"Made my night"

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
Sayoria
AB Staff

"Made my night"

Post by Sayoria »

If you could say one thing on any of the con days that made your night, that really made you laugh, become amused, or was just really fun, what was it?

Thursday night at Unos, my friends and I were served by a pretty flamboyant waiter. We thought he was pretty cool, and one of he girls with me really adored him. Well, she ordered no supper..... just a desert.... some peanut butter cup thing. Well, when we got our meals, she didn't get hers, so we assume that he thoughts she would want her desert after WE were done eating.... so, she ended up asking for it, and got it.

After when we got the receipt, I looked at it, and started laughing (though not out loud to catch the attention of others).... I shown my group the receipt, and either 3 of us, or all of us, grabbed our cameras to snapshot it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Ry ... C00185.jpg
($5.99)

Needless to say, it really made out nights.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
ThePrince
Getting the hang of this...

"Made my night"

Post by ThePrince »

I think what really made my night was Saturday evening (or Sunday morning for those who want to be technical). My associate and I were running the 18+ Cosplay Court Case at 1:30 AM and we were concerned that we wouldn't have a good crowd.

Boy were we ever wrong. Not only did we pack the room but we had a good time with some fantastically great and hilarious people. If you stayed up to come hang out with us you have my eternal thanks.
meerkat
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by meerkat »

Got to give tom wayland a hug. That man is my childhood in a box.
PetersburgRush
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by PetersburgRush »

Got the very last front row seat at J Michael Tatum's panel. zomg can i say eye contact? yesh, i can.
2010: Anna Kyoyama (Shaman King)
2011: Toph, Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
2012: Esmerelda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
2013: Taffyta Muttonfudge (Wreck-It Ralph)
2014: Mirai Kuriyama (Beyond the Boundary)
2015: Josephine Montilyet (Dragon Age: Inquisition), Ishizu Ishtar (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
xia
I'm new!

"Made my night"

Post by xia »

It sounds kinda sad, but when I finally got a picture of this really cool Spike cosplayer. I had spotted him around the con but he was never close enough to get a picture of. Finally cornered him in the food court lol.
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

"Made my night"

Post by royalbakaness »

Thursday: This seems strange and a little mean (at least to my poor friend) but while we were walking to Newbury Comics after getting our badges, there was some INSANE wind, and my friend who was dressed as Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh nearly had her skirt fly all the way up (she never wears skirts in the first place). I couldn't stop laughing at my poor friend's predicament. The wind WOULD NOT STOP!!!
Also, Friday I got to give Ducktape Vash a donut!!! And then he gave me a hug!! So exciting!!!
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
BlueEyedAlchemist
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by BlueEyedAlchemist »

It was saturday in line for the masqurade. The cute little kid running around the hall dressed as honey sempai and I asked for a hug and My friends had got me a BDay Cake and when he saw it he completely freaked and tried to dive bomb it and his brother had to catch him.
I let him have some and he was so so excited and he was the cutest thing and he kept call me awesome. he was the best honey sempai EVER!!! lol
It made my weekend lol.
Anime Boston '06 - '12
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

"Made my night"

Post by kiarrens »

Watching all the masquerade participants as they got off-stage and got their awards, and helping people to fix their costumes or just talk to them for awhile to calm their nerves. I almost teared up once or twice watching peoples' faces completely light up when they heard they won something.

Also, watching all my chess participants on-stage totally made my weekend. They were all so amazing, and really gave it their all.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
coolforever
AB Alumni

"Made my night"

Post by coolforever »

On friday there was some guy on the top floor that said "HEY IT'S BLUE SHIRT GUY!" and they just started yelling "BLUE SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I was dying laughing. :D
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Zigfried
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Zigfried »

As Skull Kid in the 18+ Dating Game, Grell asked me what outfit I would prefer him to wear. I replied, "Anything with a mask." The crowd reaction was definitely a highlight of my weekend.
NoTouchie
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by NoTouchie »

My highlight of the con was actually after the con. Sunday afternoon I'm headed home and figure Hey, I'm comfy and I don't look THAT odd. I'll cosplay home and change there. As soon as I get on the T a little boy pointed and yelled "It's Toph! She's from Avatar!" His awe at seeing a cartoon character really made my day and made the con last a little longer for me. :content:
Jumi
AB Staff

"Made my night"

