pokemon inception skit at masq

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
Suna Sato
Veteran Poster

Post by Suna Sato »

so im curious.... Did anyone get our skit or was it a giant mind f*** where trying to talk out our skit ideas for next year

(that was skit number 1 here a link if you dotn know)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wK0NCnOSb8

Just hoping for helpful tips for concept ideas this year. We also did the L4D thriller skit. I'd like to think we have interesting plots..
Of Course im Jenova again this year! Join me my children the year of the Jenovas Witness begins!!!!
meerkat
Expert Poster

Post by meerkat »

In my mind a skit with plot does not do near as much as one with talent and skill. Yeah, the gary oak bit was funny...but anyone could have done what you did.

*shrug*
tetsujin
Veteran Poster

Post by tetsujin »

Ugh. Throw a bunch of characters and series together, add some cheap jokes and clumsy pantomime... And you have the Masquerade. :)
meerkat
Expert Poster

Post by meerkat »

[quote=tetsujin]Ugh. Throw a bunch of characters and series together, add some cheap jokes and clumsy pantomime... And you have the Masquerade. :)[/quote]

Sometimes you have someone that can dance or otherwise do something cool. :)
LusciousGrapes
Expert Poster

Post by LusciousGrapes »

I personally thought it was funny. If anyone heard that loud burst of laughter when the skit was introduced, it was probably me.
formerly: xturbulancexx
AB12: Subaru Sumeragi [Tokyo Babylon], Roxy Lalonde [Homestuck (God Tier)]
AB13: Latula Pyrope (God Tier, casual), Aradia Megido (God Tier, casual), possible Altair, Dave Strider, Subaru Sumeragi
Suna Sato
Veteran Poster

Post by Suna Sato »

We didn't wanna do a dance cause someone bitched about to many dance skits last year... and as to the angry comments above im sorry you disliked my skit im glad others found it funny but i did make this thread to get advice on specific things you liked or disliked so i can IMPROVE thanks
Of Course im Jenova again this year! Join me my children the year of the Jenovas Witness begins!!!!
Suna Sato
Veteran Poster

Post by Suna Sato »

YAY! thanks for the laughter!!!
meerkat
Expert Poster

Post by meerkat »

And I gave them. Your skit was unfunny and unoriginal. You could come up with better ideas. Moving on.
Zigfried
Veteran Poster

Post by Zigfried »

[quote=scd250]And I gave them. Your skit was unfunny and unoriginal. You could come up with better ideas. Moving on. [/quote]

Registers right after con, only negative criticism...methinks we have a troll.
meerkat
Expert Poster

Post by meerkat »

I changed my name. I've been going for seven years now.
LusciousGrapes
Expert Poster

Post by LusciousGrapes »

[quote=Suna Sato]YAY! thanks for the laughter!!![/quote]

You're welcome! Your skit was a great opener~ :)
formerly: xturbulancexx
AB12: Subaru Sumeragi [Tokyo Babylon], Roxy Lalonde [Homestuck (God Tier)]
AB13: Latula Pyrope (God Tier, casual), Aradia Megido (God Tier, casual), possible Altair, Dave Strider, Subaru Sumeragi
Faceman
AB Staff

Post by Faceman »

[quote=scd250]I changed my name. I've been going for seven years now.[/quote]

Except you registered this account 4/25/2011 and you haven't changed your forum name on it. If you have an older forum account and you've lost that login, I can set it back up for you. But please don't go using multiple accounts.

This thread was started with the OP looking for advice on how to improve it. You say it was funny and unoriginal, and he could come up with better ideas. Maybe explain why you weren't entertained by it, and offer suggestions as to how exactly improve it? Here are some examples:

Bad Feedback:
It sucked and I didn't like it and you could do better.

Good Feedback:
I thought there were too many series being referenced, and it was hard to follow all the jokes. If you're not familiar with all the series (Pokemon, DBZ, FMA, GitS, Inception) then it won't make as much sense. It seems like you scripted it around the different cosplayers you had, instead of doing the costumes around the skit idea. Maybe try blending just 2 or 3 things together instead to make it more coherent and easier to follow. All that really seemed necessary was Pokemon and Inception.

See - right there I identified actual things I didn't like about it, and offered suggestions on how it could be changed and improved. That's what we like to call "constructive criticism." Try it out.

Of course, if you're just looking to troll, you can keep doing that. But I'm done with warning you and being patient.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Suna Sato
Veteran Poster

Post by Suna Sato »

[quote=Faceman][quote=scd250]I changed my name. I've been going for seven years now.[/quote]

Except you registered this account 4/25/2011 and you haven't changed your forum name on it. If you have an older forum account and you've lost that login, I can set it back up for you. But please don't go using multiple accounts.

This thread was started with the OP looking for advice on how to improve it. You say it was funny and unoriginal, and he could come up with better ideas. Maybe explain why you weren't entertained by it, and offer suggestions as to how exactly improve it? Here are some examples:

Bad Feedback:
It sucked and I didn't like it and you could do better.

Good Feedback:
I thought there were too many series being referenced, and it was hard to follow all the jokes. If you're not familiar with all the series (Pokemon, DBZ, FMA, GitS, Inception) then it won't make as much sense. It seems like you scripted it around the different cosplayers you had, instead of doing the costumes around the skit idea. Maybe try blending just 2 or 3 things together instead to make it more coherent and easier to follow. All that really seemed necessary was Pokemon and Inception.

See - right there I identified actual things I didn't like about it, and offered suggestions on how it could be changed and improved. That's what we like to call "constructive criticism." Try it out.

Of course, if you're just looking to troll, you can keep doing that. But I'm done with warning you and being patient.[/quote]

That was awesome right there. Originally we where only gonna do 3 series for the three layers of the dream but we had alot of last minute drop outs im thinking about doing a smaller amount of people this coming year so i dont have issues like a month before the Skit. We also thought along hte lines of Inception and pokemon but we couldnt fit all the roles of inception in with one series. The idea needed Work but im glad you gave me this imput ill use it for next year for sure!
meerkat
Expert Poster

Post by meerkat »

I haven't done anything specific against forum rules. I stated my opinion and that was all, I didn't attack anyone personally, now did I? I would love to give you my old account name, apart from the fact that it was on a different IP and email so it's not technically a multi AND I don't even remember the name of the account.

As for the skit...I've seen the same sort of idea 100,000 times already. I don't know how to put it otherwise. It was hard to follow and unoriginal. I'm entitled to an opinion just like everyone else.

*shrug*