To Staff: Mall food court open late?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

To Staff: Mall food court open late?

Post by Master of NERV »

Hi, Staff!

Last year, IIRC, many of the stands at the mall food court were open after hours on Saturday night to take advantage of the AB crowd. Does anyone know if they'll be a repeat this year? It would be a great help to know beforehand...
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Re: To Staff: Mall food court open late?

Post by Sayoria »

What exactly is "after hours?" .... Like.... when do they normally close? 9ish?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:What exactly is "after hours?" .... Like.... when do they normally close? 9ish?
More like closed at 11:00-11:30 pm. IIRC, it was a decision made by the food court shops.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Master of NERV wrote:Hi, Staff!

Last year, IIRC, many of the stands at the mall food court were open after hours on Saturday night to take advantage of the AB crowd. Does anyone know if they'll be a repeat this year? It would be a great help to know beforehand...
Oh that would be great! Extra late night options are always good.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

there is a tasty sandwitch shop that is open late (And is reasonably priced as well) i'm sad i found it on Satrday night before i had to leave. Hopefully this year i'll have more time on Sunday :|

i had the best pesto, tamato and motz sandwitch there it was so nummy! i hope they have breakfest options!
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Yammark
Determined Poster

Post by Yammark »

The food court is usually never a let down.
Yamma!
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:What exactly is "after hours?" .... Like.... when do they normally close? 9ish?
FOOD COURT HOURS

Mon-Sat 7 AM to 9 PM

Sun 9 AM to 8 PM
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Fetch wrote:
FOOD COURT HOURS

Mon-Sat 7 AM to 9 PM

Sun 9 AM to 8 PM

Thought so. Thank you.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Some but not all of the Restaurants in the Food Court stay open until 11:30PM during the Con. The mall leaves it to the vendors to decide if they want to but I'm sure they will.

Yammark wrote:The food court is usually never a let down.
Agreed, though I feel inclined to let folks know there are two vacant booths in the food court: The first is next to Flamers while the other vacant booth is next to Pizzaria Regina. There is a new cafe across from Olympia Sports' new location across from the other dining area next to the courtyard though. They sell gourmet neopolitan and sicilian pizza by the slice. As for what could go in those vacant booths, I'm hoping for a Dangelo's and a Popeyes' or KFC personally.

...I don't mind asking at the different vendors when I go to the Pru tomorrow if they will have extended hours during Con weekend. I'll talk to the folks at Harvest Bakery, Qdoba, Sarku Japan, Flamers, Ben & Jerry's Cheeseboy, Panda Express and Pizzaria Regina. I'm sure once I tell them they stand to make some extra $$$$ they'll extend their hours ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

Next to pizza regina was that the rotisserie chicken place? That kinda sux they gave a good meal there.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I got food poisoning from them when I was in City Year 11 years ago. Never ate from there ever since XD
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

http://www.prudentialcenter.com/dine_category.html

All the places to eat in the Pru.
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

Aurabolt wrote:Some but not all of the Restaurants in the Food Court stay open until 11:30PM during the Con. The mall leaves it to the vendors to decide if they want to but I'm sure they will.

Yammark wrote:The food court is usually never a let down.
Agreed, though I feel inclined to let folks know there are two vacant booths in the food court: The first is next to Flamers while the other vacant booth is next to Pizzaria Regina. There is a new cafe across from Olympia Sports' new location across from the other dining area next to the courtyard though. They sell gourmet neopolitan and sicilian pizza by the slice. As for what could go in those vacant booths, I'm hoping for a Dangelo's and a Popeyes' or KFC personally.

...I don't mind asking at the different vendors when I go to the Pru tomorrow if they will have extended hours during Con weekend. I'll talk to the folks at Harvest Bakery, Qdoba, Sarku Japan, Flamers, Ben & Jerry's Cheeseboy, Panda Express and Pizzaria Regina. I'm sure once I tell them they stand to make some extra $$$$ they'll extend their hours ^_^
I tried the new pizza place in January 2015. The pizzas are kept under a warning light but they do sit there throughout the day. Perhaps they only leave them there for a certain amount of time though.

Overall I would say it probably depends on which type of pizza you're getting, but it's a fine alternative to Pizzeria Regina.
GameXplayer
AB Staff

Post by GameXplayer »

Here are the special hours on the Con Chowdah for AB2015 so they open later than normal hours to accommodate the crowd. Do not assume the hours to be the same every year.
Attachments
14280214869401109982992.jpg
14280214869401109982992.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 10014 times
Seng Ung
Technical Shift Lead
Previous positions: Various Technical Staff [2011-23)]
Attendee 2006-09