Rude Cosplayers (cosplayers that are rude)

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
masakijamie
Experienced Poster

Post by masakijamie »

I got angry on a group of cosplayers in the dealer's room. There's a K-pop booth(I have no idea what it's doing here) that I really like. When I go in there, there's a rude cosplayers who wants to buy a merchandise and they won't move when someone ask them to. When there's a SHINee and Super Junior Lucifer and Bonomana mash up playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3stWTyqRBag, they started to dance and go all noisy and stuff. I even got piss when they tried to sing like the mashup in Korean (I'm Asian and it's offensive to me). I told them to shut up(I wasn't really thinking) but they won't. When they left, I was like FINALLY! These cosplayers need to learn to move for the other buyers to buy something and they need to learn to be quiet. =_=

Not only Anime Boston have rude cosplayers, there's plenty of more in this world. That's what I learn and know.

Do you have any rude cosplayers or anime fans that you have seen this year?
AB '15-Rinoa Heartilly from FFVIII
Caesar
Expert Poster

Post by Caesar »

No, the most obnoxious comment I got today was being confused with lady gaga... which was clearly intended to be a joke at my expense, everyone else was quite polite and I got far more compliments than insults on my costume. But then I didn't spend much time in at the shops so your experience could have been different.

People are people, one has to expect a few jerks.
"Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings." Horace
FullmetalNinja
Getting the hang of this...

Post by FullmetalNinja »

I do dislike rude cosplayers- and customers in general. It's unfortunate, but at gatherings like these, there will be an annoying person or two everywhere you go.

But as for singing in Korean, (or trying to sing), I don't think that was done in order to be a mockery of the Korean language or anything.
I've personally only ever studied Mandarin Chinese in a classroom setting, and even then- my Chinese isn't close to perfect. (1. Because I'm American and 2. Because I have never been to China and even my teachers speak differently to me than they would to another Chinese speaker.)
That's just how things are.

Most people haven't had the opportunity to properly study Korean, Japanese- or even Chinese like me.
American schooling isn't quite at the level to make those languages a standard offering. (Yet.)

But with that in mind, I think you should make look at it as less of a "mocking" the language and as more of an "appreciation." They enjoy that song so much that they want to sing it, despite not knowing Korean.

As for their rude behavior, I do agree.
People like that need to stop.
VideoGameStupid
Experienced Poster

Post by VideoGameStupid »

This story isn't about a rude cosplayer but a rude person in general. There was a Super Smash Bros tournament going on (which i entered in and won.. yay!) and the match was between a Cpt. Falcon and Pikachu. This guy comes out of nowhere and starts shouting "Are we playing Super Smash Bros!" and "I'm a pro at this game!" over and over. Then he makes snide and vulgar comments about the Cpt. Falcon while they are playing such as "Your not supposed to [blank] use [blank] falcon punch!" I thought it was uncalled for since the Cpt. Falcon obviously didn't have much experience and was only entering the tourny for fun (it was for fun cause i ended up winning... i never win.) Then he just walks away with his lapdogs whilst still laughing about what he said. Cosplayers can be rude but normies can be just as bad.
LusciousGrapes
Expert Poster

Post by LusciousGrapes »

I'm actually surprised I didn't encounter any rude people this year. I'm sorry some of you had bad experiences. >.<
formerly: xturbulancexx
AB12: Subaru Sumeragi [Tokyo Babylon], Roxy Lalonde [Homestuck (God Tier)]
AB13: Latula Pyrope (God Tier, casual), Aradia Megido (God Tier, casual), possible Altair, Dave Strider, Subaru Sumeragi
DoubleEdgeSword
Experienced Poster

Post by DoubleEdgeSword »

I didn't encounter any rude people either. For my first time at AB, it was really fun to interact with everyone. Sorry some of you had a difficult time though.

