Looking for feedback for the following restaurants:

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Looking for feedback for the following restaurants:

Post by Sayoria »

- Dillion's Bar and Grill
- The Pour House
- Whiskey's
- Atlantic Fish
- Brasserie Jo
- Club Cafe

What I want to know/need is:

- Food diversity. Do they have a good variety of steak, chicken, fish, pork, salads, desserts, etc.... or do they strictly stick to one thing?
- How the food is.
- The price point in terms of 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40....etc.
- If the place is an "Up and order" place, or if they have waitstaff that cater to you. (I assume all of them do.)
- If the place has unisex restrooms. (I am MtF trans, and one of my friends is FtM trans, so it would be a nice option, otherwise, we can still manage.)

In addition with Club Cafe, is it worth going as someone who doesn't drink and isn't really ravey/dancey? Like, I'd go to socialize without a drink. I'd probably bring my FtM friend with me. I kind of want to feel a club atmosphere out, and well, it's "THE" gay bar, soo....

Any other information for them is welcomed too. Thank you.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
winterwing3000
AB Alumni

Re: Looking for feedback for the following restaurants:

Post by winterwing3000 »

Pour House is dirt cheap, large portions and ok in terms of variety--burgers, nachos, sandwiches... Waitstaff, separate bathrooms.

I never tried anywhere else though.

You can always see the reviews on Yelp or look up the menus online.
Elisa Cheng
Security Staff '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18

--
"Steel is my body, fire is my blood..." - Archer, Fate/Stay Night (Unlimited Blade Works incantation)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

winterwing3000 wrote:Pour House is dirt cheap, large portions and ok in terms of variety--burgers, nachos, sandwiches... Waitstaff, separate bathrooms.

I never tried anywhere else though.

You can always see the reviews on Yelp or look up the menus online.

While I could, I could converse with people to why they have their opinions and ask them about the restaurants in general. I think it's better. Plus, no fixed reviews here.

Anywho, thank you for the Pour House information. Might not be what we want then. Maybe once to see, but probably not going to be that kind of a place I'd be frequenting. Thank you Winter!
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Another way to get info on Boston food scene: see if they've been visited by The Phantom Gourmet.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Whiskey's and Brasserie Jo have but I see no ratings or anything.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Fetch wrote:Another way to get info on Boston food scene: see if they've been visited by The Phantom Gourmet.
Eh...I'm pretty iffy about the Phantom Gourmet these days. It's not how it was before where they went out of their way to profile restaurants and food shops most people probably didn't know existed. Now it's like they only profile high-profile places or places with a niche following.

Have you noticed PG no longer reviews places? The heat from the industry forced then to stop so...yeah XD
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

Here is info on Brasserie Jo:

- Food diversity. Do they have a good variety of steak, chicken, fish, pork, salads, desserts, etc.... or do they strictly stick to one thing? - A good variety. I had herbed chicken and my friend had steak. Riesling wine was very smooth and reasonably priced.

- How the food is. - A good variety as above.

- The price point in terms of 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40....etc. - 21-30 for the entrees, and 11-20 for appetizers. Wine prices naturally vary greatly.

- If the place is an "Up and order" place, or if they have waitstaff that cater to you. (I assume all of them do.) - waitstaff for our purposes. Being high end, it may not have takeout.

- If the place has unisex restrooms. (I am MtF trans, and one of my friends is FtM trans, so it would be a nice option, otherwise, we can still manage.) - Not sure on the specifics, but there is the standard family restrooms that locks.

Here are my friend's views: Yeah, the food was really excellent and quite reasonable for a fancy French bistro.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Ugly Bob wrote:Here is info on Brasserie Jo:

- Food diversity. Do they have a good variety of steak, chicken, fish, pork, salads, desserts, etc.... or do they strictly stick to one thing? - A good variety. I had herbed chicken and my friend had steak. Riesling wine was very smooth and reasonably priced.

- How the food is. - A good variety as above.

- The price point in terms of 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40....etc. - 21-30 for the entrees, and 11-20 for appetizers. Wine prices naturally vary greatly.

- If the place is an "Up and order" place, or if they have waitstaff that cater to you. (I assume all of them do.) - waitstaff for our purposes. Being high end, it may not have takeout.

- If the place has unisex restrooms. (I am MtF trans, and one of my friends is FtM trans, so it would be a nice option, otherwise, we can still manage.) - Not sure on the specifics, but there is the standard family restrooms that locks.

Here are my friend's views: Yeah, the food was really excellent and quite reasonable for a fancy French bistro.

Terrific. My friends are pretty poor, so going there this year won't work, but if I hang out with someone one day in Boston who can afford it, I'll have to go.