Where is a good place to park all-day?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
QQ
Getting the hang of this...

Where is a good place to park all-day?

Post by QQ »

Hi, I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive place to park my car all-day as I attend Anime Boston. Anybody know of good places? Will the Sheraton or Anime Boston validate parking at the Prudential?
Maydog
Experienced Poster

Re: Where is a good place to park all-day?

Post by Maydog »

QQ wrote:Hi, I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive place to park my car all-day as I attend Anime Boston. Anybody know of good places? Will the Sheraton or Anime Boston validate parking at the Prudential?

The Sheraton doesn't validate parking because PCenter runs the garage as a garage for the Mall. There is a ticket validation at the shops if you buy something in the Mall. Similar to what a lot of Malls do when you park on their property. I do not want to answer for AB about an AB validation, but I am personally not aware of any arrangement like that. The most popular area in Boston plus Easter holiday plus everyone wanting to visit equals as the Kawaii J pop metal group Baby Metal says...one for the money...two for the money...three for the money...money money money money. Well ...you get the idea. Good luck though.
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Prudential Center Garage: http://www.prudentialcenter.com/visit_park_rates.html
Hynes Auditorium Garage: http://www.pilgrimparking.com/boston-pa ... garage.htm

And here is a site that shows a bunch of parking places controlled by LAZ parking in the area.
https://www.lazparking.com/local/venues ... -Boston-MA
WertPhotography
Experienced Poster

Post by WertPhotography »

Our plans for parking (we did the same last year):
  • Arrive at our hotel on Thursday (Hilton-Back Bay).
  • Unload the car at the hotel, but DO NOT park there.
  • Drive out to an overnight parking station of the MTBA (leave the car there until Monday)
  • Pick the car up on Monday. (Pay $6 for the first day and $7 for each additional day; at least at the station I use)
Total paid for five days is $34.
If you only stay one day then it's only $6; PLUS fair to get to and from where you parked (which is only a couple of bucks total). It's sooooo much cheaper than anywhere I was able to find near the convention.
QQ

Post by QQ »

Thanks for all the info. Now need to find a MBTA station that allows for overnight parking.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

QQ wrote:Thanks for all the info. Now need to find a MBTA station that allows for overnight parking.
Most of 'em do actually. I don't know how well you know your way around MBTA stations or I'd reccommend one of the Commuter Rail Stations near my house in Hyde Park (Cleary Square). It sounds far but the station is a direct connection to Back Bay (and South Station) and Inbound trains come every 20 minutes during peak times and every 40 minutes off-peak. There is also Fairmount Station, which is down the street but it's a separate line and doesn't connect to Back Bay.

...I don't remember if the Garage next to Back Bay Station has overnight parking but I don't think it's an MBTA Station. I DO know Logan Airport DOES allow overnight parking though. I just don't remember the specifics on using it.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
slippers
AB Staff

Post by slippers »

QQ wrote:Thanks for all the info. Now need to find a MBTA station that allows for overnight parking.
http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/parkin ... #overnight should help you with that.
Andrew Guertin
Technical Staff Area Lead 2024
Technical Staff Area Lead 2023
Technical Staff Shift Lead 2022

General Tech Staff 2020-2021
Information Desk Staff 2019
Sheraton 500 Shift Lead 2018
Senior Technical Staff 2016-17
Junior Technical Staff 2014-15
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

if all else fails - the garage under the Commons
Enter after 6am, leave before 8am next day - weekend flatrate for that full day is $18

Then u can either just walk couple blocks up Boylston to the Hynes, or hop the GreenLine for couple stops to get there
Being so close to con at least you aren't tied to the MBTA's lack of late night services ...if you're leaving in the middle of the night
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
QQ

Post by QQ »

Thanks! Will definitely do this for Saturday. Now I have to figure out Friday.
AnnaNeko wrote:if all else fails - the garage under the Commons
Enter after 6am, leave before 8am next day - weekend flatrate for that full day is $18

Then u can either just walk couple blocks up Boylston to the Hynes, or hop the GreenLine for couple stops to get there
Being so close to con at least you aren't tied to the MBTA's lack of late night services ...if you're leaving in the middle of the night