Feedback

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
eye
Getting the hang of this...

Feedback

Post by eye »

I don't see a specific forum or thread for feedback for 2010 (sorry, couldn't stay for the feedback panel), so feel free to move this or tell me where it should go.

I could write several pages on the situation Saturday morning at the Uematsu autograph session, but I know you guys have already gotten many complaint forms. That said, I was there from the beginning and can provide a detailed and unbiased report (with pictures!) on exactly what happened if any staffers are interested. Otherwise, I'll assume you already know everything about that debacle.

However, I do think the line issues at both autograph sessions, along with many other events, warrant a review of the line policy. The idea behind the current policy is admirable if nothing else; ideally people wouldn't have to worry about lines until right before an event, so they could have more time to enjoy the con itself. Unfortunately this breaks down in the real world, which I think you've noticed first-hand. Getting an autograph is of varying importance to all attendees, and if that importance crosses a certain threshold, they will wait, whether in line or out of line. Some people paid their $40-50 only for an autograph and nothing else, and the line policy isn't going to stop them from waiting around all day to make sure they get what they came for. Clearly trying to stop people from waiting is a losing battle, so the best choice is to simply organize the line the best you can from the beginning (the line Saturday morning was a good example of this before it was dispersed).

On a related note, I just want to recognize the staffer named Jon/John who was helping at many of the Uematsu-related lines. This guy was a hero to many people in that Saturday morning line, myself included, and he deserves all the praise in the world. If you're reading, I already said this, but THANK YOU.

Lines aside, my only other major complaint is regarding the screaming in the halls. I understand that the kids are there to have fun, and that they might randomly yell pretty loudly, and that's okay. However, the persistent yelling simply has to stop. Every time I heard "marco" and "polo" I came one step closer to walking out the door and not coming back. People who repeatedly scream in the halls are bothering everyone else, and should be warned and/or kicked out if they refuse to stop. As it stands, it annoyed me so much that I won't be returning unless this is dealt with somehow next year.