Once again, how do you feel now that it's over?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

It's like a tradition for me to start this topic :P

So how does everyone feel now that the weekend came and went just like that?

I don't feel that bad since I ran my first panel ever and it went very well, plus I took a whole bunch of photos and videos that I plan to upload. :)
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Liberator
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Liberator »

As it always does,
depressing ;_;
Anime Boston Cosplays
'04-'07 (???) Kankuro (for a few years anyways can't remember exactly).
'08 I honestly don't remember.
'09 ^ Same here.
'10 Soviet (Walked around with a big flag).
'11 Beggar (Legend of Zelda).
'12 VIETNAM BABY!
'13 Planning: Last Exile Cosplay
lolitzkin

Post by lolitzkin »

I feel depressed, as if all I was looking forward to for as long as I can remember was that con, which is now over. I tried rallying a support group for people who were feeling similarly, and we had a good thing going for like twenty minutes! Unfortunately they're all gone now and I'm all by myself, looking for AMVs on youtube and whatnot.

As always, though, i had a blast! I'm looking forward to next year already!
5th_Division_Captain
Veteran Poster

Post by 5th_Division_Captain »

Mixed feelings. It was a great con, but kinda "meh" this year because I ran into some issues on my way there (tailgated by New Yorkers halfway there then got a $200 speeding ticket for flooring it briefly to get away from them) and there was a bit of "drama" between some of my CtCon fangirls and AAC fangirls. Other than that and having only money for food & one or two goodies, it was a decent con!

It will be depressing because I likely will not be attending next year depending on:

1) Where I am - If I get a job outside of New England, I probably can't or won't attend.

2) Financial situation - If I'm still broke or haven't made much money by next year, I won't be able to go.
Jewl chan
Experienced Poster

Post by Jewl chan »

I had an amazing time at the con quite possibly the best yet. I sold a lot of things and got the best toys ever!
the con was amazing as always i just felt so at home and happy there, and i am sad to return to the real world after being at such a wonderful place.
I am tired sad but also content and happy. I'm already counting down till next year!
Faolan
Expert Poster

Post by Faolan »

::blink:: its over? I can feel my feet again? No more taking of signs and adjusting of lines? 0.0 Darn. Till next year! Perhaps there needs to be a re-launch of the boston common anime gatherings!
Mettool

Post by Mettool »

Knowing that I have to wake up at 7 AM tomorrow for class makes me wish I could've just stayed an extra night.
where_is_carmen

Post by where_is_carmen »

A little sad. I had a lot of fun when I was there. This is one of the better cons I have been to and people were so friendly.

I regret that I did not meet more people. I don't feel like I walked away with con friends with year, which makes me feel like I missed out a bit.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

Same here, I hate the fact that I gotta get up for school tomorrow. X_X
Mike Sweeney

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

animefan54

Post by animefan54 »

:( per usual. my gf and i took one of my friends for her first con and she liked it. another con another sad feeling.
PockyPham
Experienced Poster

Post by PockyPham »

[quote=Liberator]As it always does,
depressing ;_;[/quote]
^This.
D:
Cirno The Ice Fairy
Expert Poster

Post by Cirno The Ice Fairy »

I died a little when it was over. ;~;
danim
AB Alumni

Post by danim »

This is the first year I was able to stay past noon on Sunday ^_^

However, that meant I watched everyone take down the signs and watch everything close up for good. ;_; It made me sad.

The weekend always goes by so fast!!! I look forward to it all year (especially the months from Jan-April) and then poof!

