Haru Japanese Restaurant

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Secret Duckie
Veteran Poster

Haru Japanese Restaurant

Post by Secret Duckie »

Hello, all!

So I was thinking that I'd really like to try the Haru Japanese restaurant that's attached to the Prudential for dinner one of the nights of the con. I never got the chance to go there while I was living in the city, and I really wanted to try it!

Has anyone tried it? How is it?

Also; has anyone ever had the dinner bento at the restaurant? I know the whole idea of a bento box lunch is to be boxed and take it with you, but it just looks like a perfect dinner! I would like to actually eat at the restaurant, though, since it looks beautiful and I don't really have any place to go! (Good ol' windy Boston, I'm sure it will be cold outside!)
autumnwolf
Veteran Poster

Haru Japanese Restaurant

Post by autumnwolf »

I have been to Haru in Boston and I highly recommend it. My friends and I went last year and we all enjoyed our meal very much. The service was good and the waitress was very pleasant. I did got some strange looks from some other, non-Anime Boston diners, since I was decked out in full cosplay from a skit at the Masquerade (Toshiro Hitsugaya from my friend's wedding proposal to his girlfriend) and the other 3 people I was with were either in street clothes or mostly out of costume by that point, but I was not to laugh myself at the whole situation :D and no one was rude or said anything. I'm actually a bit shy and was more amused than anything else. It was still a very good experience and I can't wait to go back there again this year! :thumbup:
*2018 Cosplays*
Victor Nikiforov, Professor Ozpin, K-San;
Past Cosplays: Erza Scarlet; Motoko Kusanagi;Urd;Rin Okumura;Matatabi;Nina(Chimera!);Olivier Mira Armstrong;Soshi Miketsukami;Toshiro Hitsugaya;Hatsuharu Sohma;Washuu;Balsa;Yugito Nii;Yoruichi Shihouin;Ion Fortuna;Nanao Ise
Nicole
AB Alumni

Haru Japanese Restaurant

Post by Nicole »

If you want to try some sushi that's just as good as Haru's but at a fraction of the cost, try Shino Express Sushi on Newbury Street. You head out of the Hynes onto Boylston Street, walk up towards Copley Square, take a left on Dartmouth Street then the next right onto Newbury. Shino will be on your right after the furniture store.

It's a little hole-in-the-wall place, but I highly recommend it, especially if you want to get away from the Hynes/Prudential Center area for a bit.
Nicole Peterson
Publications Manager/Graphic Designer
Anime Boston 2010-2016
Secret Duckie
Veteran Poster

Haru Japanese Restaurant

Post by Secret Duckie »

Hmm. Thank you for the recommendation! I was looking for probably something not sushi from Haru, but I do plan on having sushi sometime while I'm in Boston.

I'm the most familiar with the green line, since that's where I was living when I was going to school in Boston for a while, so I'll probably stick around there. But Newbury street! I looove the eclectic variety of that street.