Haru Matsuri

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Viran
Experienced Poster

Haru Matsuri

Post by Viran »

I'm not sure where this thread should go, but I was wondering if anyone is going?
Also, in cosplay? I hope to see you guys there. /^_^)/
AB'11@ JBF: Luka Megurine (Memories Ver.)
AB'12@ Matryoshka! SeeU
AB'13@ Senbon Zakura Miku+Madoka (PMMM)
Neshota
Veteran Poster

Re: Haru Matsuri

Post by Neshota »

I will be going with a few friends, I don't think we'll be cosplaying though haha
AB2009 - Ritsuka (Loveless)
AB2010 - Cooru (+Anima)
AB2011 - Bridgette (Guilty Gear)
AB2012 - Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
AB2013 - Red Cloak (Journey)
- Link (Ocarina of Time)
AB2014 - Levi (Shingeki no Kyojin)
- Haruka (Free!)
AB2015-17 - (Sadly Missed Years)
AB2018 - (Hopefully Going!)
hop-is-my-hero
Veteran Poster

Post by hop-is-my-hero »

There is already a discussion about this here viewtopic.php?f=66&t=14484

I will be attending. I actually will be at table D4! selling my pokemon wares and my sister will be with me selling her steampunk jewery. and some other cherry blossom related accessories by both of us. I haven't decided if I am going to cosplay yet. if I do it will be as a pokemon or as Cardcaptor Sakura (or Kero) as I think that would be fitting. Or just something spring and festive like. They sent me the event guide so give it a look!

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way bricks don't" ~ Douglas Adams
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

No question I'll be there (weather permitting), but certainly not in cosplay! ;)
My otaku identity will be known only through two or three cloisonne pins I'll wear on my hat... 8-)
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Pardon me for possibly being blind, but how much is admission, or is it free?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:Pardon me for possibly being blind, but how much is admission, or is it free?
Seems like it's on the picture linked 2 posts above yours. The line under "Copley Square BOSTON"
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Ah ha. I see. Didn't stand out being in the center like that. I usually see prices listed around the top and sometimes bottom of a flyer. Good to know. As much as I want to go, might be too short notice for me. Wish I saw this earlier.
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

I'm going to the festival, I can't wait!! I won't be cosplaying, although I AM thinking of maybe wearing one of my kimono. :)
ashanyao
Veteran Poster

Post by ashanyao »

Kusuguru Usagi wrote:I'm going to the festival, I can't wait!! I won't be cosplaying, although I AM thinking of maybe wearing one of my kimono. :)
you should! i can't wait to see everyone. i'll be wearing a huge red bow in the back of my head sailor senshi/student style.. so if you see me say hi. :]

commuting in through the boat and taking the blue line to the green line though since the red line seems all messed up today. :\
✧・゚:* AB 2024 *:・゚✧
Friday AM ⋆ Sailor Mars
Friday PM ⋆ Princess / Prom Flayn
Saturday ⋆ Timeskip Lysithea (masquerade) - FE3H
Sunday ⋆ Abigail - Stardew Valley

✧・゚:* SOCIALS *:・゚✧
https://www.instagram.com/ashanyao/
https://www.facebook.com/ashanyaocosplay/
https://twitter.com/ashanyao
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

I ended up not wearing 1 of my kimono, although I DID wear a shirt that I have that has the Japanese symbol for "love" on it (ai). :)

I was happy I got to pre-reg for AB 2013, and hop-is-my-hero, I am VERY pleased with my Pikachu ears I bought from you. ^_^

One thing my friend and I were amazed at while we were at the festival was that they ran out of tickets to purchase food. We heard the announcement at 1PM (we got to the festival a bit after 12:30PM). When my friend got hungry, we just ran over to Wendy's.

There were ALOT of people there, and while it was tricky walking through the crowds at times, we both had a fun time. ^_^
hop-is-my-hero
Veteran Poster

Post by hop-is-my-hero »

Kusuguru Usagi wrote:I ended up not wearing 1 of my kimono, although I DID wear a shirt that I have that has the Japanese symbol for "love" on it (ai). :)

I was happy I got to pre-reg for AB 2013, and hop-is-my-hero, I am VERY pleased with my Pikachu ears I bought from you. ^_^

One thing my friend and I were amazed at while we were at the festival was that they ran out of tickets to purchase food. We heard the announcement at 1PM (we got to the festival a bit after 12:30PM). When my friend got hungry, we just ran over to Wendy's.

There were ALOT of people there, and while it was tricky walking through the crowds at times, we both had a fun time. ^_^

Glad you liked them! I ended up having to sew more while I was there; I ran out! (I had some mostly done under the table)

Didn't get to leave my table the whole time! (I really wanted food)... But saw some awesome stuff. The organizers were blown away by the amount of people there as well. I think there was some talk about having the event again next year in a bigger park so we'll see. It was a lot of fun though.
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Yes, I really love the ears!! ^_^ When my Mom first saw me wearing them when I got back home, she was like, "Oh God!!" LOL!!XD

Yes, I remember them announcing there's going to be another Haru Matsuri, and they weren't sure if it would be at Copley Square again, but, time will tell...^_^

One other thing I had fun doing was the hands-on of tsutsumi. :D :D
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

I apologize for double-posting (I'm not sure if that's allowed on these forums or not), but on Boston.com, there is a gallery of photos from Haru Matsuri:

http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/family ... _festival/
hop-is-my-hero
Veteran Poster

Post by hop-is-my-hero »

I wondered where that pic was going to pop up. Thanks for posting the link. I got to actually see more of the festival haha.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Sadly, I missed it, but it was too soon. I learned of this too late. I appreciate the pictures though. It looks awesome!.... I definitely have to make plans to check it out next year.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

If they do hold this next year, they need to move it somplace bigger! I had no idea there was such a sizable Japanese community in Boston, and Copley Square was simply too cramped.

Had a great time, though! :)
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)