Post by Jumi »

I just love all the little things :)

Finding the only other Romeo in the con! and his Juliet :) my boyfriend and I cosplayed Romeo X Juliet, and although I saw some very lovely Juliets - we only met this one Romeo X Juliet couple and exchanged much deserved hugs :)

I enjoyed going up on stage for Hentai Dubbing - not to dub, haha, I dont think my imagination is quite dirty enough (give it time) but for the trivia. Yup, I was white-tank-top girl who got CHEATED - but all in good humor ^^

dance rocked, and I also think I will be taking taiko drum lessons now :D
Julie Ghizzoni
Junior Tech 2013 - 2019
Browncoat
Fyrii
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Fyrii »

Hmm...most of my highlights came from just running into people :P

A Rikku from FF X came up to me (I was dressed as Rikku from FF X-2) and we started laughing at the coincidence- our friends took pictures of us feigning surprised faces at each other, and we made small talk which was nice :]

Also when I went into the dance late saturday night the first song I heard was pikachu's voice remixed...that made me laugh XD

Oh, and seeing Umi, Fuu and Hikaru being cosplayed really made me happy- that anime has a special spot in my nerdy heart and I never see it referenced or cosplayed ANYWHERE. Plus, their skit was hilarious.

I'm going to stop rambling now >_>
Previous Cons:
CTCon ‘08
CTCon ‘09
CTCon ‘10

Anime Boston ‘11
CTCon ‘11
Anime Boston ‘12
CTCon ‘12
Another Anime Convention ‘12
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

"Made my night"

Post by basharoftheages »

Realizing our studio cleaned house at the AMV awards and setting up the Feedback panel as AMV301 really made my night on Saturday.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Prez
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Prez »

Performing in the mall as one of the Warblers totally made my day. It was just so much fun xD And everyone seemed to enjoy it, for the most part.
venomized
I'm new!

"Made my night"

Post by venomized »

If you're talking about Spike from Buffy, I was him. Ah, I'm glad I made your night!

If it isn't, well. Made a fool of myself. :B
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by liseyatthedisco »

NOT YET POOPSIE XD LOL
windibro.tumblr.com

2009: Zoey (L4D)
2010: Heather (SH3)
2011: Draco (AVPM) Gaz (IZ) Ellis (L4D2)
2012: Viscount Druitt
2013: ZillyWave, Dog Tier Jade, Black Rat
2014:Yang Xiao Long, Genocider Syo, Misty Day
2015: Newt Geiszler, Tooru Mutsuki
2016: Daisya Barry
Houski

"Made my night"

Post by Houski »

While I was standing against the wall taking a break from walking around, I saw an L walk up to me and I looked over to my mom saying "Oh, look another L!" and he came over and was amazingly in character... and he patted me on the head and guestured me to do a pose and once I did, he gave me thumbs up and then walked away. I was so thrilled and it just made my night. <3 :)
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Best moment: When THAT GUY showed up at the "How to Avoid being That Guy" panel and was trolling, but then the whole room banned together against him.
windibro.tumblr.com

alphie

"Made my night"

Post by alphie »

I got told while I was in Cosplay Repair, fixing my breastplate for Ukoku Sanzo, by who I am going to assume was a master's division cosplayer for the masquerade, that my cosplay was amazing. It made me feel sooooo good. <3
Zienkyer

"Made my night"

Post by Zienkyer »

This was really my first full weekend at a con, and just being there and making friends made my night(s) xD Besides that, I was completely unprepared, having less than a week and not a lot of money saved up. I ended up raiding my closet and costuming supplies for random junk to wear. So Saturday/Sunday, I was an elf with green and brown facial tattoos, in a basic green and brown outfit. Simple thing, really.

