Questions about BU Dorms in Relation to the Hynes?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
LizNeedsACharacter
Getting the hang of this...

Post by LizNeedsACharacter »

You know, I've been to BU plenty of times, and I've been to the Pru probably as many times or more... but for the life of me, I can't quite think of where each place is in relation to the other.

Like... how far are the BU Dorms from Copley Place?

Also, if I'm taking the commuter rail to BU it would be easier to get off at Yawkey, right?

That seems much closer than getting off at Back Bay I think?

In all honesty, Google maps are not as helpful as I'd hoped. Does anyone have a decent map of the area showing the two locations in relation to one another?

ALSO, does anyone know about the parking situation for visitors to BU? We're staying in my friend's dorm but I've had trouble getting in contact with her the last few days and I don't know if she even knows. Meanwhile, I'm trying to make plans on getting there for AB 08!

Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
jnik
Show-off

Post by jnik »

Which dorms? Warren is about a mile from the Hynes (it's about another half mile to Copley); StuVi's another half mile.

It's easily under 20 minutes on the green line if you don't want to walk.

Parking on BU campus is bad enough for students and staff. Overnight parking for visitors is pretty well nonexistent.

Yawkey's a short walk from BU, but doublecheck the schedule to make sure your train stops there.
LizNeedsACharacter

Post by LizNeedsACharacter »

Okay, good to know. Thanks so much!
I don't know what dorm it is, but I'll be sure to ask so I know exactly how far a walk it is (taking the green line wouldn't be a big deal except for 3 shinigami and one very embarrassed guy in normal clothing!)
Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Post by Miyu chan »

I've done the T from BU to the convention for 4 years, actually. Look like you belong there, and no one will bother you too much.

And like Jon said, find out which dorm. BU is pretty spread out, dorm-wise. It'd be easier to give you advice if we know where you are.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009
Bret

Post by Bret »

West Campus, South Campus, and East Campus cover a wide area.

Heh, don't expect a large amount of space to sleep.

If you're on Commonwealth, the Green Line to Hynes Convention Center is just a few stops.