Fitchburg, MA station to AB

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
mistyhayes88
Expert Poster

Fitchburg, MA station to AB

Post by mistyhayes88 »

I'm lost on how to read the train schedule. it says there's an 'inbound' train 'fitchburg to North Station' at 6:47am Friday morning.
It describes the same thing when I go to 'outbound' only it's at a different time.

Is 'Inbound' heading to AB? or 'Outbound'?
Fetch
Show-off

Re: Fitchburg, MA station to AB

Post by Fetch »

Fitchburg is a Commuter Rail station.
Inbound means IN to Boston. Outbound means you are going OUT of Boston.

It's on the Red, Green, Orange, and Blue that it gets tricky. For those, Inbound and Outbound mean going to-from Park Street/Downtown Crossing/State/Government Center.

For you, Fitchburg to AB: Take the train from Fitchburg to North Station, then take the Green line to Hynes. Then just a short walk.
Or, from North Station, you could take the Orange line to Back Bay and use the pedestrian Underpass-Mall-overpass-Mall indoor route over to the convention center (in case the weather isn't so good that day)
mistyhayes88
Expert Poster

Post by mistyhayes88 »

Thank you!

:P Very helpful!
master chief
Veteran Poster

Post by master chief »

hey i have taken the train from fitchburg to AB before and u take the train to north station and then go outside and take the greenline subway to the hynes stop then up to mass ave then when u get to the street take a left and then the next left and its further down the road on the opposite side.