My first time getting a hotel- question

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
MitsuHime
Getting the hang of this...

My first time getting a hotel- question

Post by MitsuHime »

hi, not really sure if i'm putting this topic in the right place but here it goes anyway..

this will be my first year staying at a hotel, usually i just drive because i'm in rhode island.
So my question for you guys is..
Even though the hotels say no more than 4 people to a room will they accept 5 people? I'm planning on calling and asking but I thought i'd see if anyone here has done that before so I don't seem like an idiot when I call them.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: My first time getting a hotel- question

Post by MomoMiraculous »

That depends on the hotel. I know the Marriott USED to allow a max of 5 people, but technically no, the Sheraton and the other area hotels technically have a max occupancy of 4 to a room for a double and 3 to a room for a single king size bed.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

As a first-time hotel renter, I suggest that you closely review the con hotel policy:

http://www.animeboston.com/location/hotel_info/
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
MitsuHime

Post by MitsuHime »

Hi, thank you both for replying to me.

I have read the hotel info several times, and i know it says 4 people. (please note my friends and i are all adults and not some kids trying to fool around and make noise)

my main question was if they make a big deal if you have 5 people and if anyone has asked before. it would really suck if none of the hotels close by allowed 5 people in a room.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

I'm not going to tell you to break hotel room policy, but technically I don't think any of the official hotels for AB allow 5 in a room. I don't know if literally all the hotels in the area are 4 max, but I know with certainty that the Sheraton, Marriott (I have now checked), Midtown and Hilton are all max occupancy of 4.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
MitsuHime

Post by MitsuHime »

GinjaNinja wrote:I'm not going to tell you to break hotel room policy, but technically I don't think any of the official hotels for AB allow 5 in a room. I don't know if literally all the hotels in the area are 4 max, but I know with certainty that the Sheraton, Marriott (I have now checked), Midtown and Hilton are all max occupancy of 4.
okay, thank you so much, and thank you for checking!
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

Hmm maybe call and ask the hotel management about it
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Post by Shiroikami »

Some of the hotels (I know the Sheraton does for sure) will allow additional people in the room... for a fee. If I recall correctly, the Sheraton's "additional inhabitant" fee was something like $200/person (past the 4 person room limit), although I think that it was a one time charge (as opposed to a per-night charge).
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter