Most embarrassing moment of this year?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
Cirno The Ice Fairy
Expert Poster

Post by Cirno The Ice Fairy »

What was the moment of AB2010 that embarrassed you the most?

Mines kinda embarrassing (obviously) but I glomped Saturn yesterday. xP I felt so embarrassed that I couldn't control myself so I apologized a bit after. OH WELL I got a photo anyways :'3

So what about you? You don't have to post it if you don't want to, but it is interesting. xP
BombermanFanatic
Experienced Poster

Post by BombermanFanatic »

A friend of mine physically threw me in the middle of a Hare Hare Yukai, which I hadn't done in months and was totally unprepared for ( not to mention the moves were ones that I was unfamiliar with anyway.)
bxdarkangel
Expert Poster

Post by bxdarkangel »

gettin stopped from breaking in the dance >.<
several times.....kinda embarrassing, but moreso annoying. lol.
maikyaera
Experienced Poster

Post by maikyaera »

I went to the Hetalia photoshoot on Friday and I totally failed at posing. Plus it was really windy so my hair's probably a mess in all the pictures..
oh and some princess (I don't know who it was, but it was on Saturday night in an elevator) asked if she could hug me and I turned her down... I'm so sorry I was being mean T.T
tshahi10
I'm new!

Post by tshahi10 »

mine was not being close to be able to dance in the starlight ball. Also, not having courage to ask any of the girls.

i was uchiha sasuke btw
Ponyta
Expert Poster

Post by Ponyta »

Today, my friend dressed in many Pikcachus and I were interviewed by a very animated and funny guy, and I looked and sounded like such a moron. Not sure what it was for though..
..except in bed.
TheNerdyFeminist
Veteran Poster

Post by TheNerdyFeminist »

. . . I walked into the men's room by accident
Awesomest
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Awesomest »

I don't have an embarassing moment, but my boyfriend was dressed as Mugen and had no padding on the bottom of his wooden samurai shoes that he made....

He slid AAAAAALLLLLLL the way down the ramp towards the entrance of the convention center. And got many weird looks xD

Sooo he just put on flip flops instead...hahaha.
5th_Division_Captain
Veteran Poster

Post by 5th_Division_Captain »

I can't say this is embarrassing, but if I cared, it would be lol.

Making out with the bankai Zabimaru during friday's Bleach photoshoot! Oh, and the Bleach orgies too!!!!
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Post by NobiZero »

Was outside at the Batman photo shoot for a while and was asked for a picture. Didn't notice my Arc Reactor was nearly dead, and only 1 LED was on. >_<#
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Rushing out of my hotel room, forgetting my badge and wallet with my hotel card in it, so I had to sit outside of my hotel room for an hour before my friends came back, crossplaying.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Atree
Determined Poster

Post by Atree »

Racing with my "teammates" down a supposedly empty hallway at approximately 11:45 PM on Saturday, on my broomstick, in Ravenclaw quidditch team cosplay.

Then promptly getting caught by a Marik and a Mai cosplayer.

However, I REGRET NOTHING.
AB 2015:
- Naoko Satomi - The Wind Rises (Friday)
- Lin - Spirited Away (Saturday)
- Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6 (Sunday)

Past: AB 2008 -- present
(Studio Ghibli, Fairy Tail, Pokémon,
Ravenclaw quidditch, Dalton Academy,
Professor Layton, Sfeer Theory,
Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
Mettool

Post by Mettool »

Had the handle of my prop weapon snap off while posing for a picture.
Bluebeard45
Expert Poster

Post by Bluebeard45 »

I don't have any for myself this year, but someone elses moment was one of the funniest parts of the convention. During the HUGE "Bad Anime, Bad" panel, one of the attendees asked a question that went something like "If the characters were in Europe at the beginning, how did they end up in Germany at the end?"

To which the panel replied, "You... do know where Germany is, don't you?"

I was laughing about that one all weekend. Sorry man :)
lolitzkin

Post by lolitzkin »

[quote=Bluebeard45]I don't have any for myself this year, but someone elses moment was one of the funniest parts of the convention. During the HUGE "Bad Anime, Bad" panel, one of the attendees asked a question that went something like "If the characters were in Europe at the beginning, how did they end up in Germany at the end?"

To which the panel replied, "You... do know where Germany is, don't you?"

I was laughing about that one all weekend. Sorry man :)[/quote]

LOL! That's a good one, man!

This wasn't embarassing so much as frustrating. I left my hotel room at 1 AM I was just like "why would I need my wallet, I'm not buying anything." I find some of my friends at an 18+ panel, so I join them in line and we make our way into the room. I get to the door and the guy's like "show me your card." So I point to my badge several times before he clarifies that he means ID...

SO, I sprint back to The Hilton, ruffle through my crap delicately enough that I don't awake my sleeping roommates, and dash back to the panel. I was soaking in sweat and panting very hard. It wouldn't surprise me if people thought I was getting off or something. =P
reiji_kiryu

Post by reiji_kiryu »

Not as embarrassing as some of the other stories on here, but I kept kicking myself over not coming up with a good pose before the con.

This was the first time I put together a really successful cosplay and got a ton of photos, but I found myself feeling dumb after almost every one because I couldn't make up my mind.
Azira

Post by Azira »

Realizing I showed my crotch to 3,000 people and the internet.
Jezzy
Expert Poster

Post by Jezzy »

I saw two people cosplaying Ultimo and Vice from "Ultimo", and was so excited that I ran over and asked them for a hug. Ultimo was like "sure!" but the Vice was like "..." and I accidentally hugged them anyway. I hope he was just being in character and wasn't really mad at me. I'm usually more respectful/have more self control than that. Sadly, the excitement of seeing a couple of awesome cosplays of not-so-popular characters for the first time got the better of me.

Sorry for hugging without permission! >_<
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Mispronouncing "Kagome" (and not just once, apparently) in front of god-knows-how-many-people at the Cosplay Chess match.

And getting yelled at about it. Several times.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Mandolore
Experienced Poster

Post by Mandolore »

[quote=RebelArtemis] . . . I walked into the men's room by accident [/quote]

Were you the chick in the pink outfit and the sunglasses? I was in there and fixing my hair, and then some dude thought I was a chick because of my hair and went "Oh poopy I'm in the wrong bathroom" Then I looked at you and went "are you a chick or a dude?" lol
penwhale
AB Alumni

Post by penwhale »

Forgetting part of my red mage (Final Fantasy XI) outfit back in Rochester (aka 6.5hr driving away) so I couldn't pull a better presence.
Chin-Yu "Henry" Chen
2011~16 - Registration Staff
2007, 2009, 2010 - Attendee
Cosplays:
2010 - Scout (TF2), Red Mage (FFXI)
2011 - William T. Spears (Kouroshitsuji / Black Butler)
2012~2014- Koutaro (Rewrite), William T. Spears
2015 - Koutaro, Kirito (Sword Art Online - Aincrad ver.)
2016 - Koutaro (only for Formal Dance)
Shadow
Veteran Poster

Post by Shadow »

It was impossible for me to get embarressed, as all my antics were chalked up to Stitch's trademark insanity XD
Rox3l
Determined Poster

Post by Rox3l »

I literally ran into Greg Ayres while coming off the elevator Sunday afternoon but he was cool about it. Still didn't help me feel any less embarrassed ^^;
AB'13: Riven (League of Legends)
AB'14: Queen Elinor (Brave)
AB'15: Female Twisted Fate (League of Legends)
Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

[quote=Bluebeard45]During the HUGE "Bad Anime, Bad" panel,[...] I was laughing about that one all weekend. Sorry man[/quote]

:laugh:, I remember that.

Think the only thing I'd have to offer would be when my friend and I were going up a flight of stairs and I trip over my robe and fell over laying there for an awkward 3-5 seconds. Not fun, Dx.
Attendee since 2010, panelist since 2016.
Squee
Determined Poster

Post by Squee »

Er...my boobs fell out of my bathing suit in the pool on Thursday Night...

Um...I went to the formal ball alone, didn't have any idea how to dance, and the only person that asked me was a professional...because the other girls sitting near me told him to... .-.

Going to a random person's room to nap for two hours and waking up after seven hours to find several people in the room who didn't know who I was...awwwwkwwaaard..