I know people normally ignore less-than-extravagant costumes that aren't from things they recognize, but any time people came up to ask about my make-up or elf ears, I was thrilled. Someone even asked me what I was from, and when I said I was 'just me', they said 'Good! Keep being you!', that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling - seriously, there were almost tears. But what made my con was when someone actually asked for my picture - not something I expected at all. I think he was taking pictures of... everything, but still! Little things like that make a new con-goer really excited xD

Looking forward to next year!
liseyatthedisco
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

I totally think I saw you haha. I knew you were an elf. I don't watch that much anime really so I figured you were from something I hadn't seen XD
windibro.tumblr.com

chibikakashi0101
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by chibikakashi0101 »

What made my con? Definitely seeing everyones delighted faces [or annoyed faces] in the PARTY-VATOR! on Saturday night. Me and my friend had a lot of fun doing that with everyone. But other than that would have to be discussing with N about pokemon liberation and giving him [her] a big hug.
kelmallow

"Made my night"

Post by kelmallow »

I'd have to say being glomped so hard that one of my pins popped off XD

I had a "Free hugs" pin on, and a "free glomps" guy lifted me up which caught me by surprise, but it was all in fun. Once he put me down, the pin was on the floor

Also seeing a Flying Rainbow Poptart Cat cosplayer, because that video is my life XD
AB 2009: Faye from QC/Default schoolgirl
AB 2010: Seras Victoria- Hellsing
AB 2011: Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim
AB 2012: Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim
AB 2013: Moira O'Hara- AHS
AB 2014: Rainbow Dash a la Cupcakes
AB 2015: Femme!Captain America, Cupcakes RD?
NobiZero
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by NobiZero »

I'd have to say walking around with my friend as Red Mist and myself as Kick-Ass. After the first time someone walked by pointing at us both, he spouts out "That's right, we're superheroes. You love us."

Or as I was walking down a hallway by myself, a little kid comes running up with a huge grin on his face and asks me for a picture, which I gladly agree to. Afterwards, he says "I love your movie," to which I replied "Are you old enough to see my movie?" He got all giggly and said "no" to which I started laughing and told him it was OK. Made me kind of feel like a superhero of sorts making a kid's day like that.
doodlebug001
AB Staff

"Made my night"

Post by doodlebug001 »

When a (normie) 4 year old girl thought I was a princess. She was too shy to tell me, so she got her mom to tell me that she thought my dress was beautiful. I decided to return the favor and tapped on the little girl's shoulder to tell her that her dress was pretty. She got very shy and hid at her mom's leg. The mom explained that she was shy cause she thought I was a princess. ;A; so cuteeee. I got blatantly hit on dozens of times that night in that dress, but for some reason, she gave me the best feeling of all. :)
Sayoria
AB Staff

"Made my night"

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=live4him4eva]When a (normie) 4 year old girl thought I was a princess. She was too shy to tell me, so she got her mom to tell me that she thought my dress was beautiful. I decided to return the favor and tapped on the little girl's shoulder to tell her that her dress was pretty. She got very shy and hid at her mom's leg. The mom explained that she was shy cause she thought I was a princess. ;A; so cuteeee. I got blatantly hit on dozens of times that night in that dress, but for some reason, she gave me the best feeling of all. :)
[/quote]

Awe....that is just adorable. :)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Dancingkat888

"Made my night"

Post by Dancingkat888 »

The one thing that made the entire con worthwhile was that when i asked Greg Ayres to sign my sketchbook, he told me he thought I was a good artist! @//////@
Dreamoflife

"Made my night"

Post by Dreamoflife »

I was dressed as Shadow Yukiko on Saturday, which is a big pink ballgown with a tiara... whenever we walked to the food court there were little girls saying LOOK AT THE PRINCESS and I'd smile and wave and they'd smile and wave and their parents would smile AND MY HEART WAS MELTY ALL DAY.

And I was sitting in that corridor across from the food court waiting for my friends to come back from Walgreens because my dress was too big to manouvre through the lunchtime crowd and I didn't want to be a pain, and a tourist came over and asked me to take a picture with his son, probably about a year old in a stroller, and he started playing with my wig and it was SO CUTE ;A;
Mava

"Made my night"

Post by Mava »

[quote]I think what really made my night was Saturday evening (or Sunday morning for those who want to be technical). My associate and I were running the 18+ Cosplay Court Case at 1:30 AM and we were concerned that we wouldn't have a good crowd.

