So, what's the weather like?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Jurie-chan
I'm new!

So, what's the weather like?

Post by Jurie-chan »

Hi everyone! :mrgreen:

This is my first AnimeBoston and I would like to know what to expect -weather-ly speaking. At the beginning of April, should I expect: snow? melting snow? -10 degree? 10 degree? :?:

I'm asking this mainly because of cosplay reasons...like weither I must bring a coat or something...
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: So, what's the weather like?

Post by MomoMiraculous »

April, especially early April is pretty unpredictable but it's safe to say that a jacket and umbrella should be on your packing list somewhere. Early April is usually chilly in the early mornings and sometimes all day especially if it rains but I am NEVER cold inside the Hynes itself.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Secret Duckie
Veteran Poster

Post by Secret Duckie »

Yeah April in New England can really be anything, my birthday is the 4th, and I've had snow storms as birthday presents a few times!

Last year I left on Thursday morning for the con, and it was so beautiful I thought there's no way I needed a jacket! I live in Maine so it would likely be a little warmer down in Boston. So, I went without a jacket at all and promptly upon arrival found that I needed to go buy one! Something VERY important to remember about Boston is that it stole the title of 'windiest city' from Chicago. The tall buildings create a tunnel effect which makes for harsh winds that can make beautiful warm days super chilly.

That being said, the Hynes has a pretty good temperature (and a whoooole lotta people too) so wear layers so they can easily be removed.

Not going to lie, kind of hoping it's chilly because I'll be rocking Kigurumi all weekend and fleece can get mighty toasty!
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I remember one Saturday, it was rainy. Every other weekend has been pretty fantastic though. The feel of waking up at the hotel in the morning, and walking outside to Dunkin' Donuts for a nice breeze instead of going to the one in the mall...... I love it. It really wakes you up, and gets you feeling excited. The daytime, it is usually a LITTLE bit cold, not too cold, just a bit, the leftovers from winter and all that. Morning and into night, a bit colder.

But the real answer is though, that there is none. Unless you live in the Massachusetts area, it's hard to say. People from Florida will easily be freezing. People from Canada might feel it a bit warmer, and us in Massachusetts will feel right at home. It all depends really what kinda weather the con-comer is adjusted to where they live.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Chrissii
Determined Poster

Post by Chrissii »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:The feel of waking up at the hotel in the morning, and walking outside to Dunkin' Donuts for a nice breeze instead of going to the one in the mall...... I love it. It really wakes you up, and gets you feeling excited.
Ah, I have a very similar tradition! I get a caramel frappuccino from the Sheraton's Starbucks, and go sit outside with it in my cosplay and just take in the air. I swear it's a completely tangible different sort of air in the area when it's convention time... ^^

As to the OP, I would definitely bring a warm hoodie (or jacket, if you prefer,) something that's easy to take on and off, because you will fluctuate if you go outside between being way too cold and way too warm inside!
Proudly attending Anime Boston since 2005!

2007: Haruhi Suzumiya (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2008 & 2009: Dawn (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)
2010: Byakuya Kuchiki hoodie (Bleach)
2011: Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
2012: Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler)
2013: Vice Captain Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Chrissii wrote:
Yukito Kunisaki wrote:The feel of waking up at the hotel in the morning, and walking outside to Dunkin' Donuts for a nice breeze instead of going to the one in the mall...... I love it. It really wakes you up, and gets you feeling excited.
Ah, I have a very similar tradition! I get a caramel frappuccino from the Sheraton's Starbucks, and go sit outside with it in my cosplay and just take in the air. I swear it's a completely tangible different sort of air in the area when it's convention time... ^^

As to the OP, I would definitely bring a warm hoodie (or jacket, if you prefer,) something that's easy to take on and off, because you will fluctuate if you go outside between being way too cold and way too warm inside!
Yep. Saturday morning.... cross the street to shaws, get a hot chocolate at like 6:30 in the morning, watching all of Boston wake up..... I won't lie, that morning is my favorite of the whole year. I go to the Marriott though, we never hit the Starbucks in the Marriott or even go the way of the Sheraton really sadly. But demz tradition. :p.... Just like Thursday night, we walk outside to Unos at like 6-7PM, nice breeze, night life, blood rushing through for the next three days. Jeez, getting pumped for it already just talking about this. D:
Vu
AB Staff

Post by Vu »

Boston weather is quite unpredictable, unfortunately. It could be beautiful and sunny or frigid and dark. A week or so before you leave, you can check The Weather Channel for the weather in the area (Back Bay, MA), so you can make adjustments to your suitcase, accordingly. I'd suggest bringing a few pieces of longer wear, just in case it does get cold.