Mandolore
Experienced Poster

Post by Mandolore »

[quote=Mountain Squee]Er...my boobs fell out of my bathing suit in the pool on Thursday Night...[/quote]

Where was I during this D: ?! I always miss the good stuff :<

[quote=Mountain Squee]Um...I went to the formal ball alone, didn't have any idea how to dance, and the only person that asked me was a professional...because the other girls sitting near me told him to... .-.[/quote]

Awwwwwwwwww, I would of danced with you if 1 I had a formal outfit and 2 I knew how to dance lol. Then again you wouldn't have looked terrible alone x3

[quote=Mountain Squee]Going to a random person's room to nap for two hours and waking up after seven hours to find several people in the room who didn't know who I was...awwwwkwwaaard..[/quote]

that is very...very...creepy...they could of been watching you sleep or something ._.
lolitzkin

Post by lolitzkin »

The Vice was just being in character. I saw him explain to someone that "Vice won't give hugs, but [IRL name] would." And then he took off his gloves and gave that person a big ol' hug. This was after the con was over though.
SavannahBanana13
Experienced Poster

Post by SavannahBanana13 »

I saw someone going as Jamie from Mythbusters and thought it was Adam, so I was like "Your Adam Right?". I felt so embarrassed when he corrected me.
2009 - Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
2010 - Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)
2011 - Erik (the Phantom of the Opera)
2012 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2013 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2014 - Tina Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

2015 possibilities
-Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann)
-fem!Izaya (Durarara)
-Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SavannahElizabethPaul
Twitter: @savannah_paul
Tumblr & Instagram: somechicknamedsavannah
Prez
Expert Poster

Post by Prez »

When I realized that you could see my hair all through the Hetalia photoshoot o///o
TAKANEnoHANA

Post by TAKANEnoHANA »

Most embarrassing moment... hmm... I didn't really have one, but I guess getting hit in the nose by the giant robot head that was being passed over the top of the dance on Saturday counts xD
LordHoKage
Expert Poster

Post by LordHoKage »

[color:red]Most embarrassing moment... The friday dance, after I was dancing with a kewl kid... I left the dance and then my friend came out and told me to fix the back of my skirt because it was up and my underwear and everything was showing >_<[/color]
Masterunleashed
I'm new!

Post by Masterunleashed »

Not embarrassing in the convention but I was gonna go home and I took the wrong train on the wrong ****ing side!!
Lincolne
Experienced Poster

Post by Lincolne »

You want train story's. I was going to pick up my Badge on Thursday and fell asleep on the train and missed my stop.
:!: Remember the horror of Anime Boston 2016 :!:
Red_Wolf
Experienced Poster

Post by Red_Wolf »

[color:purple]falling down the escalator in my simca outfit was always fun D:>[/color]
FarFromRedemption
Dedicated Poster

Post by FarFromRedemption »

Most embarrassing moment for me was out at the hetalia shoot friday when I slipped in some water and well down hard. I think I broke my Russia pipe when I hit the ground. I now have a nice mark to remind me that running to your friends in boots is not a good idea.
Potential Cosplays for 2022
Ban (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Archon Rex Lapis/Zhongli (Genshin Impact)
Nikaido (DoroheDoro) *maybe*
OneTBret

Post by OneTBret »

Either the fact that I left the boots for my Ezio costume in my dorm room, that is in New Haven an over two hour drive and I hitched a ride with a friend so I couldn't go back, thus I was forced to have a complete Ezio get up except for the fact that I was wearing sneakers. Lol.

Also, on Friday another Ezio tried to attack me, so knowing not what to do I ran at him and glomped him, I bit my lip so hard during that that it bled for a moment. All I could do was then run away awkwardly.

I was also in the Cosplay Court Case, I wasn't very good, nuff said.
Narcissism

Post by Narcissism »

I was in the cosplay court case. I had plans on just making a lot of noise. However, when I attempted to climb up on stage, the entire left half of my skirt's zipper popped. The costume lasted 9 hours, which was a lot more than I expected though!

Oh, and some little asian boy ran up to me and stuffed a dollar down my shirt while I was trying to highfive Reini Cosplayer!
lyraparry11
Veteran Poster

Post by lyraparry11 »

on the T on the way back home on thursday it was crowded (green line in downtown boston at 5pm... O.o). im rather short and light, and i couldnt really reach anything to hold onto as the train sped up. so im falling into my friend and i end up grabbing his chest and then my face slams into it as well, so it looked like i was kissing his chest. awkward...im just glad it was a male friend not a girls boobs...he and another (female) friend held my hands for the rest of that ride so i didnt fall again.
TheNerdyFeminist
Veteran Poster

Post by TheNerdyFeminist »

[quote=Mandolore][quote=RebelArtemis] . . . I walked into the men's room by accident [/quote]

Were you the chick in the pink outfit and the sunglasses? I was in there and fixing my hair, and then some dude thought I was a chick because of my hair and went "Oh poopy I'm in the wrong bathroom" Then I looked at you and went "are you a chick or a dude?" lol[/quote]

nope, that wasn't me. I was dressed as Germaine from Neurotically Yours, and as I was going to the bathroom someone complimented my cosplay, so I was distracted and wandered into the men's room, and someone behind me had to correct me >_<
ventspy