Boy were we ever wrong. Not only did we pack the room but we had a good time with some fantastically great and hilarious people. If you stayed up to come hang out with us you have my eternal thanks.[/quote]

Honestly, that panel made my con. It was my very first 18+ panel, and the only regret I had for the weekend was that I had changed out of my cosplay earlier that evening and therefore didn't volunteer to participate. Seriously, though, I went to the event on a whim after some con drama went down around the people I roomed with, and it completely turned my mood around. Definitely hoping it comes back next year and that the same people run it~ xD

Other smaller highlights included being one of the extremely few Prince of Tennis cosplayers at con (and only Kaidoh, or so I gathered), having people express their appreciation or my character choice, and helping run a panel for the first time. ^.^
AB '19- Kikumaru (Prince of Tennis), Yohane (Love Live), Dave (Homestuck), Gai (Naruto)
AB '18- Kagome (Inuyasha), Yohane, Kikumaru
AB '17- Yurio (Yuri on Ice), Cyan (Show by Rock), Rin (Love Live), Yui (Fushigi Yuugi)
AB '16- Rin, John (BBC Sherlock)
AB '15- Asuka (Evangeleon)
AB '14- Asuka
AB '13- John, Kaidoh, Tohru (Fruits Basket)
AB '12- Madoka (Madoka Magica), Tohru
AB '11- Kaidoh (Prince of Tennis)
AB '10- Tohru
AB '09- Tohru
AB '08- Katara (Avatar)
The Beefcube
I'm new!

"Made my night"

Post by The Beefcube »

While we were at the Girugamesh concert, I put my costume (Kirby) off to the side right next to the water table. It had a hole in the top for my head, and when we left, I lifted it up and noticed a couple of plastic cups under it. People had thought it was a trash can XD
heartstarmagick
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by heartstarmagick »

I cannot pick one. This weekend was amazing.

Talking Shakespeare with J. Michael Tatum.

Constantly running into/hugraping Angeals [he's legit my favorite FFVII character ever and i didn't even think I'd run into one]

Riding the Sheraton elevators aimlessly at three AM Saturday night, and the conversation that came along with it.
AB 2012!!
Superior Xemnas (with my Org. XIII group) from Kingdom Hearts
Mother JENOVA (with my Professor Hojo) from Final Fantasy VII
AB 2013!!
Axel {and possibly/probably Xemnas} (with my Saix) from Kingdom Hearts
Lucrecia Crescent (with my Professor Hojo) from FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus
Spirit Albarn (with my Stein) from Soul Eater {extremely tentative}
pasttheshy

"Made my night"

Post by pasttheshy »

Actually getting complimented on my Nausicaa costume because there is a SEVERE LACK of Ghibli cosplay, leading into meeting another cool Ghibli cosplayer dressed as Fujimoto.
Leading again to bonding with more cool people in the Food Court on Saturday night over hot fudge sundaes.
Uncle Yo's standup. The Subversive Toons panel.
And getting to be validated in an auditorium full of pervy geeks at the Cosplay Burlesque performance. BRING THEM BACK NEXT YEAR!!!
Jen-Chan

"Made my night"

Post by Jen-Chan »

Well I was Kanede from Angel Beats on Saturday but I didn't really get much notice, I guess its just not well known enough. But it really made my day when I met an adorible Yuri, a great TK, a cute Angel and Otonashi couple, and got my picture taken by Cyborg 009 <3
Caesar
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Caesar »

[quote=My_Wayward_Son]As Skull Kid in the 18+ Dating Game, Grell asked me what outfit I would prefer him to wear. I replied, "Anything with a mask." The crowd reaction was definitely a highlight of my weekend.[/quote]

Oh that was you? I was one of the people in the crowd laughing, I also voted for you. I loved the constant references to the moon.
"Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings." Horace
pasttheshy

"Made my night"

Post by pasttheshy »

[quote=Caesar][quote=My_Wayward_Son]As Skull Kid in the 18+ Dating Game, Grell asked me what outfit I would prefer him to wear. I replied, "Anything with a mask." The crowd reaction was definitely a highlight of my weekend.[/quote]

Oh that was you? I was one of the people in the crowd laughing, I also voted for you. I loved the constant references to the moon. [/quote]

Grell: YOU THINK I'M UGLY?!
Jiraiya: No, he's just kinky.
Grell:...Oh, well, that I can work with! ^W^
Me: XDDD
MacX
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by MacX »

What made my night?

"HEY LOOK! A SIGN!!! (ooohhh)"

it didnt matter if I was saying it or if i got smirks/laughs/thumbs up/pics taken/ or MANY people saying it. It made my night (Sat). And morning (sun).

I even made a facebook fanpage for it! HAHA http://www.facebook.com/pages/HEY-Look- ... 5365048950
I can sculpt anything out of clay for you. Challenge me.