In addition, the Hynes Convention Center is quite cool. The halls are very open and high ceilings. The ventilation system is always on, so some people do get the chills. But, if you're constantly moving from place to place, you won't feel the effects of it.
Vu Tran
North American Guest Liaison
Anime Boston 2022

Viva la manatee!

"Gonna have to go find my eyeballs, I rolled them too hard"
- Rebecca Lee, 2019
yongsoo
Getting the hang of this...

Post by yongsoo »

this spring's weather has been crazy. It got up to the high 70s today... o_O
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Well, you just hit upon my subject. As many have said, the weather is unpredictable in the spring and early April is no exception. You can expect anything from snow to rain to wind to sun. Temperature could be anywhere between 25F -70F with wind anywhere from 0mph to 50mph. Asking how the weather is at this time is really difficult due to the unpredictable nature of Boston weather so the best advice is to just be prepared. By the look of our current weather, we may be expecting warmer temps than usual in early April but that may bring severe weather as well.

My personal advice is to bring a jacket, umbrella, and a bag. If you are from the south, say south of Maryland, I would suggest a sweater as well.

I would also suggest looking at the weather before arriving. Now for my tip, I would not suggest accuweather or the weather channel. It is true that they are good but IMO, I have found local media to be much better. When it comes to the tv stations, I always tune into WCVB (Channel 5, www.thebostonchannel.com) or WHDH (Channel 7, www.whdh.com) for the weather. If you have an Android Device or a iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, I would definitely suggest the NECN weather app as that is the best app I have seen from a local Boston network.

One last suggestion is to check the weather constantly, I will say a week prior to arrival, 3 days prior to arrival, and a day prior to arrival (if possible). As we have stated, the weather is unpredictable and forecast may and in the past have changed overtime. This way, you can make a pretty good judgment call on what you may need and not need.
AK33

Post by AK33 »

As long as it doesn't snow I'm fine with any weather!!!!
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

alaska dude wrote:As long as it doesn't snow I'm fine with any weather!!!!
Says the "alaska dude"
JeffersonLeeEng
AB Staff

Post by JeffersonLeeEng »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:
Says the "alaska dude"
Hey, there are parts of Alaska which gets pretty decent balmy weather that's not quite your typical northern climate weather. I mean, there probably was a good reason why whoever was politically in charge in the 50s chose Juneau as the state capital...or why Anchorage is a pretty popular town along the "southern" coastline. :-)
Jefferson Eng
Anime Boston — 2010
: Attendee | 2011: Registration Staff | 2013: Tech Ops: Desk Staff | 2012/14/15/18: Tech Ops: Jr Tech Staff | 2017: Tech Ops: Large Events Staff | 2022-Present: Tech Ops: General Tech Staff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Otaku Generation Podcast
Eva Monkey, an Evangelion Fansite
The Overnightscape Underground
Felixman

Post by Felixman »

I'm from Rhode Island, so not only is Boston a short trip, there's not much climate change for me. Aside from unwanted rain, I don't think I've ever been to an AB where the weather was cold enough to bother me.

Of course, I'm built more like a walrus than a man, so unless you have 'insulation' yourself, you should listen to the nice people and plan to protect yourself. Going home healthy and comfortable is also part of a positive con experience!
Nicole
AB Alumni

Post by Nicole »

The weather in Boston lately has been absolutely beautiful, but as any New Englander knows, wait five minutes and it will change.

I would suggest bringing clothes you can layer, rather than pack a bulky winter coat. If it's cool in the morning, you can have a sweater and a light jacket on, but as it warms up over the course of the day, it's not an issue to carry around your jacket at the convention, or to stuff it into your bag.