My only complaint would have to be the fact that I got headaches... but that's a different topic. ^^;
Nurilka
Veteran Poster

Post by Nurilka »

I had a lot of issues with people shoving me to the side pretty hard to get by me when there were crowds. This resulted in the armor on my boots getting ripped off and broken quite a bit. I think I re-glued them about 9 times over the course of the weekend?
ErinErin
Expert Poster

Post by ErinErin »

It seems your issue is more with rude PEOPLE than cosplayers. The rudest people I saw this weekend were non-attendees in the area and groups congregating in high traffic areas/stairwells/escalators.
ChibiKittay
Veteran Poster

Post by ChibiKittay »

The only issue I had with anyone being rude was when I was with my daughter, she's 4 and people would push past her. Or when the whole Marco Polo yelling went on one girl right next to me and my little girl yelled out f*ck you...I was quite pissed off and prob. would have had some words with her if not for my daughter being there, but then again I wouldn't have minded as much is my daughter was not with me in the first place ^^; Just was not happy since she obviously had seen me and my daughter since she looked over at us.
tetsujin
Veteran Poster

Post by tetsujin »

Here's my pet peeve for the day:

This year, for the first time, we had a stroller with us and so I had to use the elevators instead of the stairs or escalators most of the time. But now and then it took a while to get a lift because other people were using it - people who I don't think actually needed it.

I know you can't always tell at a glance if someone is unable to use stairs or an escalator - however, it really seemed like the elevators were, at times, stuffed with (apparently) perfectly able-bodied people with no reason to be occupying the lift. So we had to wait.

So, please, if you don't need to use an elevator, don't use an elevator. It won't kill you to walk the 50 feet to get from the bottom of one escalator to the top of another.
ZenErik
Veteran Poster

Post by ZenErik »

I do not have any stories about anyone being particularly rude to me this year. However, the usual rudeness of people yelling things in the hallway like "Marco Polo" with zero consideration for other attendees was present.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Peoples is peoples. Sadly there are rude people everywhere. It's just a fact of life.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Yammark
Determined Poster

Post by Yammark »

aside from how crowded it was (all the bumping and whatnot) the worst I got was some attitude from a cosplayer
Yamma!
Crack

Post by Crack »

Haters gunna hate.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Crossplay hating "normies".... though for some reason, I had none this year.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
ZeroSnake

Post by ZeroSnake »

Some guys were calling me lady gaga as well It was clearly an insult... but hey the ladies liked my open shirt so I'm fine ^___^
Mama Undertaker
Dedicated Poster

Post by Mama Undertaker »

I was more irritated by the fact I spend 10 hours working on a prop for a friend, he was trying to get in to an elevator and people just pushed him to the side to get in themselves rather then wait a moment and they broke it in 2 places. its like WTF people cant you have some common curtasy or some Manners I know your parents had to have raised you better then that.
Anime Boston 2014 Booya peoples I am coming back!! I have for my Line up Captain James Kidd (AC4) Queen Undertaker and regular Undertaker (black butler, Raichu (pokemon)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=C.RoW White]I know your parents had to have raised you better then that.[/quote]

Sadly, with all the people I have met in my life, I doubt it.=/
HaganeNoShinobi

Post by HaganeNoShinobi »

I'm not gonna say any identifying comments but we had asked a group of cosplayers if they would wait for a moment for my friend to take pictures and they agreed they would wait for us while we ran and got her camera, and in the two minutes it took us, they ran off and for the rest of the afternoon gave us very rude and dirty looks anytime we passed. Grow up guys, really -.-
Arcanexalchemist

Post by Arcanexalchemist »

I have a nice story which, im not sure if this girl was having a bad day but man I felt it was kinda rude. Was chilling behind a table my friend had set up at the artist alley when he starts saying "oh noo..Oh no!" (by the way, I cosplay pyramid head) so I asked him what was up and he pointed out a female pyramid head. Excited to see another pyramid head I walked over and lightly taped her shoulder and waved. Some guys wanted a picture of us so we posed (though I hate taking pictures in the artist alley cause sometimes ill block people trying to get by) and right after I was about to ask her how she made her helmet when suddenly she lifted it up, gave me a glare and said to "go away, I was here first". So much for thinking I was going to make another friend :\
Last edited by Arcanexalchemist on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: im a horrible speller
veeb
I'm new!

Post by veeb »

I saw one guy ask a cosplayer if she was Lady Gaga, when she wasn't. I felt bad for her, that's just ridiculous.

