Best places to eat near con center

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
XanSpiraken
Experienced Poster

Best places to eat near con center

Post by XanSpiraken » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 pm

So Anime Boston has arrived once again. Here is the question though, where do you recommend eating at. Post your local eating spots here, so we don;t have to eat the same crap in the providence food court.
Running manga panels all over the con
Cosplay
Friday red jacket lupin III
Saturday blue jacket lupin III
Sunday: Decim death parade

AnnaNeko
Veteran Poster

Re: Best places to eat near con center

Post by AnnaNeko » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:42 pm

walk to Newbury St for Trident (food x bookstore, last year then had anime themed drinks for the con!), walk to Mass Ave for B. Good burger
across street from Hynes heading towards Newbury (the street with the firehouse!) has an excellent ramen shop
why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?

AB '17 cosplay check
[Friday/Saturday] Lisbeth - Sword Art Online
[Saturday night] Nozomi - LoveLive!

Nenie
Determined Poster

Post by Nenie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Thortons!
Diagonally across from the Cheesecakefactory/pru T line entrance of the prudential center. It's cheap! It's good! It's American comfort food.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt

Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:58 pm

The Pour House on Boylston Street.

On Sat. nights they have 1/2 price burgers from 6PM-10PM, and their breakfast/brunch is excellent, too. They also have 1/2 price chicken sandwiches on Wed. nights from 6PM-10PM, and 1/2 price Mexican food on Thurs. nights from 6PM-10PM. ALL their food is great. :) :)

Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:39 pm

Kusuguru Usagi wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:58 pm
The Pour House on Boylston Street.

On Sat. nights they have 1/2 price burgers from 6PM-10PM, and their breakfast/brunch is excellent, too. They also have 1/2 price chicken sandwiches on Wed. nights from 6PM-10PM, and 1/2 price Mexican food on Thurs. nights from 6PM-10PM. ALL their food is great. :) :)
It also has the benefit of being almost directly across the street from the Hynes.

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:27 am

If you haven't been to the Hynes Cafeteria (1st Floor), they sell smoked Turkey legs ($10 each). Holy hell. I mustered up the discipline to only buy one yesterday afternoon. I have my new daily fix at Con now LOL.I'll take a picture the next time I get one.

...That and maybe 3 other stuff on the menu are worth going to the Hynes Cafeteria for despite the pricing. Pizza's a definite pass. Assume's been sitting there for a while unless you see them put it out when you get there. The burgers, hot dogs and fries are sold fast enough to say they'll be fresh you when get to them. The premade salads are good for the day. Bottled drinks...goes without saying (LOL).

The taco bowls were their bestseller yesterday according to the shift manager I talked to. Second were the Asian bowls followed by French Fry Cups in Third.

If you want better, go elsewhere. Goes without saying. Because of the weather and especially because of the security checkpoints, more and more folks are electing to bite the bullet and buy food in the Hynes. Aside from the main cafeteria there are food stalls set up on both ends of the second floor and in the hallway of the third floor where the Video Game Room is. They sell burgers, hot dogs and salads prepared in the cafeteria as well as drinks.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee since 2010. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Looking forward to just enjoying AB2017!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^