Where to park? Not looking to spend $42/night on hotel parking!

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Hentai69
Getting the hang of this...

Where to park? Not looking to spend $42/night on hotel parking!

Post by Hentai69 »

Not trying to access my vehicle until going back home on Sunday so open to your thoughts. I'm not familiar with the city of Boston!
Fetch
Show-off

Re: Where to park? Not looking to spend $42/night on hotel parking!

Post by Fetch »

I would suggest at one of the T stations and then taking the T back to the con.
http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/parkin ... #overnight
is a list of the T stations that have overnight parking.
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

There is a website and app to find parking and reserve a spot before you get there. You can reserve a spot now. You will know want your paying. They have instructions how to check in and check out. It's like booking a hotel room. Most of the time you get a discount.

Spot Hero does not list every parking garage in Boston.

https://spothero.com/boston/hynes-conve ... er-parking
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
WertPhotography
Experienced Poster

Post by WertPhotography »

We arrive on Thursday and leave Boston on Monday. In that time our hotel wants to charge us $56 per day. for five days that'd be $280!!! However, We just unload the car at the hotel and then I drive out to the Wellington Station parking lot and leave my car there for $7 per day for a total of $35. I generally try and park near the toll booth so my car is always being watched. Taking the time to drive to and from my hotel and then taking the subway in is negligible compared to $280!!!
Hentai69

Post by Hentai69 »

tomthumb wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 pm There is a website and app to find parking and reserve a spot before you get there. You can reserve a spot now. You will know want your paying. They have instructions how to check in and check out. It's like booking a hotel room. Most of the time you get a discount.

Could you tell me the name of the app? I see Park Boston but it lists metered parking.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Hentai69 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:21 pm
tomthumb wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 pm There is a website and app to find parking and reserve a spot before you get there. You can reserve a spot now. You will know want your paying. They have instructions how to check in and check out. It's like booking a hotel room. Most of the time you get a discount.

Could you tell me the name of the app? I see Park Boston but it lists metered parking.
I personally don't know the other apps but Park Boston is Boston's Meter App, letting drivers pay for the parking meter through said app so you don't have to return to the car. It has it's limits though...
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

as last ditch resort, may I recommend Boston Common garage? They have a weekend rate (in after 6am, out by 8am next day) and it's not too long of a walk up Boylston to the con

http://massconvention.com/about-us/boston-common-garage
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

AnnaNeko wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:25 am as last ditch resort, may I recommend Boston Common garage? They have a weekend rate (in after 6am, out by 8am next day) and it's not too long of a walk up Boylston to the con

http://massconvention.com/about-us/boston-common-garage
If you choose to use the Boston Common garage, just take the Green line from Boylston station back to Hynes station. Reverse for getting back to your vehicle.
Captainhockey82

Post by Captainhockey82 »

Hentai69 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:06 pm Not trying to access my vehicle until going back home on Sunday so open to your thoughts. I'm not familiar with the city of Boston!

I'll be parking at the 100 Claredon st. Parking garage. $32 a night. It's about a 15 min walk to Hynes or a 7 min uber.

Hope this helps. 😊
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

Hentai69 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:21 pm
The phone app is named: SpotHero. Not all parking garages are part of the system.

You enter the time in and time out. The app will show you a map with the parking garages with the total cost. If you book more that one day it will show what it will cost. You can scroll around the map looking for the cheapest place.

When you click/touch a garage it will show you any restrictions, best to read them. Direction, pics of the garage.

I use it when I go to Boston. The cost is normal below they normal price.

The MBTA, public transportation parking is the cheapest.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.