Friendship Train

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
Triscy
I'm new!

Friendship Train

Post by Triscy »

By far my favorite memory from the con this year.

Alright, so I was amongst a group of friends. My friend Lyude came up with this idea that we attempted briefly, but quickly it died and we gave up. Later on we hooked up with some of our other friends and, when I posed the idea to my friend Fighting Fire, he jumped on it. We all gathered together, connected hands, and in a line that Saturday afternoon walked around yelling "JOIN THE FRIENDSHIP TRAIN!"

It started out slow, but quickly caught on. Walking around in relatively unplanned circles, we slowly gathered people, clasping hands with the person at the end and following on. One of our group pulled out her camera and set it to record a video(probably to be posted later on youtube as "Anime Boston 2011 Friendship Train").

By the end, we had a rough estimate of 150+ convention goers(feel free to dispute this estimate; we were all over the board with this but we know we at least had 100). At one point we occupied both up escalator from the first to third floor outside of the Dealer's Room side entrance. The whole deal finally came to an end when some of the staff(doing their jobs) disbanded us at the bottom of one escalator. After the initial disbandment, we gathered in a huge mob to take pictures. Chanting soon started, and we were soon disbanded again. Walking down the hall as a huge mass, chanting came up again before being stopped, and finally we were disbanded again when we attempted a huge group hug.

How many of you guys happened to see us? Who joined!? Discuss!
meerkat
Expert Poster

Friendship Train

Post by meerkat »

I actually find this kind of crap really annoying. It was fun when I was thirteen, too, but chanting crap, clogging up the hallways, and making giant lines of people disrupts travel for everyone else. For the same reason we don't play duck duck goose anymore.
Kulthozuer
I'm new!

Friendship Train

Post by Kulthozuer »

Oh I'm sorry, we must of added a couple seconds of travel time from going from one panel to the next. I'm glad you informed me there is a certain age where it is not ok to have fun anymore. I will inform all my friends we cant play Uno anymore and I'll tell my dad hes not allowed to play guitar or playstation anymore because hes too old to do the things he loves to do.
Honestly? I realize it might be a little inconvenient for some people so I guess what I'll take from this is anything that might be a tiny bit inconvenient to someone somewhere mine as well not be done, you know like the American Revolution. We dispanded the second we were told because we know the convention has rules and that we were getting in peoples way when we became that big.
Lastly I hope you have a wonderful life if people chanting love and peace and joining together to celebrate the fact they we can all be friends despite where we are from or what were like sickens you. :)
zackoak
I'm new!

Friendship Train

Post by zackoak »

Sure is passive-aggressive in here. Hey, how about we don't turn the end of the con into a session for people to complain? I like that folks get together and have fun here. I also think it's kind of frustrating to get held up when traveling. How about we work on finding a middle ground that addresses both of these things and not be rude to one another?
Faceman
AB Executive

Friendship Train

Post by Faceman »

Let's all play nice. Copious amounts of passive aggressive posts are not needed. Please keep comments civil, respectful, and constructive.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
meerkat
Expert Poster

Friendship Train

Post by meerkat »

Which staff member changed that running game involving two ducks and a goose into uno? ;P

Funny guys. <3 you too.

Anyway...I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive. Those kinds of things are great and fun...when and if we move to the bayside expo center and have oceans of room OR when we had a lot less people. It's disruptive to others and potentially dangerous, that's WHY staff disbanded you. Clogging up the halls even more just annoys everyone else at the convention.