List of awesome things to do in Boston

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
bostonp
I'm new!

List of awesome things to do in Boston

Post by bostonp »

Hey guys here's a list I wrote on cool things people from Boston love:

http://www.movoto.com/bolton-ma/bostonians-love/

I'm still working on it but I think it could serve as a sweet resource for people! Let me know if I should add anything :D

-p
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Re: List of awesome things to do in Boston

Post by Elli21486 »

Just for your information, these threads become very slow after the convention is over (which was in March this year). I would, however, suggest including Santarpio's Pizza in East Boston if they love a really good classic pizza (and maybe a combo of grilled lamb and sausage with it) and Regina Pizza but the original one in the North End. Also, you may want to mention the Union Oyster House for being the oldest restaurant in the US that is still in operation (operating since 1826) or the New England Aquarium which is considered the first modern aquarium in the world.

Edit:
I forgot to mention this and this could either go under history or Red Sox but Fenway Park is the oldest baseball park still in use by a major league team. It is also the only city, well region, to have nearly every major league team win a championship within a 10 year span (Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, Bruins.) All we really need now is the Revolutions. :P
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Regarding #9 & #17 on your list: Carrying an open container of alcohol on the streets of Boston is against the law. So be sure to finish those inside the place. And wait until you get back to your place to open that 6-pack you get from the packie.
omgitsgela
AB Alumni

Post by omgitsgela »

Boston is a very rich a diverse city with many different things to cater to people with different interests. Food? Got that. History? You betcha. Culture? A walk down Washington St will bring you through more shops and people than you thought were possible.

Touristy things include visiting Faneuil Hall (Pronounced Fan-you'll) and Quincy Market, the walk through the North End's Hanover Street and the Paul Revere Park. And historically minded people love the USS Constitution, Fort Independence, and Paul Revere's House. There are many tour companies that offer tours throughout Boston. One of my favorites is the Ghosts and Gravestones tour, which shows you the haunted past of Boston.

Local roast beef sandwiches are hard to find in the city, but if you go outside the city to any nearby sub shop, you should be able to get a "Super 3-way" (James River BBQ sauce, cheese, onion, mayo), which is delicious! And Lobstah!

If you have a car, a very beautiful drive can be had if you drive north of Boston and follow the coast. The towns of Beverly, Salem, Gloucester, and Nahant offer breathtaking cliffside views of the Atlantic Ocean. And Hammond Castle offers tours of its history up north of here, too.
Angela Morley, "Gela"
Dispatcher, Tech Desk Staff, AB 2022
Records Mistress, Special Projects Tech Staff, AB 2017
Records Mistress, Special Projects Tech Staff, AB 2016
Records Mistress, Special Projects Tech Staff, AB 2015
Records Mistress, Special Projects Tech Staff, AB 2014
Senior Tech Staff, AB 2013
Junior Tech Staff, AB 2011
Badass Pirate on the High Seas
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

I always enjoy going to Harvard Square in Cambridge, which is only a short ride on the Red Line. Couple other things I like to do especially on Newbury Street is visit the Anime Zakka store, and the Cherry Mart mini-supermarket which sells lots of different types of Asian food. :)
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Elli21486 wrote:It is also the only city, well region, to have nearly every major league team win a championship within a 10 year span (Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, Bruins.) All we really need now is the Revolutions. :P
And they came close this past season. :P