“I’ve known Macklin for a very long time and I think he is an incredibly talented person.” - Veronica Taylor (Ash Ketchum, Pokemon).

Follow me on twitter @ HeyLookASign
TerumiEya

"Made my night"

Post by TerumiEya »

so many things!

posing with my friends up the escalators to turn around to see others posing with us

starting a game of ligit marco polo on saturday expecting it to die fast but lasting almost a half hour growing down half the hallway (we have a video if you would like it)

and on friday i was sitting waiting for my friends and a little girl asked me who i was and when i told her i was from kingdom hearts from halloween town she got excited that i was from "the disney game" and told her mom to tell me i was pretty. made my heart glow!

and of course all of the people. the fact that you have never met anyone before and suddenly you can talk like best friends makes me feel like kindergarten again! =3
PockyPham
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by PockyPham »

GIRUGAMESH PEROFRMANCE. <3
Slash

"Made my night"

Post by Slash »

Being the "talking" Menos
DevilAcolyte

"Made my night"

Post by DevilAcolyte »

Met a guy in the artist's alley, he was in a wheelchair and as I passed he recognized my costume. H was so enthusiastic, so cheerful, and so nice about it, that our brief talk and photos taken during it really made my day - heck, it made my whole convention ^.^
Shyguy8413
AB Alumni

"Made my night"

Post by Shyguy8413 »

The most fun for me was doing the masq. I was the flamboyant pink Jigglypuff from the first skit. I am horribly shy, and was only doing the part since someone bailed on my friend who had planned the skit. After we went onstage, my friend who played Eevee and I strolled the halls for a while for some air, and I felt like a celeb. I was swamped with photo requests, hugs, kisses, and even gifts (2 bracelets and candy). It was my first time at AB and I'm seriously considering bringing the Jigglypuff cosplay back next year, it was too funny not to!
stray-x
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by stray-x »

Meeting other j-rock fans while waiting in line for the Girugamesh concert and autograph session!
megmo
Determined Poster

"Made my night"

Post by megmo »

Three of my highlights were being reconized from Youtube. Once on Saturday then once on Sunday. The other was just having my cosplay reconized in general on Saturday.

My friends and I were cosplaying from W.I.T.C.H. When we were going upstairs on the escalator one of them said "You know no one is gonna know who we are right?" Then one woman turned to us and asked for a picture when we got upstairs. And she actually knew who we were suppose to be! It made the three of us very happy. Then when the same friend repeated "You know no one is gonna reconize us right?" again the girl from Youtube came up to us and reconized us/me. IT was wonderful. (I am especially happy that I know know who she is!) .<

Another highlight was seeing how happy people were when I was handing out Easter eggs to people throughout Sunday. <3
plantea80
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by plantea80 »

Sandal Foreshadowing/Irony Backhand:
Friday: Go to the bank to square myself away for the weekend...my right flip flop thong breaks apart.
Saturday: While running up the back escalators to try and get to the Hentai Dubbing panel, I tell my friend "I'm surprised these geta have not crapped out on me yet." We get to the third floor only to find that Hall D was on the second floor and the down escalator was busted. So we bolt down the stairs, and just as I'm "sprinting" in my geta, I hear a snap and find that my right geta, back block popped out of its pegs. After getting to the panel, it finally hit that I called out my own doom a few minutes before it broke. Minus the pain my shin gave me, we got a laugh out of it.

Elevator pleaser: Riding up/down the elevators on Saturday at the Marriott, me and my friends encountered parents and children chillin on the floors that were not ours. They looked at us and were like "yeah, we'll wait." The kids noticed me in my Jiraiya outfit, and as the doors closed I would do a little jig. As they closed shut, I could hear bursts of laughter.

Oh the pleasures of making non-congoers happy ^_^
Lathrine
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Lathrine »

If I gushed on about everything little thing and person (More specifically, six people) that made my night, my post would be a mile long. So I'll narrow my thousands down to two. This first one takes place on Saturday, when I was Deidara.

1:
Around five or six that evening, I was standing all disgruntled like outside a line in the food court while my mom was getting some dinner. I was in the middle of a very bad crash (Going from two high-energy photoshoots to massive amounts of nothing never ends well), standing with my 'straw' hat high on my head and tipped pretty far forward. I got plenty of odd looks from people passing by, even other congoers. Not that I cared; I was busy poorly handing my crash and was half convinced I was going to have an emotional break down again.

