ramen noodle places

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
master chief
Veteran Poster

ramen noodle places

Post by master chief »

hi i was wondering what the name of some ramen noodle places there are around the con. i already know of wagamamma but i was wondering what other places there are.
Broken Shinigami
Determined Poster

Re: ramen noodle places

Post by Broken Shinigami »

Hi^^
I'd like to recommend Sapporo Ramen at the Porter Exchange Building in Cambridge.. (There are also other yummy food options in the building!)http://www.yelp.com/biz/sapporo-ramen-cambridge
Also: Pikaichi in Allston.. They also have curry &other items.. http://www.yelp.com/biz/pikaichi-boston

PLEASE Do yourself a favor &DON'T go to Mentei on Hereford Street in the Back Bay.. They have to have the WORST Ramen I have ever experienced.. I can't say anything about the other items on the Menu because I thought the Ramen was so bad I never went back.. but.. That's just me.. http://www.yelp.com/biz/mentei-boston
Countdown to Anime Boston 2016
2016 Cosplays:
- Castiel[SPN].
- Portgas D. Ace[OP].
- Ouroboros Kotetsu[T&B].
- Aino Minako; Junior High Uniform[SM].
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

Wagamama in the Prudential Food Court is excellent as well. Great Ramen, wings, chicken katsu curry, gyoza, and even that JPN ice cream dessert whose name I can't seem to remember right now.

I might try Sapporo eventually, but a lot of yelp reviews seem to be mixed.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Ugly Bob wrote:Wagamama in the Prudential Food Court is excellent as well. Great Ramen, wings, chicken katsu curry, gyoza, and even that JPN ice cream dessert whose name I can't seem to remember right now.
Mochi?
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:
Ugly Bob wrote:Wagamama in the Prudential Food Court is excellent as well. Great Ramen, wings, chicken katsu curry, gyoza, and even that JPN ice cream dessert whose name I can't seem to remember right now.
Mochi?
Yea, that's it. Thanks for the info.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

No problem ^.^

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Chrissii
Determined Poster

Post by Chrissii »

I've become disenchanted with Wagamama, to be honest. I used to love it there, especially their ramen, but some time ago they changed the broth/stock of their ramen to a darker, more bland/generic flavor, the noodles haven't been the right consistency the last times I've had it, and the service has seemed to be ever-declining. I mean, it's still our go-to when we're in the Prudential and want a real meal (not food-court food). Their menu has been expanding, and I feel like the higher variety has caused the general quality to decline. Their chicken/yasai katsu curry is still really good though, so if you're going to go to Wagamama I strongly suggest trying that!

Buuuuut I found my new go-to for ramen. I'd read about Sapporo Ramen alot (in the Porter Exchange at Porter Sq.) and read some iffy reviews, but the husband and I finally tried it yesterday and loved it! The miso stock was a little thicker than I'm used to for ramen stock, but as a result it was more filling - I couldn't finish it. My husband got a soy-stock dish and enjoyed it quite a bit. It felt like a much more authentic ramen than Wagamama ever offered, but you have to go kind of early in the evening - They boil their broth for 10 hours, so they do run out eventually. We were the second-to-last people to be able to get ramen there, and this was around 3:45pm on Friday. There's also a couple other Japanese places to eat in there that I'd like to try next time, they're small and kind of in a strip of shops. There's a bakery as well, the azuki bean pan was very good, next time I'll have to try a delicious looking azuki bean croissant thing... ^^; There's a bubble tea place and a small shop with tea sets and sanrio/san-x merchandise too. Didn't go in, but it looked like they had some nice things. Basically, I guess if you're looking for authentic ramen or Japanese food in general, you should definitely try to get over to Porter Exchange.
Proudly attending Anime Boston since 2005!

2007: Haruhi Suzumiya (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2008 & 2009: Dawn (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)
2010: Byakuya Kuchiki hoodie (Bleach)
2011: Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
2012: Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler)
2013: Vice Captain Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Chrissii wrote:I've become disenchanted with Wagamama, to be honest. I used to love it there, especially their ramen, but some time ago they changed the broth/stock of their ramen to a darker, more bland/generic flavor, the noodles haven't been the right consistency the last times I've had it, and the service has seemed to be ever-declining. I mean, it's still our go-to when we're in the Prudential and want a real meal (not food-court food). Their menu has been expanding, and I feel like the higher variety has caused the general quality to decline. Their chicken/yasai katsu curry is still really good though, so if you're going to go to Wagamama I strongly suggest trying that!

Buuuuut I found my new go-to for ramen. I'd read about Sapporo Ramen alot (in the Porter Exchange at Porter Sq.) and read some iffy reviews, but the husband and I finally tried it yesterday and loved it! The miso stock was a little thicker than I'm used to for ramen stock, but as a result it was more filling - I couldn't finish it. My husband got a soy-stock dish and enjoyed it quite a bit. It felt like a much more authentic ramen than Wagamama ever offered, but you have to go kind of early in the evening - They boil their broth for 10 hours, so they do run out eventually. We were the second-to-last people to be able to get ramen there, and this was around 3:45pm on Friday. There's also a couple other Japanese places to eat in there that I'd like to try next time, they're small and kind of in a strip of shops. There's a bakery as well, the azuki bean pan was very good, next time I'll have to try a delicious looking azuki bean croissant thing... ^^; There's a bubble tea place and a small shop with tea sets and sanrio/san-x merchandise too. Didn't go in, but it looked like they had some nice things. Basically, I guess if you're looking for authentic ramen or Japanese food in general, you should definitely try to get over to Porter Exchange.
Agree completely. This is where I always go when I go to Boston. I can't get REAL ramen around here where I live and days like today (where it's snowing ergh) make me really want some. My gf is a native of the Boston area and also half Japanese so she of course, showed me this place. Excellent food everywhere in that little place. I also recommend Tanpopo. Great food there as well.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Totalanimefan
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Totalanimefan »

Thank you for the info, I really want ramen now. And I can't wait to have some at AnimeBoston!
Cons:
Been to: Otakon 2010, Megacon 2011, Otakon 2011, Alcon 2011, MCM Expo 2011
Planning: London Anime Con 2012, SunnyCon 2012, SuperCon 2012, Anime Boston 2012, Otakon 2012, Alcon 2012.