And always bring an umbrella!
Nicole Peterson
Publications Manager/Graphic Designer
Anime Boston 2010-2016
AK33

Post by AK33 »

JeffersonLeeEng wrote:
Yukito Kunisaki wrote:
Says the "alaska dude"
Hey, there are parts of Alaska which gets pretty decent balmy weather that's not quite your typical northern climate weather. I mean, there probably was a good reason why whoever was politically in charge in the 50s chose Juneau as the state capital...or why Anchorage is a pretty popular town along the "southern" coastline. :-)

Just saying, I live on an island and it has been getting good in terms of sunlight and clear sky. But we still got all this pile of snow everywhere and for the past couple of weeks it snows every now and then. Just looking for a different pace in weather is all and hoping it doesn't snow when I leave on april 4 for boston.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

If it is ok with you guys, I will like to give my best guess for AB 2012 weekend. I actually want to see how close I can get to the actual weather for that weekend. I am going to guess that temperatures will be between 50F - 70F with highs being between 50F - 70F and low's in the 50s. I am basing these on the last couple of weeks. Due to that, I don't think there will be any snow in sight.

As for what type of weather, I am going to say that as of now, it is impossible. Because of that, I will give what may be a possiblity. It may be anywhere from sunny to severe t-storms with a possibility of hail. Sorry I can't give a definative answer but that's how weather is.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

alaska dude wrote:
JeffersonLeeEng wrote:
Yukito Kunisaki wrote:
Says the "alaska dude"

Just saying, I live on an island and it has been getting good in terms of sunlight and clear sky. But we still got all this pile of snow everywhere and for the past couple of weeks it snows every now and then. Just looking for a different pace in weather is all and hoping it doesn't snow when I leave on april 4 for boston.

Lol, just poking at you there. :p..... Boston is typically, as said many times before in the thread, very nice. The early morning spring breeze is a feeling one will remember for the rest of their lives coming into Boston. Just hoping no rain or snow though. If not, it should be great. :)
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Nicole wrote:The weather in Boston lately has been absolutely beautiful, but as any New Englander knows, wait five minutes and it will change.

I would suggest bringing clothes you can layer, rather than pack a bulky winter coat. If it's cool in the morning, you can have a sweater and a light jacket on, but as it warms up over the course of the day, it's not an issue to carry around your jacket at the convention, or to stuff it into your bag.

Hmm, let's see. It was 70's and 80's with lows in the 50s last week. One week later and it's in the 40's/50's with a slight chance of snow showers, with our lows in the 20s and 30s. Yup, waited and it changed.
Past Conventions:

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries

tenton

Post by tenton »

Elli21486 wrote:
Nicole wrote:The weather in Boston lately has been absolutely beautiful, but as any New Englander knows, wait five minutes and it will change.

Hmm, let's see. It was 70's and 80's with lows in the 50s last week. One week later and it's in the 40's/50's with a slight chance of snow showers, with our lows in the 20s and 30s. Yup, waited and it changed.
Okay, can it go back to 70s and 80s with 50s as the low for the next week? That would be the kind of weather I'm used to having. :P

I don't think this warm weather guy is equipped for snow. Plus that kind of gear takes up more room in the suitcase. :cry:
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

For those who are unaware yet, NECN's app has given out their prediction for Thursday April 5 and Friday April 6. Chances are these will change (more like 99% chance it will change) in the next few days but right now, it looks good. Thursday has highs in the low 50's and lows in the low 40's with clouds. Friday has highs in the high 50's and lows in the low 40's.

The next to look for is WBZTV (Ch. 4, wbztv.com), WHDH (Ch. 7, whdh.com), and FOX25 (Ch. 25, myfoxboston.com) which all have 7 day forecast (will be given this Saturday). Interesting enough, WHDH is the only station reporting that temps will go into the 70s next Tuesday. Although normally, WHDH does exaggerate on their forecast, to me, this is a good indicator that temps may be warmer than what is currently predicted.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

marcus81884
Veteran Poster

Post by marcus81884 »

well i just looked on weather.com and it say rain thurday rain friday
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