I was the cardboard robot giving out lollipops to people. I had one person talking about how they wanted to put their **** in the box. I know it's a common-ish joke, but ffs. I've also encountered people who pretend to touch where the crotch/butt would be. Thankfully my fiancee tells them to back off. It makes me very uncomfortable and I'm not always able to talk loud enough, move away, or even see what's happening. There's a person inside, please be considerate. I doubt people would do this to someone in a regular outfit. :|

There were also people coming back for extra lollipops. I can understand this more, but still~ Don't come back right away (and more than two times!), it's not really fair to other people. If you ask, I might have given you an extra one.
SlAyErPaTh
Dedicated Poster

Post by SlAyErPaTh »

Only thing I have to complain was about how reckless some cosplayers are with RPing as trying to 'takedown' a bailiff who's using his laptop is very bad idea.
Shinden
Veteran Poster

Post by Shinden »

I avoid being in character as much as possible when cosplaying. Most popular characters are just plain rude, and it's inconsiderate to act like that.

Any groups that were exceptionally rude?
2012: I, Otaku
2013: off
2014: An Introduction to Kill La Kill
2015: Beyond Honnouji
2016: Japanophile's Guide to Boston, Nippon wo Mamore
2017: All About the Imperial Family
2018: Contrasts of Tezuka
Mava

Post by Mava »

A friend of mine apparently was talking with someone cosplaying a character from Tron when a group of people came sprinting out of nowhere, stole the disc off the back of his costume, and ran off. Apparently he didn't know the people and said that his friends had warned him that there would be people who would do that. :/ I just hope they returned it to him somehow afterwards, but in any case it seems like a rude thing to do without any warning or consent.
AB '19- Kikumaru (Prince of Tennis), Yohane (Love Live), Dave (Homestuck), Gai (Naruto)
AB '18- Kagome (Inuyasha), Yohane, Kikumaru
AB '17- Yurio (Yuri on Ice), Cyan (Show by Rock), Rin (Love Live), Yui (Fushigi Yuugi)
AB '16- Rin, John (BBC Sherlock)
AB '15- Asuka (Evangeleon)
AB '14- Asuka
AB '13- John, Kaidoh, Tohru (Fruits Basket)
AB '12- Madoka (Madoka Magica), Tohru
AB '11- Kaidoh (Prince of Tennis)
AB '10- Tohru
AB '09- Tohru
AB '08- Katara (Avatar)
FullmetalNinja

Post by FullmetalNinja »

[quote=tetsujin]Here's my pet peeve for the day:

This year, for the first time, we had a stroller with us and so I had to use the elevators instead of the stairs or escalators most of the time. But now and then it took a while to get a lift because other people were using it - people who I don't think actually needed it.

I know you can't always tell at a glance if someone is unable to use stairs or an escalator - however, it really seemed like the elevators were, at times, stuffed with (apparently) perfectly able-bodied people with no reason to be occupying the lift. So we had to wait.

So, please, if you don't need to use an elevator, don't use an elevator. It won't kill you to walk the 50 feet to get from the bottom of one escalator to the top of another.[/quote]

The thing is, on one of the days- an escalator was shut down and suddenly, it was like we doubled in numbers.
(Which, I suppose makes sense. There are always about 50 people or so on the escalators during peak hours and I guess that meant more people flooding the stairs and elevators.)

So I don't think it's really possible to make the elevators handicap/stroller only.

But...
I also DO agree that someone who CAN NOT use the stairs does indeed take priority over someone who can.
I think that's something we as attendees need to realize and apply to the way we carry on.
ginichimaru69
Determined Poster

Post by ginichimaru69 »

