Getting to the con from Worcester?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
tmliza
Expert Poster

Getting to the con from Worcester?

Post by tmliza »

So I recently moved to MA so I'm not too sure about the area and the amtrack website is being less than helpful.

Since I'm going to the con only for one day, I originally was planning on driving in, at least until I read about Boston traffic. So I'm thinking about taking the train into Boston. The thing is, I want to take the train as close as I can to the city. In other words, I want to drive to a station that is close to the South Station, leave my car there and then take the train to the South Station and then head to the con from there.

Anyone got any ideas of the best way to go about this?
DemonGirl-Setsuna
Veteran Poster

Re: Getting to the con from Worcester?

Post by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

I'm not from the area, but I do have to take a train into Boston & I have a copy of the Transit Map in my hand.

There is a Station in Worcester that takes you to South Station.
Here's a link to the "Inbound" schedule on the MBTA site: Link

I hope this helps! :)
AB 2024 Cosplay(s);

~ To be Announced... ~

Been attending Anime Boston since 2010!
*Survived the Con Depression of 2020-2021*
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

If you can, use one of the Commuter Rail lines that stops at Back Bay Station. From there, you just walk through Copley Place and the Prudential Mall. Which is very good thing if the weather not so nice.
tmliza
Expert Poster

Post by tmliza »

Wow, I did not realize that I could take the Worcester station to South Station. 0_0 Well I feel dumb, haha. Thanks a lot!
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Definitely do what Fetch suggested. If you can get off at Back Bay, you are in walking distance of the convention center. If you get off at South Station, you will have to connect to another transit line to get to the convention center.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
aznman08
AB Staff

Post by aznman08 »

Elli21486 wrote:Definitely do what Fetch suggested. If you can get off at Back Bay, you are in walking distance of the convention center. If you get off at South Station, you will have to connect to another transit line to get to the convention center.
The Worcester line stops at back bay. The only way you would end up at south station is if you're preoccupied and forget to get off.
John Bautista
AB 2022: General Tech l 2019: Senior Tech l 2014-18: Junior Tech Staff l 2007-2013: AB volunteer l 2006:attendee
PAX East Enforcer:2014-22
tmliza
Expert Poster

Post by tmliza »

Oh gotcha! Thanks a lot guys! This really helps! :)