marcus81884 wrote:well i just looked on weather.com and it say rain thurday rain friday
Chances are, in 24 hours, that will change completely. Afterall, NECN changed their weather prediction from rain to clouds for Thursday less than a day ago. As I said earlier, I don't go to weather.com or accuweather.com as for me, those are usually wrong, especially if they are over 3 days in the future. I also stated that the forecast will change as it get's closer to the day. For those who are worried about packing, this week is crucial in watching the forecast and you will need look at it constantly. I am just reporting it here as someone who is well aware of Boston's weather as a hobbyist.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Well, it looks like I am doing it again. I am checking the weather for AB2012 and well, if it helps some people, great. With most channels giving the 7 day forecast (which includes days up to Friday), we have a better understanding of Boston's weather. I will post all the reports available (NECN App, weather.com, accuweather.com, WHDH.com, wbztv.com, and myfoxboston.com) and analyze them.

(as of 12pm Saturday March 31, 2012)
NECN App
Thursday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Mostly Sunny
Friday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Sun and Clouds
Saturday - Hi:50's; Low:40's; Mostly Sunny
Sunday - Hi:60's; Low:40's; Sunny

Weather.com
Thursday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Sunny
Friday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Partly Sunny
Saturday - Hi:50's; Low:40's; Sunny
Sunday - Hi:60's; Low:40's; Sunny

Accuweather.com
Thrusday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Sunny
Friday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Mostly Sunny
Saturday - Hi:40's; Low:40's; Mostly Sunny
Sunday - Hi:60's; Low:50's; Mostly Sunny

WHDH (Ch.7; www.whdh.com)
Thursday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Sunny
Friday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Sunny

WBZTV (Ch. 4, www.wbztv.com)
Thursday - Hi:40's; Sunny
Friday - Hi:50's; Sunny

FOX25 (Ch. 25, www.myfoxboston.com)
Thursday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Partly Sunny
Friday - Hi:50's; Low:30's; Mostly Sunny

All in all, it looks like it is going to be gorgeous this year. I'll be checking again on Monday as that is when WCVB (Ch. 5) will finally post their data. However, I will like to make it completely clear that these data, although there seems to be unison now, can still change drastically. An example is that just a few days ago, Monday was predicted to be in the 60's (possibly low 70's) and now, some are predicting a snow/rain mix in the 40's.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Sounds like a good weekend to me. :D
LadyMana
AB Staff

Post by LadyMana »

Right now according to weather.com it looks like it's going to be fairly decent but the weather still has plenty of time to change it's mind. I'd recommend looking at Boston weather just about everyday this week in order to get a good idea what it's going to be like. Sometimes even if it changes a lot between now and then on the websites, the way it changes can give you more of an idea then maybe the weather man himself.

Lux Douglas
Photosets & Cosplay Gatherings Asst. Coordinator 2024
Cosplay Singer Coordinator 2023
Idol Showcase Staff 2021, 2022
Maid Café Staff 2019, 2020

Twitch Twitter Instagram TikTok Tumblr
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Mia Vi Daichi wrote:Right now according to weather.com it looks like it's going to be fairly decent but the weather still has plenty of time to change it's mind. I'd recommend looking at Boston weather just about everyday this week in order to get a good idea what it's going to be like. Sometimes even if it changes a lot between now and then on the websites, the way it changes can give you more of an idea then maybe the weather man himself.
I agree with you 100% on that statement. I also advised people to check the weather constantly, although not everyday. I think I'll be posting from time to time like my previous post, as I am a weather hobbyist who knows Boston's weather quite well.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

LadyMana
AB Staff

Post by LadyMana »

Haha~ Well thanks. I probably won't check everyday, though I'm going to try to. Just to get an idea. I've never been all that too into weather but I understand it enough to know what it's going to be like. I don't need any fancy machine's like the weather men.

Lux Douglas

Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Mia Vi Daichi wrote:Haha~ Well thanks. I probably won't check everyday, though I'm going to try to. Just to get an idea. I've never been all that too into weather but I understand it enough to know what it's going to be like. I don't need any fancy machine's like the weather men.
Even though you say you wont be checking everyday, chances are you'll be coming back here to check as well, lol
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

LadyMana
AB Staff

Post by LadyMana »

I'm actually not as forum managed as I used to be. I'd like to say that I would, but I'm probably going to forget a lot of the things I should be checking up on. There's so much I'm trying to do at once to get ready for the con x.x Even if I'm trying to find every excuse possible to post so I can move up in post rank.