I'd say the weaboos were the worst this year than any other. i take a lot of time and energy to make my costumes. on saturday when i was just wearing some normal clothes i was in the elevator in the Marriott. I got on at floor 26, on floor 24 an FYE naruto cosplayer (if you can even call it that), no wig cap visible hair, obviously fye bought jacket and all, got on the elevator. At this point i am running on about 10 hours of sleep since thursday because i didn't sleep. He asks me who I am cosplaying as because i have my suit jacket and button up shirt for reno. I sarcastically respond with "I am cosplaying as Con-Zombie" which he responds with very seriously "Is that even a real character?" which i respond with "Yes", he then starts saying some random crap that nobody cares about, my blood started boiling at the sheer lack of brain power that this person had and instead of heading straight to the con headed straight outside to smoke a cigarette. I had a horrible weekend just due to the overall lack of energy people put into their costumes now a days. Well thanks for reading my rant, i hope to hell that next year gets better.
BakuPocky

Post by BakuPocky »

Erg. I had a group of girls in front of me during the Girugamesh concert who stood on their chairs to dance, and I had to move up to the row in front of them to even see. And when the people in the next row after the one I'd just vacated yelled at them to get down so they could see, they got all uppity about it. At least two of them started telling each other about how everyone behind them was rude and were all sorts of profane names.

It was sort of ridiculous, really. Like, honestly. Six rows of people behind them couldn't see, and yet the people who wanted to see were rude for telling them to get down?

(And then not even ten minutes later, staff started walking around and telling other people on chairs to get down, and I sort of lol'd inside.)
DS454

Post by DS454 »

I hope I was not Rude. If I was, It was for the safty of my dog. I know I told a few people no on photos cause her stress level was very high and me being a handler, I have to take her safty first. But we did try to take as many as we could! Thanks Everyone.
Aviflora
Determined Poster

Post by Aviflora »

I personally didn't have any problems with some of the people... Though, I do admit, I was quite disappointed with the "I <3 the 90's" panel. It was just a list of the different anime shows in the 90's and people cheering or booing. For an hour. Whee. :|

Unfortunately, my dear friends did have some sarcastic remarks said about them when in normal clothes. There was the occasional "Oh, what are YOU dressed as?" in the elevators, etc. I never got any of that (I didn't dress up), but what in the heavens name could spark something so rude? Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they are better than anyone else. Ho hum.
AB '07 - Myself <3
AB '08 - Orihime Inoue [Bleach]
AB '09 - Miwako Sakurada [Paradise KISS]
AB '10 - Did not attend :C
AB '11 - Myself
AB '12 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '13 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '14 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]

AB '15 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '16 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '17 - Season 4 Ruby Rose [RWBY],
Yennefer [Witcher 3]
Sayu

Post by Sayu »

I never ran into a rude cosplayer but a rude person. On Friday there was a bajillion people in front of the K-pop booth and I was slowly edging my way to the front to see what they hadand once a spot opened some girl behind me pushed me to get there. And her friend said she cut someone and she said she knew and gave me a look, so I just glared at her until she left, being the typically quiet person I am; I didn't say anything but I should have.. >.<

Caesar
Expert Poster

Post by Caesar »

I wonder if it was the same guy... Well nice to know I wasn't the only one. As I recall, he wasn't in costume, he was probably jealous.
"Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings." Horace
whyjigglypuff

Post by whyjigglypuff »

this isnt about a cosplayer...or even someone attending the con... but sunday morning at around 7 I was outside of the sheridan having a cigarette and witnessed a noncon guest of the hotel physically assault a cosplayer. it was unexpected to say the least.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

[quote=whyjigglypuff]this isnt about a cosplayer...or even someone attending the con... but sunday morning at around 7 I was outside of the sheridan having a cigarette and witnessed a noncon guest of the hotel physically assault a cosplayer. it was unexpected to say the least.[/quote]

There was this b**** who said to us "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE" when she got in the elevator as we were heading to our room and she wasn't part of the con either. Hate it when people act rude for no reason.
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=whyjigglypuff]this isnt about a cosplayer...or even someone attending the con... but sunday morning at around 7 I was outside of the sheridan having a cigarette and witnessed a noncon guest of the hotel physically assault a cosplayer. it was unexpected to say the least.[/quote]

What?..... What the hell happened after that?....

I swear to God people these days...

Also on the not of that Lady Gaga thing, I think I heard someone say it as I was leaving the Hynes and passing infront of the Dunkin Donuts right there. I agree, plain rude.

