by BlackSunRising »

[quote=Sayako-Suzumiya]Okay,a challenge- That wiull benefit RI-landers of course~ XD

Challenge:
And we must be able to take the same route easily to get home! ^_^
Starting point- Prov. RI
Ending Point- Prudential Center,Boston

Helpful Hints:
We all live in/around Providence
Can take the T-line!
- - -

Get thinking!!!

Heehee
Don't give up...
You're helping five people get into Boston from Prov.,even though none of them can work... :-D
You nice person,you!

[/quote]

Okay, I live in Providence myself and the best way to do it is to take one of the trains to Back Bay. It's pretty simple and straightforward, but the problem with that is the trains only run to a certain time, so you might not be able to stay the WHOLE day. I can't imagine it would be a problem for you, but it's worth taking note of.
xenocrisis0153
Needs a purpose in life

Post by xenocrisis0153 »

[quote=Jennachan]well there is one Braintree station and a few Quincy ones. Braintree is the furthest one south on the red line, but I always seem to have a much easier time finding Quincy Adams. [/quote]
QFT... the Quincy-Adams stop is literally right off the highway. No need to worry about getting lost on the surface streets.
Sayako-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sayako-chan »

Arigatou gozaimasu!
I couldn't remember what the name of the Quincy stop was,because there's Quincy Central too...And it confuses me alot whenever our family goes to Boston on the weekends...
But THANK YOU!
Now all that's left is to find out which parent will get up at 5 or 6 in the morning to drive us to Quincy Adam........
Think I'll get any volunteers?
xenocrisis0153
Needs a purpose in life

Post by xenocrisis0153 »

[quote=Sayako-Suzumiya]Arigatou gozaimasu!
I couldn't remember what the name of the Quincy stop was,because there's Quincy Central too...[/quote]
Quincy Central's a good stop, but yeah, you gotta know which roads to take. The subway ride is slightly longer, but you would just be driving that distance anyway.

[quote]Now all that's left is to find out which parent will get up at 5 or 6 in the morning to drive us to Quincy Adam........
Think I'll get any volunteers?[/quote]
bribe them with coffee and donuts, that should work, haha. good luck!
Sayako-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sayako-chan »

Thanks,and I'll try that out!