But, at the same time, my feet are blistered and swollen and I probably couldn't have done more time in the shoes I had for my costume. They weren't great as far as fitting and comfort goes. Plus I was out of money lol. So, I'm very sad it's over, but I couldn't have stayed longer!
Random_Otaku
Expert Poster

Post by Random_Otaku »

My feet still hurt, but it was worth it.
thewhimsywizard
AB Alumni

Post by thewhimsywizard »

it was my first year, and I had alot of fun...I regret not talking to people though...I was to shy, but I so wish I had made awesome new friends like everyone else did :3

I'm really sad to be back home...I cannot eait until next year~!
Kara (Kai) Marston
Creative Technical Staff
xXmisamarasanXx

Post by xXmisamarasanXx »

Im soo depressed D: i had so much fun this past weekend i didnt want it to end!! >.<
i wish highschool were more like anime boston ;___;

but anyways i did have alot of fun and i got to do the things i planned on doing like seeing MyM live and getting her autograph :3

i feel sad she has to go back to japan ;___;
animegirl28
Experienced Poster

Post by animegirl28 »

I'm really sad, actually. :( I feel sort of empty now that it's over. It was so much fun and now reality sets backs in and I have to go back to school. I don't know what I'm going to do. I wish Anime Boston didn't come only once a year. I wish it came twice a year- that way it would still be a big and special event, but not as long a wait.
ProjectCur

Post by ProjectCur »

I'm actually really sad that it ended. Everyone there was/is just so nice, and then I go back home and to school, where everyone is so judgmental and always has to make a comment. I feel the people at Anime Boston are a better family than my actual one. I cannot wait till next year.
AB 2013
White Cloak (Journey)
Larxene ( Kingdom Hearts)
L4D Survivor (?) (Left 4 Dead)
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Post by ninja_girl21 »

i want more mmmmm yay
i been going to anime boston since 2004
ErinErin
Expert Poster

Post by ErinErin »

I was totally blown away by anime boston this year. The last time I attended was in 2006 and it was only for a day, and this year was infinitely better. The only issues I had were not being able to get into a couple panels due to them being in rooms too small to accomodate everyone but that's nothing compared to the headaches I've had at other conventions. Now I'm just exhausted, my travel to and from Boston was a bit stressful and I didn't make it back home until 2:30 this morning. Ouch
Oni-Chan

Post by Oni-Chan »

i feel terrible!! i came to school today all decked out and the looks i got were terrible!! but thats okay!!! i had an amazing time and i woke up this morning yearning to go back!!! i cant wait for next year! though im planning on going to some in between. but yes i feel very depressed and back to not fitting in lol. XD i'll just go watch and play with and love that i got at anime boston!
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

I feel like a little part of me just died T^T Okay maybe not that bad, but I'm still really sad! The post-con depression has finally set in...
Vulcan
Determined Poster

Post by Vulcan »

I feel like I have no purpose now lol. No more costumes to currently work on, no props to build. I'm going to start call it missaconventionitis! XD
AB2016
Jacob Frye: Assassin's Creed-Syndicate

Cosplay Page: https://www.facebook.com/SteeleRevolution/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/SteeleRevolution7
Record
I'm new!

Post by Record »

It's hard going back to a reality where not everyone is amazingly awesome, so I always feel sad for awhile when it's over. I feel happy because of the stuff I bought and the people I met, though. :D

...Also, my feet hurt.
Byoon
Experienced Poster

Post by Byoon »

I tried my best to enjoy it, but... none of the groups who were going to travel around with me ended up wanting to so i was alone 99% of the time... not too fun.. =[ I kinda lost interest, and came to the conclusion that you need to have a good group of non-flaking anime friends or else you're going to feel invisible...
Adiemus

Post by Adiemus »

Even though the weekend was full of sweets and other unhealthy things, I still lost just over 5 pounds from all the walking. Complained a lot, but in the end, the limping from blistered feet and bruises from my constant klutz moments was a good pain. Like surviving another Anime Boston is just one more thing that makes you stronger and coming back for more.

Makes me sad that AB'11 is still over a year away.
Ratikal

Post by Ratikal »

This was the first con I ever been to, and man was it an experience. I've never felt so "at home" ever. Having to go back to school where you feel a bit left out kind of gets to you :x.