I myself also hope I wasn't rude. I may have asked for a picture and what not, and sometimes, I wouldn't talk like saying thank you or anything, because in many cases, my voice would ruin my character. Instead, I would bow, or shake my head and smile if I could. I know that would probably be considered rude, but none meant by it.
whyjigglypuff

Post by whyjigglypuff »

haha well it turned out that the noncon guest was extremely drunk. it also turned out that people attending cons don't take kindly to being called names and then being hit in the face. so he fought back... and won. the man ran into the hotel... the kid attending the con talked to security and didn't even want to press charges.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Oh, that is awesome. :)... Props to that con goer. Some might think cosplay and such is stupid, but screw with the wrong person, and you could wake up either wondering what happened, or wake up infront of pearly gates on a white fluffy ground.
ThePrince

Post by ThePrince »

I considered myself lucky on this run at AB and didn't really run into anyone that I conceived to be disrespectful or rude. I was actually able to interact with all con goers and non con goers with relative ease (especially the Boston Police Department).

However I do want to take this opportunity to issue an apology. I did deny several people photo's during Friday and Saturday. Several people were quite disappointed and argued with me but my costume gets really hot. Please understand, it is not my intention to make anyone upset but I have to look after myself as well.
JustDK
I'm new!

Post by JustDK »

I have been going to Anime Boston for a few years now. Me and my gf usually get a hotel room for friday and saturday night and we never dress up. What I've noticed over the years is that for the most part, Con Attendee's aren't really that rude(Annoying Marco Polo stuff is to be expected) to us at least. I've never had people harass me for not dressing up or anything like that, but we usually just keep to ourselves and do our own things while at the con. I don't ask people for pictures or anything like that, i just see the cosplay as i walk by and that's pretty much all i get out of it. I dunno if it's the way i look, since im Asian with spikey hair, and i guess you could say a tough demeanor, so that could be why i've never seen anyone specifically act rude towards us.

As i read through this topic, i also noticed that some people complained about non con attendee's and how some of them were quite rude, if not worst. You guys have to also realize that for the non con attendee's whom were staying at the sheraton that weekend, especially the family people, they would have considered probably 75% of the con attendees to be rude. I was on the 29th floor this year so i was stuck in the elevator a lot and i saw alot of things that irked and irritated the family people with their kids. Things like random music in the elevator, swearing, hands roaming(yes you know what i mean), and the usual drunken behaviors at night. I had no problems with most of these stuff since i expected them and could care less, but non con attendee's probably suffered just as much as some of you guys, if not alot more.
bigfluffypillow
Experienced Poster

Post by bigfluffypillow »

Next year I will bring a bucket of water. If you are text-walking into people or stopping the flow of traffic I will take your phone and throw it in said bucket. 'nuff said.

Also, if you are waiting to hop on the elevator, please move and make room for the people getting OFF. I have no qualms about running over more feet with my swap meet roller next year, either.

Oh, and hallways on quiet block are not a party central.
Graceasaur
Experienced Poster

Post by Graceasaur »

The only rudeness I encountered was when I was having a professional photoshoot and random people kept walking up to take pictures of me while I was posing which was fine (even though no one asked me first. There was at least 12-14 of them over 2 hours. I didn't mind that, but I know some people do) but three people actually walked right in front of my clearly visable photographers, took out their cameras and took a picture and walked off without a word while my photographers stood off to the side. I couldn't say anything because I was holding poses and faces and breaking them would just interrupt what we were doing even further. I just thought that was really rude to get in the way and not even say a word to the cosplayer. (I was Grell Sutcliff in the Sheratin if anyone saw me during those two hours.)
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

Eh, I tend to forgive and forget or give the benefit of the doubt. After all, we can't all be expected to be rays of effin sunshine all the time. Remember that there were 19,000+ people from all different walks of life/backgrounds crammed into a single convention center and mall.

And for every mean or rude cosplayer, for every attention seeker and jack wagon, there's at least ten more who are warm! Friendly. Accommodating.

