Travel from Boston

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
casuallyironicknight
Experienced Poster

Travel from Boston

Post by casuallyironicknight »

I really want to attend an 18+ panel but don't own a car. The panel runs from 12AM - 2AM and I need a way from Boston to Ayer MA after the con... suggestions?

Edit: Never used the public transportation in Boston... or anywhere... sorry if this question is odd.
rookie_one
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Travel from Boston

Post by rookie_one »

casuallyironicknight wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 am I really want to attend an 18+ panel but don't own a car. The panel runs from 12AM - 2AM and I need a way from Boston to Ayer MA after the con... suggestions?

Edit: Never used the public transportation in Boston... or anywhere... sorry if this question is odd.
MBTA commuter rail likely won't be an option. The line that runs to Ayer that runs on weekends doesn't have any outbound departures during overnight hours between midnight and 8AM.

Your best option may be using a ride app like Uber or Lyft. I've had no experiences with either, so maybe someone else can give their thoughts on this.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Unfortunately, the MBTA typically ends service around 12:30am so public transportation isn't an option.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

You could always take a cab or a Lyft - I remember last year Lyft and AB ran a promo where you could get ride credits or a percentage off or something. But yeah, late night service is gone for the MBTA now =\
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
casuallyironicknight
Experienced Poster

That's really helpful, thank you guys!!

question = answered >w<
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

FYI: According to Ride Guru, for getting from Boston to Ayer, Lyft or Uber cost around $65 and a taxi would cost around $120.
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

Make some new friends that would let you crash for couple hours in their hotel room! (did this last year to make a 6am showing...)
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
casuallyironicknight
Experienced Poster

AnnaNeko wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:38 am Make some new friends that would let you crash for couple hours in their hotel room! (did this last year to make a 6am showing...)
I never seem to make friends that have hotel rooms or even close friends... how does one "friends" ;-;
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

casuallyironicknight wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:23 pm
AnnaNeko wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:38 am Make some new friends that would let you crash for couple hours in their hotel room! (did this last year to make a 6am showing...)
I never seem to make friends that have hotel rooms or even close friends... how does one "friends" ;-;
If you see a guy in a green kilt, come up to me and say "Hi". Given the security rules, I can't share my hotel room on a casual basis, but I empathize with your loneliness.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Also, see the Find a Friend forum.