"Made my night"

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
Salith
Obsessed Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Salith »

[quote=lyraparry11].
-being the only rin tohsaka cosplayer the whole weekend (I think)[/quote]

I went as Archer Rin Tohsaka on Saturday again :)

-
Otherwise what made me happy was when people recognized me in my Lacus Clyne cosplay :)
Sayoria
AB Staff

"Made my night"

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=Krys-chan][quote=lyraparry11].

-
Otherwise what made me happy was when people recognized me in my Lacus Clyne cosplay :)[/quote]

Lyra says she was the only one. Not she thinks.... she was. You know what that means?

Two accounts, same person. Shammmme.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Salith
Obsessed Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Salith »

[quote=Yukito Kunisaki][quote=Krys-chan][quote=lyraparry11].

-
Otherwise what made me happy was when people recognized me in my Lacus Clyne cosplay :)[/quote]

Lyra says she was the only one. Not she thinks.... she was. You know what that means?

Two accounts, same person. Shammmme.[/quote]

Eh? o.o *confused* I'm Krys

Lyra went as casual (I believe, I know she had casual) and I went as Archer version. (look at either my icon or go to my profile to my coscom account). Last year I met Lyra briefly and we got a picture together. This year I didn't see her though ^^;
RayneDeanZ
Expert Poster

Re: "Made my night"

Post by RayneDeanZ »

What made my con, and to you all it will seem small considering this was my first con, was isle seating at Cosplay Dating Game and Chess. I was able to see everything!
Been coming since 2011

Anime Boston 2017:
Mastermind!Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)

Anime Boston 2018:
Shintaro Kisaragi (Kagerou Project)
Yasuke Matsuda (Dangan Ronpa)
Kiki (Kiki’s Delivery Service)

AB 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

AB 2022:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)

AB 2023:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)
bookishfreak
Experienced Poster

Post by bookishfreak »

There are a few moments....

Like when I was in line on Friday morning with a friend who didn't pre-register. I was dressed as Near from Death Note (Finger puppets and all!) and there were these two kids dressed as Near too! They were a little behind me in line, and they were SO excited to see "Older Near"! They gushed and told me I was their leader and one asked me how I got my hair to stay so neatly under my cap (She was having a problem) So I told her I wore a wig cap, and my hair is actually waist length. Her friend immediately goes "See! Wear a wig cap! Older Near just said so!" I got a picture with them, and it was adorable.

That little boy dressed as Honey Senpai! My heart melted into little gooey pieces.

Meeting J Michael Tatum at the autograph session! I got his autograph on a beautiful print I bought in Artist's Alley. I asked him what was the hardest moment for him emotionally to do in Black Butler, and he goes into this explanation of how emotional the last few scenes were for him to do, and I got all teary! (A combination of exhaustion, PMS, and that really is a sad scene) So I asked him for a hug, and he SPRANG up from his chair and immediately gave me this bone-crushing hug. It made me swoon a little, not gonna lie.

I was waiting for the J Michael Tatum panel and was sitting on the floor with my friends. I got bored, so I took out all my toys I had for my Near cosplay. I had dice, dominoes, finger puppets, a toy robot. So I began playing with them while my friends were talking to other people in line. I made this really neat (And huge) stack of dominoes, dice and a finger puppet on top and immediately the girls in line were like "ZOMG Near playing with his toys!!!" So they started taking photos. It was so funny. I didn't even mean to act "in character" I just like to stack things. :)

Whew!! Sorry that was a little long!!
yoshimitsu101
Experienced Poster

Post by yoshimitsu101 »

well on friday the kingdom hearts pannel. Saturday was at the Greg Ayres pannel i barked at him (yes like a dog) and he meowed back. Sunday i got to hus that awesome demyx cosplayer from cosplay chess and cosplay chess :3 This was my 1st anime con too!!!!
"Over confidence is your greatest enemy" - Yoshimitsu
fancyduckie
Veteran Poster

Post by fancyduckie »

Well, I'm late... >____>

But, this is more of a "made my con" story. On Sunday morning when we were walking through the Pru leaving the con, there was this adorable little girl all dressed up for Easter on one of the benches near the courtyard with her mother. She stands up on the bench, points at me, jumps down, and comes running towards me, all excited. Her mom comes up and asks (so politely, might I add) if she can have a picture of me and her daughter, and of course I said yes (who could resist that face?!). The girl has this big grin and says "thank you very much for the picture" to me. Most of the weekend, it seemed like I was getting more than my fair share of dirty looks from non-con-goers. So normal people actually enjoying my costume really made my day. I won my first award in the Masquerade the night before, and this definitely was the cherry on top of a giant cupcake for me.
AB 2022 Lineup
Friday AM: Dancer Class Dorothea
Friday PM: Strawberry Trapper Mari
Saturday: Gwendolyn Valkyrie
Sunday: Pirate Kotori