I seriously cannot wait for next year and since I'll be 19, I'll be able to do a LOT more stuff. I may even go to Connecticon next...
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

I feel drained.
4 hours sleep may work once, a stretch twice... but 3 days straight? Painful!
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Moose

Post by Moose »

I feel absolutely thrilled that i went and glad i had so much fun there, saw so many cool things, and met so many great people. My first con, and one of the best times of my life ^^
ZenErik
Veteran Poster

Post by ZenErik »

I always loathe going back to reality after a convention or any vacation. Working again = meh. :(

Still readjusting and re-hydrating. I forget to eat and drink much when I'm occupied. Drank almost a gallon of water yesterday.
mysteria
Experienced Poster

Post by mysteria »

[color:purple]I'm sad that it's over. I had so much fun and now it's back to reality.Bleh. There's nothing special about going back to school. Now all I have to look forward to is a research paper and a few tests and quizzes(sad face). Good thing spring break is coming up. I'm going to miss all of the cool costumes and awesome cosplayers I got to meet. Well, all we can do is wait for next year. Hope to make it. Thanks to everyone who made the convention as special as it was. ^-^[/color]
AB 2009: Tenten
AB 2010: Momo Hinamori ( I won't lie, I do regret this one)
AB 2011: Sebastian Michaelis
AB 2012: N. Italy
AB 2013: Korra
AB 2014: Edward Elric
AB 2015: Ashitaka
AB 2016: Raven
Roessen
Veteran Poster

Post by Roessen »

I'm a little disappointed, though it's of nobody's fault but my own.
I PLAY GW2 DO YOU PLAY GW2 LET'S TALK GW2 STUFF YAY
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9087-3096
NNID: Roessen
PM if you added me!
Doxie

Post by Doxie »

I have mixed feeling this year. Which kinda shocks me because every other year I go home super excited and pumped on anime and this year I feel like I missed out on a lot though I went everyday and stayed from like 8am till 12pm
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

I felt the same way, for some reason I didn't get all pumped up as much compared to 06-09. It was still fun though, but next year hopefully there will be some sort of event/voice actor that will pump me up for the 2011 convention.
Mike Sweeney

FromZeroToHero
Experienced Poster

Post by FromZeroToHero »

I wish I had gone earlier, so much earlier, so that I could of gone to more panels, met more people, built more repertoire.

Next Year, NEXT YEAR!!!!!
InvaderFlak
Expert Poster

Post by InvaderFlak »

Bittersweet. For me, it depends on how many plans don't fall apart. This year my usual crowd didn't come along due to family things, so I couldn't hang with them. However, I got to go to some panels that would interest me, rather than compromising. I got into the masquerade balcony, and my costume turned out good this year. I regret not cruising the halls more, because I've only found like, 3 photos on the net NOT taken by me so far.

I just hope everyone can make it next year.
penwhale
AB Alumni

Post by penwhale »

Need. More. Con.

When's the next con that I can go... :d
Chin-Yu "Henry" Chen
2011~16 - Registration Staff
2007, 2009, 2010 - Attendee
Cosplays:
2010 - Scout (TF2), Red Mage (FFXI)
2011 - William T. Spears (Kouroshitsuji / Black Butler)
2012~2014- Koutaro (Rewrite), William T. Spears
2015 - Koutaro, Kirito (Sword Art Online - Aincrad ver.)
2016 - Koutaro (only for Formal Dance)
T I G G E R

Post by T I G G E R »

I've been going to AB since 2005, but I skipped AB 09, so I was wicked excited to come back. The convention was more fun than I remember it being. Once I had to leave, I felt wicked disappointed, because these things only happen once a year, and I had nothing to look forward to, except AB 11. :C
Team Magikarp
Expert Poster

Post by Team Magikarp »

I almost cried honestly. All those beautiful people. But I knew next year when i make my return I will be bigger, faster stronger MAGIKARP 2.0. Also I will evolve for my fans!
mysteria
Experienced Poster

