Boston Marathon Bombing Memorial @ Boston Public Library

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Boston Marathon Bombing Memorial @ Boston Public Library

Post by Aurabolt »

I just wanted to let folks who didn't have the opportunity to see it last year or in 2013 know it can be found in the Boston Public Library's main branch at Copley Square, which is down the street from the Hynes. The Boylston St. Entrance is closed due to renovations but fortunately, the exhibit is just inside the main entrance around the corner.

Entry into all the Boston Public Libraries is free of charge just so you know. From the main entrance, turn left and walk to the end of the hall. The exhibit is the last room on the left. A 15 second walk from the entrance. Almost everything from the memorial's first two locations (Boylston St. and later Copley Square) was put in the permanent exhibit. What isn't on display is in storage though some stuff was either given to families of the victims (both the injured and those who died).

It's a pretty powerful exhibit and is a testament to the resiliance of the people of Boston ^_^

Update 3/4/2015:

I went to the Copley Library earlier this evening and learned due to the rennovations the Boston Marathon exhibit was put in storage. The librarian I spoke to said it will be back when Rennovations are done but probably not until Spring 2017.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^