Japanese Culture in Boston

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
OrikoMikuni89
Experienced Poster

Japanese Culture in Boston

Post by OrikoMikuni89 »

Opening at the Museum of Fine Arts in April, is the Samurai armor exhibit. It runs until early August. The MFA also has an extensive permanent collection, including postcards and Meji-era photographs, as well as a traditional Japanese garden. The museum will be open Sunday and Monday Memorial Day weekend, if attendees are interested in sticking around after the convention closes.

Also, the Sunday before AnimeBoston, there will be a Japan Festival in City Hall Plaza, running from 10am to 5pm. There will be food booths, retailers, and stage performances, so check it out if you have the time.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Re: Japanese Culture in Boston

Post by Elli21486 »

That honestly sounds interesting.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
OrikoMikuni89
Experienced Poster

Post by OrikoMikuni89 »

Elli21486 wrote:That honestly sounds interesting.
Indeed. I didn't go to last year's Japan Festival, but my friends told me that it was pretty fantastic! I'm wearing my kimono to this year's event. :)
Secret Duckie
Veteran Poster

Post by Secret Duckie »

Here's the facebook page for the Japan Festival now: http://www.facebook.com/JapanFestivalBoston