Earliest Marriott check-in time you had on Thursday?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Earliest Marriott check-in time you had on Thursday?

Post by Sayoria »

I know some hotels do early check-in, but my group is going to the Marriott like we do every year. This year, we will be meeting up with a friend at 12:30 Thursday coming in from Maryland.

I am just curious how early of a check in people have managed to get with their hotels. I don't expect to get in at like 1PM or anything, and I know recommended check-in is 4PM, but has anyone gotten into a room at 3PM? What about 2PM? I just want to know if anyone has actually achieved getting in one really early. We DO plan to check, since we WILL be at the hotel super early this year, but we just want to know is it possible for a very early check-in, and how early would one expect at the earliest?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Faceman
AB Executive

Re: Earliest Marriott check-in time you had on Thursday?

Post by Faceman »

If you need an early check-in at the Marriott, the best thing I can recommend is to call the hotel and ask about it. Explain your situation to them and see if it's possible. It ultimately lies with them.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

I can't remember but if you asked for early check-in, then you should be fine by 1 I well imagine. Granted, they never can guarantee anything but if they have the room available, they should let you check in. Best thing to do would be to call them like either a few days before or when you get there to see if they have a room available to check into yet.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Yeah, we are definitely going to check with them, I was just interested in knowing just if anyone who has been with the marriott that asked for early check-in, if they have actually managed to check in super early, not just like 30 minutes. I mean a few hours....2-3 and such. We will be fine anyways, just good to know if the possibility is even there, you know? :s.... Anywho, thank you. :)

Also, yeah, we have early check-in checked off, and we know it isn't guaranteed, but I know they kick people out of their rooms at noon, so I was wondering if people got in as early as 1PM or 2PM, because I am sure by those times, some rooms are made and set.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

I am sure by either 1 or 2 there would be rooms available yea.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

That's what I am/was hoping to hear. I am not going expecting a room not be open. Just to know others had it happen before, so it's possible I could. :s....

Well, we will see once the day comes I suppose.
ErinErin
Expert Poster

Post by ErinErin »

My experience is that it never hurts to ask. Check with registration when you get there, if your room isn't available yet, leave your luggage with the bellhop and go explore the city. That's what I'm planning to do when I arrive Thursday morning.

The only time I haven't been able to check into a hotel early is when I booked my room as part of a convention block, but that of course varies by hotel.
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

I travel ALOT. So this is my experience historically

I have checked in as early as 6am but i've also been held off till past noon. It all comes down to how many rooms the hotel has and what their occupancy was the night before. It never hurts to ask! Just go in as early as you want and try to check in, if "your" room is not available yet they will let you check in to the room (thus guaranteeing its yours!) and then call you once it is available (generally they are not available because they have not been cleaned.) If the hotel _knows_ you are waiting they will generally put a rush on the cleaning to get you into it ASAP.

But it never hurts to ask.
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Oh? Fantastic. Thank you. That is what I was hoping to hear. Well, was going to check regardless, since we are going in earlier this year, but if you managed to get in at 6AM once, then that gives more some hope (though of course, not believing I WILL get the room that early)

Much obliged.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

I've found having standing with the hotel in their rewards program, having a reservation on the books for a long time (6 months or more is great), and presenting yourself as someone just on travel, not affiliated with the convention all help in getting requests met. I've managed 2 hours early, and even a free room upgrade at one point this way.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

You don't say. I'll keep that in mind. I had mine booked since June or July, and I am and have been in the rewards program for a couple of years now. Will see what happens then.
Syagria
Obsessed Poster

Post by Syagria »

Also, if it's a matter of putting your luggage somewhere while you go out for food and such, usually hotels have secure rooms where they can store luggage for early arrivers. Just remember to tip them for the help :)
Anime Boston Cosplays:
14: Death
13: Wonder Woman, Kitsune
12: Kyoshi Warrior Suki, Wonder Woman
11: Kyoshi Warrior Suki, Princess Eries Aston
10: Princess Eries Aston, Zatanna
09: Hermes (1st Place Intermediate), Lotis Master Alice Seno
08: Haruhara Haruko, Sumomo, Lotis Master Alice Seno
07: Haruhara Haruko, R. Dorothy Wayneright