Lux Douglas

Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Mia Vi Daichi wrote:I'm actually not as forum managed as I used to be. I'd like to say that I would, but I'm probably going to forget a lot of the things I should be checking up on. There's so much I'm trying to do at once to get ready for the con x.x Even if I'm trying to find every excuse possible to post so I can move up in post rank.
I believe everyone at this point is getting ready for the con so your not alone on that subject.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Ah, it's Monday and the countdown begins. Everyone is preparing for a busy weekend so maybe, I'll alleviate some of the pressure of worrying with this weekends forecast. First, a little background. It looks like we may have just missed 2 chances of rain, one being around Wednesday/Thursday before the convention and the other on Tuesday after the convention. Knowing this area quite well, they may change (I say probably a 25% chance of rain changing for Wednesday/Thursday to another day and 50% chance of their being no rain on Wednesday/Thursday). Also, it looks like it may be warmer as well as one is forecasting that we may be near 70 on Sunday.

Anyway, let's get down to business. These are the current forecast for Boston during Anime Boston 2012:

(as of 12pm Monday April 2, 2012)
NECN App
Thursday - Hi:53; Low:31; Partly Cloudy
Friday - Hi:57; Low:35; Sunny
Saturday - Hi:57; Low:39; Sunny
Sunday - Hi:66; Low:45; Sunny with a few clouds

Weather.com
Thursday - Hi:53; Low:31; Partly Cloudy
Friday - Hi:57; Low:35; Sunny
Saturday - Hi:57; Low:39; Sunny
Sunday - Hi:66; Low:45; Mostly Sunny

Accuweather.com
Thrusday - Hi:54; Low:37; Sunny
Friday - Hi:55; Low:37; Mostly Sunny / Breezy
Saturday - Hi:56; Low:41; Sunny
Sunday - Hi:61; Low:43; Mostly Sunny

Thursday - Hi:52; Low:33; Partly Cloudy
Friday - Hi:54; Low:34; Partly Cloudy
Saturday - Hi:60; Low:33; Sunny
Sunday - Hi:65; Low:40; Sunny

Thursday - Hi:51; Low:33; Mostly Sunny / Breezy
Friday - Hi:54; Low:29; Sunny / Breezy
Saturday - Hi:62; Low:32; Sunny
Sunday - Hi:68; Low:38; Sunny

Thursday - Hi:55; Low:36; Partly Cloudy
Friday - Hi:57; Low:35; Mostly Sunny
Saturday - Hi:59; Low:37; Mostly Sunny
Sunday - Hi:62; Low:39; Sunny

WCVB (Ch. 5, www.thebostonchannel.com)
Thursday - Hi:54; Low:38; Sunny
Friday - Hi:58; Low:36; Sunny
Saturday - Hi:60; Low:40; Sunny

I am not going to lie, this is looking to be the ideal Boston spring weekend that we have going (as in the ideal late-April/early May spring.) I will be doing one more of these post on Wednesday as weather can still change around here but all in all, this is looking really good for con-goers.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

Looking like a pretty good chance of a rain free Thursday to Sunday. That's always a plus. Definitely a "have a light jacket or sweatshirt on hand" level of windy though - which also helps combat the dreaded AC in the Hynes that can make it colder than outside, especially when the population drops off in the late hours.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Looking like a pretty good chance of a rain free Thursday to Sunday. That's always a plus. Definitely a "have a light jacket or sweatshirt on hand" level of windy though - which also helps combat the dreaded AC in the Hynes that can make it colder than outside, especially when the population drops off in the late hours.
That's actually good to know. I have not been at AB during the evening/night so I didn't know that it could get cold inside as well.

Also on a side note, smoker looks like they may need to be careful this year. Boston is currently under a Fire Warning due to the drought and windy weather we are having, meaning that a small spark can ignite a huge wind-driven flame. As very little rain is expected prior and during the convention, I think it is best interest to be careful. We don't want to see any headlines saying "Smoking 'Cat' Cause Blaze in Back Bay," or "Sparks From Robot Ignites Con-goers."
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Remember when we all said that Boston's weather is unpredictable. Well, we weren't kidding. Overall, it now looks like the best day to go is on Saturday and there is a small chance of a small rain shower in the evening on Sunday. As I said, this will be the last one of these.