And then out of no where, this little girl- no more than six or seven- appears in my limited-by-my-hat vision with a camera in her hand, timidly asking for a photo. This wasn't the kid of an older congoer. This was just a "normie" kid. That fact alone made me incredibly happy, and the girl got her photo in the end. <3

2:
This second one is all sorts of generic, but I don't care. All the 'normies' who were puttering around during our KH photoshoot on Sunday. Our whole group was posing dramatically up on the edge of the fountain for a group shot, and we kept having random people ranging from children to full grown adults timidly asking for pictures with us. It was beautiful. <3
eevee
AB Staff

"Made my night"

Post by eevee »

I met an awesome guy who taught me to swing dance. He's now my friend on facebook. I promise myself I must ask him to dance again next year. <3
Winnie Chen

Social Media Coordinator 19 20 21
Social Media Staff 18
Assistant Customer Service Manager 16 17
Press Liaison 16
Registration Staff 12 13 14 15
ThePrince

"Made my night"

Post by ThePrince »

[quote=Mava][quote]I think what really made my night was Saturday evening (or Sunday morning for those who want to be technical). My associate and I were running the 18+ Cosplay Court Case at 1:30 AM and we were concerned that we wouldn't have a good crowd.

Boy were we ever wrong. Not only did we pack the room but we had a good time with some fantastically great and hilarious people. If you stayed up to come hang out with us you have my eternal thanks.[/quote]

Honestly, that panel made my con. It was my very first 18+ panel, and the only regret I had for the weekend was that I had changed out of my cosplay earlier that evening and therefore didn't volunteer to participate. Seriously, though, I went to the event on a whim after some con drama went down around the people I roomed with, and it completely turned my mood around. Definitely hoping it comes back next year and that the same people run it~ xD

Other smaller highlights included being one of the extremely few Prince of Tennis cosplayers at con (and only Kaidoh, or so I gathered), having people express their appreciation or my character choice, and helping run a panel for the first time. ^.^[/quote]

I'm so glad that we helped make your con a memorable one! We do Cosplay Court Case all over New England and anytime you see the name it's typically the same people running it. We may be down one member here or there but the core group is responsible for it every time. Anime Boston has been a great venue for us and we definitely plan on being there in 2012!
Majik
AB Staff

"Made my night"

Post by Majik »

Weekend rainbows:
[color:blue]1: All the Avatards that shopped at my table make me wish I'd had time to wear my Kyoshi Warrior costume, too. I saw a LOT of great Zuko's, an AMAZINGLY ADORABLE Toph, and when I found Azula, I called her Princess Crazy Pants, and she was happy about it ^__^[/color]
[color:magenta]2: The sweet little girl who's been coming to my Plushie Workshop EVERY YEAR SINCE SHE WAS THREE! She was Tokyo Mew Mew this year, and it was fantastic looking! Good job, Mom and Dad![/color]
[color:green]3: The Charity Auction! I always have a blast there, but, omg, we broke a record, or at least my sanity, this year! TONS of high, high, high bids, lots of GORGEOUS, sinful, covetous donations this year, and as always, a FANTASTIC audience, most of whom were NOT sitting on their wallets ^____^[/color]
[color:brown]4: Post-con dinner @ Typhoon. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM. $135 worth of sushi and plum wine later (err, that's for TWO people, not just me!!!), I am a happy glutton.[/color]

Let's do it again NEXT YEAR!
Charity Auction MC since forever
Panelist supreme - Will host ANYTHING <3
Artists' Alley - come visit MajikCraft and maybe buy something!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MajikCraft
FemaleKyo
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by FemaleKyo »

I think just Saturday night made my entire weekend. First, the FMA Brotherhood AMV winner, then Tatum's panel and talking to him for probably a half hour or so. I got hit on by a really good Captain Jack Sparrow, and the STEREOPONY concert! then riding the PARTY-VATOR for an hour or so. xD
AB2013: Terezi (Multiple outfits??)[Homestuck], Cheshire [Young Justice], Meg (dark hair)[Supernatural] Rose Lalonde [Homestuck]
AB2014: Terezi Pyrope, Damara Megido, Botan