I was Ghost from Modern Warfare 2 and I was rockin it hard with my dollfie Aerica. There were some people pointing and laughing and you know, I don't care. Haters gonna hate, gators gonna gait. That shiz will happen and you just got to roll with it.
Rath

Post by Rath »

I was in the group of magnet vocaloid that was in the masquerade on Saturday. I was SHOCKED at how rude some people were. It was our second time at anime Boston and our first time performing in the masquerade and the room was FULL we were nervous and intimidated but we ended up winning first place in the novice division which we all believed to be a huge accomplishment for us all after tedious hours of practice. Not too much later our video was posted and we all got trolled so hard it's disgusting. Acparadise had to remove half of the comments because of their vulgar comments about our weight and sexuality. Dresses, especially the dresses we were wearing were layered with at least five different fabrics to give it the effect we wanted, and our rin cosplayer was wearing a seven layer prom dress. I was just shocked that people would say things like that in a cosplay community I believed to be extremely accepting.

I know I shouldn't take it too hard, especially since it's all online, but it makes you wonder what people were saying while we were on stage and killed a lot of my groups confidence to participate in the masquerade next year...
Con Attendee since 2007 & Member of The Phoenix Quartet
https://www.rathcosplay.tumblr.com
2013 Cosplays:
Thursday: Undecided
Friday: Sailor Neptune - Sailor Moon
Saturday: Fai - Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
Sunday: Matt - Digimon
hardcopy
I'm new!

Post by hardcopy »

The only rude people I ran into where the people from the mall itself when we were walking around. My friend got hurt and passed out, and when my other friend tried to help her, she asked if anyone else can, but all the regular people were just walking by and assuming she was drunk. She must of slipped from her shoes but she's fine now.
KingPads
Expert Poster

Post by KingPads »

[quote=Rath] I was in the group of magnet vocaloid that was in the masquerade on Saturday. I was SHOCKED at how rude some people were.[/quote]

I saw the skit, and I am glad you guys won, you were great!

On a similar note, we had a group of loud mouths behind us at hentai dubbing that kept talking crap about people who got picked, it was really irritating.
ro_buddi
Expert Poster

Post by ro_buddi »

I liked the Volcaloid Masq skit, even though I don't like Vocaloid. You guys were super cute! We watched from backstage way before you(I was part of Depressing Pictures Skit), and it was well, cutesy!
miaka_yuki

Post by miaka_yuki »

i wanted the i <3 the 9o's panel to be so much better!
the 9o's was the golden era for anime. for me anime now can never really match up with it during the 9o's.
but it sucked. i'm not sure what i was looking for.
i wished it was more about old school fandom.
like getting fansubs and how your parents wondered why there were so many naked ladies in all your favorite new things [ranma, tenchi ... any manga].

and dude as for cosplays believing their better then people that just don't want to dress up. that's so annoying. plus chances are they are dressed up FMA or naruto.
its sorta like buying the cool costume during halloween. batman begins... we are all batman characters. austin powers came out and looked what happened.

it's sorta like that.

turpentiney
Veteran Poster

Post by turpentiney »

Three things really irked me:
On Saturday, while on line for Brina's autograph, I had this guy in front of me saying things like, "In one show she was in, she had to make orgasm noises and her brother was the director and she had to make noises like she was having an orgasm" And if that wasn't enough, I was tramatized by that (Remember people! The people who look older, may actually be fourteen years old) he had NO respect for my personal space. I mean there was plenty of room in front of him, but when he turned around to talk to someone else about the orgasm noises (I had this "O____O" look on my face that prolly made him turn around) he was backed completely into me, so much I had to turn to the Grell behind and was like "I'm so sorry ;A;" And then my dad came over and told the guy that if he continued to do that, he would personally knock the guy out. Thank you daddy ;A;
2) Saturday, at the Professional Shoot with Grace (she commented earlier) I didn't mind the people who stood BEHIND and took pictures when I was not in optimum panty-shot position. But at one point, I had to kneel on the ground (I was Ranmao, from Kuroshitsuji. Aka, REALLY short skirt), and the photographer was a girl and was gonna edit out any panty-showing, and this guy came over, looked me up and down, did a creeper smile, then took out his camera, I was like "I'm afraid of panty-shots ;A; please don't take a picture." He held the camera a little higher, said "Don't worry about it" and took the picture ;A; I was like, traumatized.

