Sorry this is last minute, but help would be awesome

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
MatchesRFun
Getting the hang of this...

Post by MatchesRFun »

Hi guys, I'm an Anime Boston newbie, and I just got everything straightened out for transportation, accommodation, etc.,...and realized that the hostel I'm staying at is 4 miles away from the convention center by way of what appear to be highways, which puts walking there with my Harkonnen anti-middans cannon slung over my shoulder more or less completely out of the question. I was wondering if either A) anyone else was staying at the Prescott International Hotel and Hostel in Everett and would be willing to let a poor lost fangirl bum a ride with them to the convention center or B) if anyone could clue me in on a good mode of transportation to take to get from Everett to the Hynes.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.
tooxmuchxcsi

Post by tooxmuchxcsi »

im not sure exactly where you are, but are there any stops on the t nearby? the t is always a very cheap alternative :]
pezzer75
I'm new!

Post by pezzer75 »

The T is exactly right. What you'll need is the 104 or the 109 bus at the corner of broadway and church street going to sullivan station. Then you'll want to get on the orange line going to forrest hills. Get off at the back bay station and you are pretty much there, Just go throught the mall and youll be at the hynes.
Lamron
AB Staff

Post by Lamron »

I live in Wakefield and can go through Everett to give you a ride to the T if you want. I'm going to Sullivan Sq anyway. Driving into Boston sucks. Otherwise, the bus to Sullivan Sq is your best bet.
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022 - 2024

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19
Deany Kong
Experienced Poster

Post by Deany Kong »

That hostel is actually two blocks over from my humble abode. Unfortunately, I will be taking the T every day, so I can't offer you a ride.

But I can tell you how to take the T there! Just walk up to Everett Square and hop on a 104 or 109 bus to take you to Sullivan Station. From there, take the Orange Line inbound until you reach North Station. Then, hop off and work your way to the station's Green Line track. You'll want to take a B, C or D train, then get off at Hynes Convention center. Work your way back onto the street and you should be able to see the convention center behind you. If not, find a cosplayer and trail them until you get to the center. If you get on an E train, thats fine. Get off at Prudential. That stop is right inside the mall connected to the center.

Overall, it should take about 20 minutes to get there. Good luck!
2008: Rob Lucci | 2009: Rob Lucci | 2010: Walter
2011: Gary Oak | 2012: Gary Oak | 2013: Tony Stark
2014: Space Dandy | 2015: Space Dandy | 2016: Crocodile
2017: Grown-up who feels to old to cosplay. | 2018: Grown-up who feels to old to cosplay.
MatchesRFun

Post by MatchesRFun »

Thank you to everyone who replied...the 104/109 buses and T managed to get me to and from the con without me going completely insane in the process...I hope everyone else enjoyed the con.