Post by mysteria »

[color:purple]Well it's been one week since the con and I think almost everyone can agree it has been a hard week. Being back in our normal lives isn't nearly as fun. I know I've been sad all week. Man, I don't think I can make it a whole year plus until AB 2011.[/color]
AB 2009: Tenten
AB 2010: Momo Hinamori ( I won't lie, I do regret this one)
AB 2011: Sebastian Michaelis
AB 2012: N. Italy
AB 2013: Korra
AB 2014: Edward Elric
AB 2015: Ashitaka
AB 2016: Raven
penwhale
AB Alumni

Post by penwhale »

[quote=T I G G E R]I've been going to AB since 2005, but I skipped AB 09, so I was wicked excited to come back. The convention was more fun than I remember it being. Once I had to leave, I felt wicked disappointed, because these things only happen once a year, and I had nothing to look forward to, except AB 11. :C[/quote]

Been going since 07, skipped 08 since I had no transportation.

I've always enjoyed the con - especially the formal ball.

Too bad that Connecticon is a bit far for people in the Boston Area (it's a shorter drive for me relatively speaking!), or I'd love to reunite with people there.
Chin-Yu "Henry" Chen
2011~16 - Registration Staff
2007, 2009, 2010 - Attendee
Cosplays:
2010 - Scout (TF2), Red Mage (FFXI)
2011 - William T. Spears (Kouroshitsuji / Black Butler)
2012~2014- Koutaro (Rewrite), William T. Spears
2015 - Koutaro, Kirito (Sword Art Online - Aincrad ver.)
2016 - Koutaro (only for Formal Dance)
AshHollaaaaaa

Post by AshHollaaaaaa »

yea im sad it was over cause it was my first con but its fun tracking people down on this site and facebook and looking at pics and telling stories and stuff i cant wait for next year
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

I guess it took a week for me for post con depression to settle in. It seems like I feel bad now that it's over (I'm still trying to find video of my panel too) and knowing how quickly time can pass.
Mike Sweeney

T I G G E R

Post by T I G G E R »

[quote=Penwhale][quote=T I G G E R]I've been going to AB since 2005, but I skipped AB 09, so I was wicked excited to come back. The convention was more fun than I remember it being. Once I had to leave, I felt wicked disappointed, because these things only happen once a year, and I had nothing to look forward to, except AB 11. :C[/quote]

Been going since 07, skipped 08 since I had no transportation.

I've always enjoyed the con - especially the formal ball.

Too bad that Connecticon is a bit far for people in the Boston Area (it's a shorter drive for me relatively speaking!), or I'd love to reunite with people there.[/quote]

Connecticon isn't that far. I live in NH, which is farther from CTCon than MA, and I'm driving up there in the summer for it. :D
Rhymenkyo

Post by Rhymenkyo »

I feel like I should be depressed but I'm not... It lasted for like a day but then went away...

Maybe it was because I only went for Friday and Saturday due to Easter being on Sunday.. (Anyone go that day? Was the attendance big?) Or maybe its that I''m probably going to PortCon... Either way I feel like I should still be depressed like last year but im fine :/
LordHoKage
Expert Poster

Post by LordHoKage »

Awww lol like it's time to get ready again lol time to lose that weight lol
infjeff
Experienced Poster

Post by infjeff »

I was pretty bummed for a few days after the con. The real world is such a different place! I'm still missing the awesome feeling of being surrounded by my fellows.
Salith
Obsessed Poster

Post by Salith »

I was a bit sad a few days after the con but right now I'm just back into my normal everyday routine. I know it will start again in a bit after I'm done with school for the semester.
maikyaera
Experienced Poster

Post by maikyaera »

It was my first con, so I wasn't prepared to be exposed to this huge amount of awesomeness so I'm pretty much going through withdrawal. I keep thinking about it and what I should've done differently and how I should've acted and I keep planning future cosplays.. and I get really sad whenever I think about it :(