hotels near the convention?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
teamrocketcutie
I'm new!

hotels near the convention?

Post by teamrocketcutie »

I'm going to animeboston, i am pre registered and everything. My only problem is the hotels are way to exspensive. Are there any hotels nearby the convention you reccomend for a reasonably cheap price?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong fourm.
friday feferi (homestuck)
saturday south korea (hetalia)
sunday north italy (hetalia)
okapirose
Determined Poster

Re: hotels near the convention?

Post by okapirose »

Boston hotels are generally expensive and are even more so this year because its a holiday weekend.

My suggestion is that you look around on the Rooms and Roommates thread (located here: viewforum.php?f=24 ) and try and squish in with others instead of trying to find a hotel room for yourself. You don't have to pay as much, and you're generally close to the convention.
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

Search Hotels near The Hynes Convention center in google or bing. And then the search is onnnn! There are a lot of hotels in the Boston/Cambridge area. My group and I thankfully found a good enough hotel this month. It's a little farther but in the Copley area. Something to learn when you're going to Anime Boston every year, start booking your hotel in January/ early February. Or maybe even before January. The rates are lower and once the date comes closer or now the hotel prices go up. Also look for hotels close to the T-line if you have to book one farther away.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
Secret Duckie
Veteran Poster

Post by Secret Duckie »

From my experience they're all in the same ballpark. Midtown is probably the cheapest in the area, and they also offer an AB discount this year. You won't be able to find anything less than $150 a night I think, especially if you want to be close to the con.