Post by ventspy »

for me it was being thrown out of the court case for "illgeal drugs." The action wasnt embarrsing but i grabed onto a man's kimono with out relising it and I felt bad >_<
Thalirin
Expert Poster

Post by Thalirin »

Hmm. P: I'm not sure if it was Friday or Saturday, but I was posing for a photo and just when the person took the picture, my wig fell off. XDD It was really funny, but quite embarrassing.
AB 2011 - Sync the Tempest (Tales of the Abyss), Kratos Aurion: Judgment (Tales of Symphonia)
AB 2012 - Kratos Aurion: Judgment (ToS), Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
AB 2013 - Jack Vessalius, Roy Mustang: Formal Version (Full Metal Alchemist)
AB 2015 - Milla Maxwell (Tales of Xillia 2)
everywhereXOXnowhere
Expert Poster

Post by everywhereXOXnowhere »

I spent all my money in Artist's Alley and the Dealer's Room (as always) but instead of doing it Sunday I did it Friday and Saturday so I had no money left for food... when I woke up on Saturday I ended up throwing up all over the bathroom >.< I'm grateful that my roommate didn't seem to mind too much, but I think I'm the only one that noticed that the cleaning lady really didn't clean very thoroughly...
'08- Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)
'09- Akita Neru (Vocaloid)
'10- Ahiru {duck form} (Princess Tutu)
'11- Hilda (Pokemon B/W)
'12- Pikachu (Pokemon)
Arakni666
Experienced Poster

Post by Arakni666 »

I forgot where I parked my car at three o'clock in the morning on Sunday, after the 18+ Hetalia panel. Luckily my friend didn't mind riding up and down in the elevator looking for it. I felt incredibly dumb, because the whole building was nearly empty. XD
Sachi
Experienced Poster

Post by Sachi »

Getting called back to the Ben & Jerry's register by my friend after forgetting to pay in front of a swarm of Japanese tourist girls. After trying to explain my horrid last-second cosplay to them. GAAAAH DON'T JUDGE ME, JAPAN. Dx
Lady Luna

Post by Lady Luna »

I would have to say my most embarassing moment was while trying to go up the stairs in my Sailor Moon outfit and ending up slipping and toppling over in a very undignified manner in my dress. What made it worse was that people thought I was posing, which is awkward.

Now that I think about it, I fell a lot in those heels and eventually took them off after getting numerous bruises.
Narcissism

Post by Narcissism »

Oh! I have another one!
I was cosplaying luigi, and my friend was playing as mario. We were eating lunch in a restaurant outside the con, and people kept on coming over and taking our pictures... Kinda rude for the non con-goers.
Franquita
Experienced Poster

Post by Franquita »

I forgot to bring bobby pins this convention, so keeping my wig in place was a big hassle. I went to the Vocaloid photoshoot on Saturday and didn't realize until AFTER the many group shots that my wig had slipped backwards and looked SUPER horrible! D: I fixed it for the later pictures, but still. I was saddened. T_T
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

i was thief rikku from final fantasy X-2 and i was walking about the dealers room trying to fix my bikini straps and i completely fell out of it, boobs and all.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus »

[quote=Kiarrens]Mispronouncing "Kagome" (and not just once, apparently) in front of god-knows-how-many-people at the Cosplay Chess match.

And getting yelled at about it. Several times.[/quote]
Aww, but you had a cold. Plus, you eventually corrected yourself, so it's all good in the end.

For embarrasing, I have a whole list to pick from: There's falling down at the Soul Eater photoshoot in front of everyone. Not having any poses prepared for Mikuru (I know I looked horrible to everyone that asked for a picture). Nearly screaming when I got my ass slapped. The few times my voice cracked on stage.
And anyone that did the Hare Hare Yukai... I feel embarrased for them.
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024
Serrovin
Determined Poster

Post by Serrovin »

[quote=Waldo] for me it was being thrown out of the court case for "illgeal drugs." The action wasnt embarrsing but i grabed onto a man's kimono with out relising it and I felt bad >__< :P
05'-Shadow Hunter(YuGiOh)
06'-Maes Hughes(FMA)
07'-Maes Hughes(FMA)
08'-Uryuu Ishida Quincy(Bleach)
09'-Xellos(Slayers)
10'-Uryuu Ishida school uniform(Bleach)
11'-Tobi/Obito/Akatsuki Orochimaru(Naruto)
12'-Kaji Ryoji(Evangelion)