Haru

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Haru

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

is the best place ever and very reasoably priced. I wish i went there more cause the noodles sounded amazing and the rice boll looked really good.

thank you to who ever suggested it to me
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Re: Haru

Post by Ugly Bob »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:is the best place ever and very reasoably priced. I wish i went there more cause the noodles sounded amazing and the rice boll looked really good.

thank you to who ever suggested it to me
Glad you enjoyed it. If you are willing to go a bit farther away and pay a bit more, check out Douzo at Back Bay. It was better than ever this year, and they have Suntory 12 year whisky! Still haven't mastered the chopsticks for rice though...
Juggernaut_Drive
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Juggernaut_Drive »

I second Ugly Bob's recommendation of Douzo's. The food was excellent and the service was excellent too. Prices are close. I went to both Haru's and Douzo's this trip and liked Douzo's much more.
Next year I will definitely return to Douzo's.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

Juggernaut_Drive wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:57 pm I second Ugly Bob's recommendation of Douzo's. The food was excellent and the service was excellent too. Prices are close. I went to both Haru's and Douzo's this trip and liked Douzo's much more.
Next year I will definitely return to Douzo's.
where is Douzo? is it far?
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

131 Dartmouth St, by the Back Bay T station (so couple blocks away)
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

Thirded for Douzo - their shumai is delicious!
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Douzu is a few doors down from Back Bay Station. From the station's Darmouth St. Entrance walk down the street past Tasty Burger. It's on the left. If you see B.Good you went one door too far.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^