(as of 1pm Wednesday April 4, 2012)

Weather.com / NECN Weather App
Thursday - Hi:55; Low:32; Mostly Sunny / Breezy
Friday - Hi:57; Low:36; Sunny
Saturday - Hi:52; Low:38; Partly Cloudy
Sunday - Hi:49; Low:37; Partly Cloudy

Accuweather.com
Thursday - Hi:52; Low:44; Partly Sunny / Breezy
Friday - Hi:50; Low:42; Mostly Sunny
Saturday - Hi:53; Low:42; Sunny / Breezy
Sunday - Hi:56; Low:44; Sun to Clouds / Breezy

Thursday - Hi:51; Low:35; Partly Cloudy
Friday - Hi:54; Low:32; Partly Cloudy
Saturday - Hi:53; Low:30; Sunny / Breezy
Sunday - Hi:56; Low:35; Sunny to Cloud / Breezy

Thursday - Hi:54; Low:32; Mostly Sunny / Breezy
Friday - Hi:55; Low:28; Sunny / Breezy
Saturday - Hi:60; Low:28; Sunny
Sunday - Hi:65; Low:38; Sunny

Thursday - Hi:53; Low:38; Partly Cloudy
Friday - Hi:55; Low:32; Partly Cloudy
Saturday - Hi:60; Low:34; Mostly Sunny
Sunday - Hi:59; Low:37; Mostly Sunny

WCVB (Ch. 5, www.thebostonchannel.com)

Thursday - Hi:54; Low:32; Mostly Sunny
Friday - Hi:54; Low:32; Mostly Sunny
Saturday - Hi:58; Low:38; Sun and Clouds
Sunday - Hi:58; Low:38; Sun and Clouds / Chance of Showers

There are a few things to look at, however. The news outlets are reporting a storm off the coast on Monday that will bring some sort of rain to Boston on Monday. However, they are unsure of how close it will be to the coast which is why some are predicting having rain on Sunday evening and others are reporting that the storm will completely miss the region.

One last thing to look at is what I posted yesterday. Yes, Boston is again under a Fire Weather Warning. Having little to no precipitation this year has been beautiful for us but has caused this drought. Because there is no forecast for rain until Monday, I am predicting that every single day will have a Fire Weather Warning. I did give a warning to smokers but I should have clarified a little. What I meant to say was make sure the flame is completely out when your done smoking.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

tenton

Post by tenton »

Thanks for the continuing weather updates, Elli21486. I'm hopping on a plane tomorrow, but what has me more worried is that I hop on a plane back on Monday. I hope that the storm doesn't delay my flight back. :D
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

tenton wrote:Thanks for the continuing weather updates, Elli21486. I'm hopping on a plane tomorrow, but what has me more worried is that I hop on a plane back on Monday. I hope that the storm doesn't delay my flight back. :D
No problem. After all, if it help someone, all the better. About the storm on Monday, chances are, there will be very little impact to the airlines.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

ashanyao
Veteran Poster

Post by ashanyao »

i'm hoping it will be warm.. i'd like to not have to bring a jacket but i might bring a very light one i can stuff into my backpack if i need the extra layer!
✧・゚:* AB 2024 *:・゚✧
Friday AM ⋆ Sailor Mars
Friday PM ⋆ Princess / Prom Flayn
Saturday ⋆ Timeskip Lysithea (masquerade) - FE3H
Sunday ⋆ Abigail - Stardew Valley

✧・゚:* SOCIALS *:・゚✧
https://www.instagram.com/ashanyao/
https://www.facebook.com/ashanyaocosplay/
https://twitter.com/ashanyao
tenton

Post by tenton »

ashanyao wrote:i'm hoping it will be warm.. i'd like to not have to bring a jacket but i might bring a very light one i can stuff into my backpack if i need the extra layer!
It's going to be cold for me, coming from 75-80F weather. Looking at the weather reports, the nights are going to be too cold for me to brave without at least a light jacket. I suppose this is a good selling point for being in a connected hotel. :lol:
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

The National Weather Service forecast for the Hynes' ZIP Code:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... n=-71.0603
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Elli21486 wrote:If it is ok with you guys, I will like to give my best guess for AB 2012 weekend. I actually want to see how close I can get to the actual weather for that weekend. I am going to guess that temperatures will be between 50F - 70F with highs being between 50F - 70F and low's in the 50s. I am basing these on the last couple of weeks. Due to that, I don't think there will be any snow in sight.
Let see how close I actually came with my predictions stated above.

