"The Doctor"? Doctor -What-?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
tetsujin
Veteran Poster

Post by tetsujin »

To everybody who cosplayed as The Doctor, or other characters (or TARDISes) from Doctor Who:

Thank you. You all rock.

To everybody who cosplayed as the Eleventh Doctor:

Bowties are cool.
Auron_of_Boston
Experienced Poster

Post by Auron_of_Boston »

but why, i am a huge who fan, but it just seemed way more popular than it should have been for a cosplay
ShinkuNoKitsune
Expert Poster

Post by ShinkuNoKitsune »

I do love all the Doctor cosplays, but I'd like to see more of the others. Companions, creatures, River Song...Oh yes, River Song would make me a happy girl. :'D
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

[quote=tetsujin]To everybody who cosplayed as The Doctor, or other characters (or TARDISes) from Doctor Who:

Thank you. You all rock.

Bowties are cool.[/quote]

Bowties are indeed cool, but bananas and leather jackets are cooler.

As Ive been cosplaying the 9th Doctor at AB since 2009, it was crazy seeing all the other Doctors this past weekend. Crazy, but very awesome.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
pasttheshy
Getting the hang of this...

Post by pasttheshy »

Ever since the TARDIS showed up in '09 I've had even more reasons why AB is my favorite "personal holiday". Seeing my fandoms together like this fuels the crossover/meta-fiction/fourth-wall breaker in me like you don't even know. If at all possible, I want to get a picture of the Doctor with Yuuko Ichihara or Sailor Pluto next year. Possibly inspiring fanfic in the process. But not yet,still just plot-bunnies for the mo.
Staren
Veteran Poster

Post by Staren »

Hey AnimeAnthropologist, were you the guy that came by on the second floor with the joke "Every doctor here has a screwdriver, but I'm the only one with a banana!"? If not, it was a fun line anway. :cool:
AB attendee every year since 2010.
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

[quote=Staren]Hey AnimeAnthropologist, were you the guy that came by on the second floor with the joke "Every doctor here has a screwdriver, but I'm the only one with a banana!"? If not, it was a fun line anway. :cool: [/quote]

yeah, that was me. Because every Doctor DOES have a screwdriver, but only I had a BANANA!

It's replaced the screwdriver as my accessory of choice, ever since AUSA last year.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
tetsujin
Veteran Poster

Post by tetsujin »

[quote=AnimeAnthropologist][quote=tetsujin]To everybody who cosplayed as The Doctor, or other characters (or TARDISes) from Doctor Who:

Thank you. You all rock.

Bowties are cool.[/quote]

Bowties are indeed cool, but bananas and leather jackets are cooler.[/quote]

I'll see your banana and leather jacket and raise you twelve jammie dodgers and a fez.
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

[quote=ShinkuNoKitsune]I do love all the Doctor cosplays, but I'd like to see more of the others. Companions, creatures, River Song...Oh yes, River Song would make me a happy girl. :'D[/quote]
I agree, I would like to see more companions and aliens. I did see a River at Otakon (she was really good, and I'm not a fan of River). I've seen a few daleks, too, but I'd love to see more!!!
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

the weeping angel that went was great she did an amazing job on her outfit
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

[quote=ShinkuNoKitsune]I do love all the Doctor cosplays, but I'd like to see more of the others[/quote]

There was plenty of non-Doctor people too. TARDIS, Rose sometime Friday, Weeping Angel (A+ to you madam!!) and my personal favorite was Ten chasing Amy Pond down the stairs on Saturday
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
tetsujin
Veteran Poster

Post by tetsujin »

Oh, hey - this really isn't AB related but it's very Doctor Who related. Anybody mind if I show off a little?

Sonic Screwdriver Demo

It's a terrible video, I sound so stupid, but it was a fun project and I wanted to share it...
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

[quote=Anna]Weeping Angel (A+ to you madam!!)[/quote]

Aww, man, I wish I'd seen this!
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Check the cosplot. Rift in the multiverse. OF COURSE the Doctor will be around.

And anytime you see more than one of him, you know there is trouble. Potentially world ending, maybe even universe ending trouble.

And if you ever see the Doctor running, start running the way he is going. It could very well save your life.
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

So I guess the 20 of us, along with multiple copies of each Doctor, mean the universe was going to be devoured by Cthulhu or something.
Mama Undertaker
Dedicated Poster

Post by Mama Undertaker »

[quote=Kogarashi][quote=Anna]Weeping Angel (A+ to you madam!!)[/quote]

Aww, man, I wish I'd seen this![/quote]

i could be wrong but i heard there were two of them. I love them dearly for donig Doctor Who cosplays. But i hate those Angels. They gave me insomnia for 3 nights after that episode.
Anime Boston 2014 Booya peoples I am coming back!! I have for my Line up Captain James Kidd (AC4) Queen Undertaker and regular Undertaker (black butler, Raichu (pokemon)
6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

btw all my pics from the photoshoot on saturday are on my facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... a2b26b2a1a
vitamint
Experienced Poster

Post by vitamint »

I agree. There was such a large number of Doctor Who folks, considering it is an anime con. It reminded me of my old con-going days when Doctor Who stars were regular guests at Boston science fiction cons. The Doctor Who fan community has always been a fiercely enthusiastic and loyal bunch.