How are the roads

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

How are the roads

Post by waynoinsano »

I'll be driving in from the south are the roads near the pru bad with potholes? few, many, giant, or patched. Just wanted to know from anyone who has been in the area if I'll need to keep an eye out.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Re: How are the roads

Post by Elli21486 »

At this point, the entire area, whether local streets or highways, has some sort of potholes or another. I will say keep an eye out since many of the potholes may not get filled prior to Anime Boston. In fact, they may not be able to fill them until mid-April to early May.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

also check your local news before you show up. the traffic can change from day to day and is not always reliable espessily during rush hr.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
winterwing3000
AB Alumni

Post by winterwing3000 »

Potholes galore all about Boston. Best to drive safely and try dodging the big ones. I don't' think authorities will be full on patching till they're sure that Boston is clear of snow.
Elisa Cheng
Security Staff '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18

--
"Steel is my body, fire is my blood..." - Archer, Fate/Stay Night (Unlimited Blade Works incantation)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

There are four ways to get to the Hynes if you are coming up 93. Well, that my commute uses. Two run into each other early though.

Exit 16 - Run up Mass Ave.
Exit 18 - Run up Mass Ave.
Exit 18 - Run down East Berkeley Street
Exit 20/HOV Lane (HOV if 2+) - Run down Kneeland Street/St. James.

I want to say Exit 18 - Mass Ave was the smoothest of the four, but has said, potholes are there. Boston experienced a bad winter, so a lot of the roads have been beat to high-Hell. They aren't terrible, but the holes are there. As said, just play it safe with it. Mass Ave is easily the best way to go (pothole-less wise) .... Berkeley and Kneeland are beat to high Hell, despite me liking to go Kneeland in.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024