Funny things that you overheard.

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
TheDaMn1DThi3f
Expert Poster

Post by TheDaMn1DThi3f »

When I was in the dealers room, and gang of Marvel cosplayers happened to see a Ryu. Sabertooth then called him out aking,

"Hey there Capcom! wheres the rest of your other buddys to protect you!?"

"Yeah! Who's here to protect you now!?"
said Deadpool

I thougth that was halarious!

Did anyone eles overhear some funny conversations between cosplayers?
2012 - Ceil Phantomhive
2011 - Ceil Phantomhive
2010 - Vault 101 Dweller
2009 - Prince Zuko
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

Didn't exactly overhear this one since it involved my brother, but he and another Tidus cosplayer were posing with a Jecht cosplayer. As people were taking picutres, my brother and Jecht kept saying how much they hated the other. I thought it was funny.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
coffeecake
Veteran Poster

Post by coffeecake »

This was actually from last year, but my friend and I were in the Dealer's room when I saw this girl run to a plushie stand and she said "Oh my god look at it it's sooo big!"

A prompt yet discreet "that's what she said" followed.
Anime Boston 2024:
Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
MegamiChan
AB Staff

Post by MegamiChan »

Overheard while walking through Artist Alley: "Whaddaya mean- 'find' Dan? He's a tiny Asian guy at an anime convention. . ."

Much chuckling ensued. :D
Jill Vescovi

AB 2006-2012: Attendee
AB 2013-2024- North American Guest Liaison
Caesar
Expert Poster

Post by Caesar »

As a matter of fact... I think it was Friday night I had gone to the bathroom to change out of my tunic, (I brought a change of clothes for the train) it was about midnight. Anyway a very convincing, (but tall) transvestite walked in and one of the guys next to me blurted out, "you are a guy!?!" in a mild tone he responded "yes" to which that guy replied "that's awesome" I started cracking up, (along with everyone else.) I was going to compliment the transvestite but I was in a bit of a hurry to make the last train (I barely made it.) Its not my thing but you have to admire that, it takes guts to wear a dress in the mens room.

There were other amusing anecdotes, I was randomly forced to cross the bridge of death, I answered thusly, Caesar, to seek the holy grail, and 3. Oh and pretty much everything that was said in the mock trial I wandered into.

There were other things but I can't remember them clearly enough, it was an insane weekend. I look forward to next year.
"Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings." Horace
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=Caesar]As a matter of fact... I think it was Friday night I had gone to the bathroom to change out of my tunic, (I brought a change of clothes for the train) it was about midnight. Anyway a very convincing, (but tall) transvestite walked in and one of the guys next to me blurted out, "you are a guy!?!" in a mild tone he responded "yes" to which that guy replied "that's awesome" I started cracking up, (along with everyone else.) I was going to compliment the transvestite but I was in a bit of a hurry to make the last train (I barely made it.) Its not my thing but you have to admire that, it takes guts to wear a dress in the mens room.

There were other amusing anecdotes, I was randomly forced to cross the bridge of death, I answered thusly, Caesar, to seek the holy grail, and 3. Oh and pretty much everything that was said in the mock trial I wandered into.

There were other things but I can't remember them clearly enough, it was an insane weekend. I look forward to next year. [/quote]

Are you sure he was a transvestite, and not just a crossplayer?

I will say, I have crossplayed a few times, and well.... thankfully we have a hotel room. I would feel mildly awkward crossplaying into a bathroom.... moreso that I am not one that tries to go for "man-soandso" status.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
masakijamie
Experienced Poster

Post by masakijamie »

I got a fail moment but it's really funny to me. XD

On Fri before Anime Boston opens at 8:30 AM, me, my friends, and the other people are waiting for Anime Boston to be open. There's a guy with a radio that is connected to his itouch playing a Pokemon theme song and turned up the volume. He lifted his radio up to have an epic moment but one of his friend bumped into him making him screw up his itouch which is changing the volume. XD

He was like "DAMMIT!"

So hilarious!!!!
AB '15-Rinoa Heartilly from FFVIII
TheDaMn1DThi3f
Expert Poster

Post by TheDaMn1DThi3f »

[quote=masakijamie]I got a fail moment but it's really funny to me. XD

On Fri before Anime Boston opens at 8:30 AM, me, my friends, and the other people are waiting for Anime Boston to be open. There's a guy with a radio that is connected to his itouch playing a Pokemon theme song and turned up the volume. He lifted his radio up to have an epic moment but one of his friend bumped into him making him screw up his itouch which is changing the volume. XD

He was like "DAMMIT!"

So hilarious!!!![/quote]

HA thats awsome! lol
2012 - Ceil Phantomhive
2011 - Ceil Phantomhive
2010 - Vault 101 Dweller
2009 - Prince Zuko
Caesar
Expert Poster

Post by Caesar »

Uh... I don't think so. Then again its possible but if it was I didn't recognize what it was from. The person gave the appearance of a well dressed woman who just happened to be a foot taller than me and everyone else in the restroom at the time.

Incidentally I wouldn't rent a hotel room because I live 20 minutes away, I learned my lesson about bringing a change of clothes, its nice to be able to switch to street clothes when you leave, its a pain to carry around your clothes in a backpack all day while you are at the con. Saturday I got a ride and went in costume.
"Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings." Horace