Thursday April 5: Hi:52; Low:40
Friday April 6: Hi:53; Low: 47
Saturday April 7: Hi:52; Low:38
Sunday April 8: Hi:50; Low:41

So with that, I was within my predictions for the hi's since all were in the 50's. The low's, on the other hand, were off by around 10 degrees. Hey, predictions are never perfect but I'll try again next year. Speaking of next year, that time will be very interesting to look at, weather wise. Chances are I will be doing the same as I did next year.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

eidna
Determined Poster

Post by eidna »

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Looking like a pretty good chance of a rain free Thursday to Sunday. That's always a plus. Definitely a "have a light jacket or sweatshirt on hand" level of windy though - which also helps combat the dreaded AC in the Hynes that can make it colder than outside, especially when the population drops off in the late hours.
Whenever I'm cold I just go to the Prudential hallway just outside the Hynes entrance. It's always ridiculously hot in there through a combo of sun and tons of people, haha.
AB 2013: 7000 cosplay ideas I'll probably not finish
AB 2012: Normal person :O
AB 2011: Konata Izumi cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2010: Cop-out catgirl
AB 2009: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2008: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2007: Suigintou
AB 2006: Chii
AB 2004: Chii
GoodbyMyLover
I'm new!

Post by GoodbyMyLover »

God knows:D
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

With 2013 beginning, many are already planning on this year's AB convention. I will be planning on doing the same this year as I did last year, broadcasting the weather forecast from multiple sources but that is ionly if it is ok with you guys tho.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

With AB 2013 being Memorial Day weekend, the only thing to really worry about weather wise is heavy rain.

But anytime of year in Boston, be prepared for strong winds. We are on the shore of the Atlantic, after all. Wind is something we get a lot of.
Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sakura-chan »

Better hold onto your wigs and keys! Hahaha. I am personally hoping there will be a nice breeze. I love stepping outside of a stuffy convention center and into cool fresh air! I hope it won't be unseasonably hot or anything. I despise the heat.
'06: Sakura (Naruto)
'07: Sakura (Naruto)
'09: Hungary (Hetalia)
'13: Euphemia (Code Geass, for the Spirit Ball!), Rachel Alucard (Blazblue)
'16: Saber EXTRA (Fate/EXTRA), Rose Quartz (SU)
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

Sakura-chan wrote:Better hold onto your wigs and keys! Hahaha. I am personally hoping there will be a nice breeze. I love stepping outside of a stuffy convention center and into cool fresh air! I hope it won't be unseasonably hot or anything. I despise the heat.
If the weather for AB and ConnectiCon are the same, I'm dooooooooomed! x.x Unless you're right and there's a nice breeze, oh, I hope that happens for both cons!
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Well glad to see people on here. Seems the forums are slowly coming alive again
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

RapaxGuardian wrote:
Sakura-chan wrote:Better hold onto your wigs and keys! Hahaha. I am personally hoping there will be a nice breeze. I love stepping outside of a stuffy convention center and into cool fresh air! I hope it won't be unseasonably hot or anything. I despise the heat.
If the weather for AB and ConnectiCon are the same, I'm dooooooooomed! x.x Unless you're right and there's a nice breeze, oh, I hope that happens for both cons!
Hartford is inland, but Boston is on the coast, whose water moderates the temperature.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

DocWatson wrote:
RapaxGuardian wrote:
Hartford is inland, but Boston is on the coast, whose water moderates the temperature.
It's funny you bring the fact Boston is on the coast. It really depends on which direction the wind is coming from and the speed of the wind. If the wind is coming from the south, west, and north, it may result in a nice day, possibly on the warm side. However, if the wind is coming from the east, you can pretty much think it is a brisk day. I'll go into details when it gets closer to AB13.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Well, here's a little weather humor

Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries