Is it me or..

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
Ikkimaru
Getting the hang of this...

Is it me or..

Post by Ikkimaru »

do you think the staff that handled the Masquerade tickets did a very well job last year with organizing it better? I noticed it and it was a lot better this previous year. Can't for next year :D
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Is it me or..

Post by pulsedemon »

heh You say that and I could tell you a bunch of ways I saw how we could do it better next time, since I'd helped distribute them.

It definitely seemed to work well. Well, to me, at least. I expect we'll plan to do something similar, but I don't think there's a solid plan yet.

Yet.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
Ikkimaru
Getting the hang of this...

Is it me or..

Post by Ikkimaru »

Well I definitely liked the idea of creating the lines for it. in 2009 i think it was just lining up for the masq and trying to get in as soon as you can.
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Is it me or..

Post by pulsedemon »

The basic idea was to try to help basically guarantee that you'd be able to get in and get a seat. I didn't get a chance to see it work in person at the door, but what we were hoping it would do is free up time for some people so that they could go to other events that everyone works hard organizing. Naturally, if you want to find a seat right up front or whatever, you'd probably have to put in more time waiting in a line, but if you're going to commit to that kind of a wait, there's probably nothing that'd be going on elsewhere that could drag you away.

I think also using Hall D as overflow, with the event simulcast, definitely helped in making sure everyone that wanted to see the event could at least do that much.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!