Marriott Question...

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Marriott Question...

Post by Sayoria »

I been going there for the passed three or four years with my group.... and now, we have this issue..... My group is made of 5 people. The first year, it was 4 of us. Second year, 4 of us..... 3rd year, 4 of us.... and this passed year, we had an issue with a usual in our group, so to keep the money down for us all, our friend from Maryland came up and took the room.

This year, well, of course, no one has problems going, and we can't just turn one of them down. I was on the Marriott's website and I clicked the capacity tab, and it said 1-6 people in a room..... now..... the last few years I have went, the Marriott as far as I know, only allowed 4 people per room. Does anyone here happen to know for sure, that this is indeed true, that we are allowed up to 6 people in one room now?

Also, on top of this, IF that were to happen....... those roll out beds or whatever..... Anyone have any information on them for me? Are they ANY bit comfortable? Do they cost extra to use? Anything else you can tell me about it if so?

*I know, I can call them up, but it is 2AM here, and I just thought of it.... I figure, maybe if I check back here in the morning, or afternoon, someone here who has already dealt with this, or called them up might have some info. Thank you.*

** Also, posted this here, since I am NOT looking for a room, or have room space open, like the hotel subforum is for. **
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Marriott Question...

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:I been going there for the passed three or four years with my group.... and now, we have this issue..... My group is made of 5 people. The first year, it was 4 of us. Second year, 4 of us..... 3rd year, 4 of us.... and this passed year, we had an issue with a usual in our group, so to keep the money down for us all, our friend from Maryland came up and took the room.

This year, well, of course, no one has problems going, and we can't just turn one of them down. I was on the Marriott's website and I clicked the capacity tab, and it said 1-6 people in a room..... now..... the last few years I have went, the Marriott as far as I know, only allowed 4 people per room. Does anyone here happen to know for sure, that this is indeed true, that we are allowed up to 6 people in one room now?

Also, on top of this, IF that were to happen....... those roll out beds or whatever..... Anyone have any information on them for me? Are they ANY bit comfortable? Do they cost extra to use? Anything else you can tell me about it if so?

*I know, I can call them up, but it is 2AM here, and I just thought of it.... I figure, maybe if I check back here in the morning, or afternoon, someone here who has already dealt with this, or called them up might have some info. Thank you.*

** Also, posted this here, since I am NOT looking for a room, or have room space open, like the hotel subforum is for. **
The Marriott capacity is 5 people per room. You can reserve a room with up to 5 people in it. I did this two years ago and will be doing it again this year.

As for the rollaways, I can't comment about how comfortable they are since the extra person just slept on the floor but I do believe there is an extra charge for them. Most hotels charge extra for them but I'm not sure exactly how much.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
animeftw666
I'm new!

Post by animeftw666 »

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:
Yukito Kunisaki wrote:I been going there for the passed three or four years with my group.... and now, we have this issue..... My group is made of 5 people. The first year, it was 4 of us. Second year, 4 of us..... 3rd year, 4 of us.... and this passed year, we had an issue with a usual in our group, so to keep the money down for us all, our friend from Maryland came up and took the room.

The Marriott capacity is 5 people per room. You can reserve a room with up to 5 people in it. I did this two years ago and will be doing it again this year.

As for the rollaways, I can't comment about how comfortable they are since the extra person just slept on the floor but I do believe there is an extra charge for them. Most hotels charge extra for them but I'm not sure exactly how much.

not sure but what are rates?
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

animeftw666 wrote:
MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:

not sure but what are rates?
I assume you mean the rates per night? That depends on what type of room you want but here it's $240 a night for the standard rate. If you have AAA, they offer a cheaper rate for being a member. That rate is $224 right now apparently. Yikes lol but it IS Easter weekend...again. The rates may also change because mine was less when I booked so they MIGHT go down again but it's unlikely.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron