Pre-con events?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
anothvortex
Getting the hang of this...

Pre-con events?

Post by anothvortex »

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone else knew of events that were running before and around the convention to enjoy? I know there's going to be something going on at a local comic store on the Red line but I am always looking for other events to network at pre-con.
(Oh, and for anyone who is interested, the comic store thing is here.)

https://www.meetup.com/BostonJapaneseAn ... 246203181/
anothvortex

Re: Pre-con events?

Post by anothvortex »

To anyone who was curious about this, the organizer looks like they just posted a bunch of extra information about the event in the comments section, including a commitment for free pizza!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

There will be a Pre-Con Dinner for current and former Anime Boston Panelists at Wagamama on 3/29 at 7:15PM. The thread is in the Panels and Programming board.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
MichaelZed

Pre con events

Post by MichaelZed »

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else and I cant locate it, but wondering if anyone is up for a Pre Event Dinner say on the Friday night, or a Saturday Brunch?

Have put a poll up but if anybody has suggestions of where as well????
anothvortex

Post by anothvortex »

Hi everyone!
I will probably just lobby con with friends at the convention this year, but thought that I should throw this up.
In addition to being a Pokemon Go Community day, the comic shop is doing another event with free pizza, raffle prizes and manga discounts on March 23rd.Anyone who is curious, can get the details here.

https://www.meetup.com/BostonJapaneseAn ... 258407922/
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Even though I did not pre-register this year, I do plan to to be around Thursday afternoon. I have plans with a friend Thursday evening and will kill some time until before the planned meetup. If you wanna watch this week's episode of The Rising of The Shield Hero on Crunchyroll, come find me (and bring tissue!). I will stream it through my iPad mini and will use my Bluetooth Speaker for sound ^_^

I will get a Sunday Pass this year as an aside.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^