THIS ONE, left me scared and crying for the next hour.
3) I have no idea if this guy was attending the con or whatever, and I think one of you guys may have mentioned this, it happened in the parking area that you could get to from the Sheraton. It was sunday, and my dad was bringing down the bags and stuff to the car while I was at a panel, and my dad brought the dogs down to the car, they were going to stay in there for an hour so my dad could get the rest of the stuff, the guy at the counter for the garage said it was okay. So my dad has the car down there, from what my told me of the first encounter, the guy came up to my dad and started yelling, "What the hell?! You left your dogs in the CAR!? You probably left them there ALL NIGHT! No, ALL WEEKEND! What the hell is wrong with you! THAT'S ANIMAL ABUSE!" and my dad showed him the stuff stating how we had the dogs in the hotel room with us all weekend, since the sheraton allowed it. So he walked away, then my dad went to go get the rest of the stuff, the guy wrote something containing the "f word" on the back of our car. Then threatened to call the police on my dad. Then he called the police on my dad. My dad had to get me from the convention, grab our stuff, checkout and get back down to the car. But, I had to get changed out of my Lolita cosplay still, so my dad got out of the car to stand guard, and the guy from earlier came, I was still getting my pants on, so my dad was going to make sure no one came up to the car. So the guy charged at my dad, started circling around him, ran at him to throw another punch, but my dad knew I was in the car so major paternal instincts kicked in and he got the guy before he got to my dad. All the meanwhile, I was in the car bawling since the guy threw a punch at my dad, I opened the window and was yelling for someone to help my dad. ;A; it was so scary, and then the guy walked away, went to the desk and told the lady some poopy, and my dad came to the car to comfort me. The guy came up to the car, saw me crying and started laughing at me, giving us the middle finger and looking into the windows. The police came and let us go home, we don't know what happened to the guy, but I hope at least that his face hurts.
AB 14:
Armin Arlert
(進撃の巨人/Attack on Titan)
Mirai Kuriyama (境界の彼方/Beyond the Boundary)
Yui Komori (DIABOLIK LOVERS)
KingPads
Expert Poster

Post by KingPads »

Face hurt? I hope the guy got arrested on the spot... Multiple assaults and vandilism...
ErinErin
Expert Poster

Post by ErinErin »

My friend and I had a table in artist alley to sell her work. We'd been there all weekend as long as the room was open - Thursday set up until we finally broke it down Sunday afternoon. I knew the AB staff were frequently checking the artists badges of the folks behing the tables, which is fine and they were very polite about it. On Saturday night around 10pm though, someone came up to me at the table demanding to see my artist badge. She was very rude and talked to me like I was a clueless child (the one sided conversation went something like: "You need to have an artist badge to sit here, it looks like this, show me yours to me RIGHT NOW, if you don't have it get out!"). I was really put off and was about to complain to someone higher up on staff, but then I saw her go over to another table and sit down behind it- she wasn't even staff! Very rude!

As for non-attendees, I couldn't help laughing at check-in at the Sheraton. I reserved my room outside the con block so I was in the "non-anime" line for check-in. There was a family in line behind me totally confused about what was going on this weekend. The best part though was the daughter. She kept making comments like "how can these people be dressed like this?" and "they should be embarrassed to be out in public" hahaha. Most of the other hotel guests I talked to in the elevators were fine though. A lot asked questions and just wanted to understand what we were all doing there.
turpentiney
Veteran Poster

Post by turpentiney »

@ErinErin yeah, I'd say like, 99.99% of the non-convention people were really nice :D One lady stopped me and my dad asking what was going on, she took a picture of me x3 and her husband saw that guy from Dragon Ball Z, and was like "I wanna take a picture with Elvis :D"

@KingPads I think he got arrested/fined or something, since there were like, two police officers and security around him and he was like "LET ME AT EM!" the entire time .___. With this creeper smile on his face the entire time...
AB 14:
Armin Arlert
(進撃の巨人/Attack on Titan)
Mirai Kuriyama (境界の彼方/Beyond the Boundary)
Yui Komori (DIABOLIK LOVERS)