Cosplayers Invade Boston Vol.4 (Pedestrian Reactions)

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

Since my cosplay looks like street clothes, Im used to not being the odd man out on the street...

but on Sunday, on Newbury St, I ran into a guy dressed JUST LIKE ME, right down to the same jacket. A congoer ran up to him, called him "The Doctor", he looked at her weird and I laughed, replying "a little bit to the left, darling."

it was hilarious, even he thought so.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
BedlamSandNin
Expert Poster

Post by BedlamSandNin »

On Friday morning I was in my Gaara costume and waiting for the green line to arrive. This woman with a suitcase approached me and asked "Why all the people in costume?" She had an accent and was obviously confused, so I explained to her that I was off to the convention. She and I had a nice little chat about anime and I explained to her that the convention happens every year. She seemed pretty interested and she thanked me for the explanation before catching her own train.

Also on the T, I overheard the little boy across from me tell his mother that "that boy has black around his eyes." I'm a girl, but I appreciated it anyways. XD
My Cosplays for 2012
Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony) - Thursday
Nezumi (No. 6) - Friday
Sebastian Michaelis (Kuroshitsuji) - Saturday
Gaara [casual] (Naruto) - Sunday
Tesh-chan
Experienced Poster

Post by Tesh-chan »

On Saturday I was in my Sailor Pluto cosplay on my way to the con from the Marriott. An old guy comes up to me and asks if today was mardi gras! All I said was "Nope!" and kept walking, but I should've educated him. XD
SilverGyrados
Getting the hang of this...

Post by SilverGyrados »

[quote=Dagger]I missed it, but apparently there was a woman who covered her son's eyes as me and my friend walked by as Scarlet Witch and Polaris from X-Men on Friday.

And on Saturday, there was a man in the parking garage who tried to avoid walking too close to me and actually got hit in the head by the gate as it came down. It was horrible but we couldn't stop laughing.[/quote]

I saw you guys (gals whatever) walking outside the main con area and you were getting alternating admiring and hostile looks. It was awesome.
Skanking_Pickle
Expert Poster

Post by Skanking_Pickle »

One woman asked why we were dressed up and I told her, a lot of teenage girls gave me and my friends odd stares to which I only went WHATEVER.

And the best reaction was a little girl who scrutinized me said "she was wearing a ty lee shirt!" I turned around and smiled and waved at her, she smiled back and I got the warm fuzzies.
Cosplay.com page- BlondieSundae
Deviantart- SkullsAndStripes
Cosplay Tumblr- The Cosplay Compendium
LordOnisyr

Post by LordOnisyr »

Saturday I was dressed as Ryuk and I was in an elevator with my friends, who were dressed as Light and Mello so I kind of stuck out more. This group of little girls with their parents are on the elevator with nametags saying they're with some kind of scout group. One girl, who couldn't have been older than seven or eight, sees me, gets this huge smile and her eyes go wide. She keeps on looking at me and turns to her mom saying "Mommy! That guy's from Death Note!"Her mom takes a photo of me and says "we got the movie on DVD and she loves it."

Second place to that and the ultimate compliment to a crossplayer: walking out of a ladies room dressed as Chief Yagami from Death Note (complete with suit and drawn-in mustache) and getting the nastiest looks from two women walking in, like standing back and glaring at me nasty. It was awesome :thumbup:
dog6611
Experienced Poster

Post by dog6611 »

I was cosplaying as Eddie Riggs, I had the big silver axe, and the guitar

I was sitting in the food court, just chilling when out of nowhere this guy comes he looked 16, 17 and he said, "Can i PLEASE get a picture of you?? You don't have to pose I just Have to take a picture of you, my brother loves brutal legend"

I told him ill pose anyways cuz that's what i do and he loved it, and like 5 ppl came and took pics when I posed.

It was fun
Arcanexalchemist

Post by Arcanexalchemist »

I was dressed as Pyramid Head. I went to the food court in an attempt to eat with my helmet on. As I walked towards the food court though I remember seeing this little boy say how I looked so cool and his little sister (guessing around 4 or 5) held her hand up for a high five so I gave her one. They were so adorable haha.
sollie

Post by sollie »

Had to go to Shaw's for food on Saturday, my friend and I didn't feel like changing out of costume.

He was Bridget.

It was like every person was staring at him. A few parents quickly moved their kids into another aisle, heh.
Outlaw Wolf

Post by Outlaw Wolf »

Every morning I had to get on 2 buses to get to the con so I was always out walking around the streets in cosplay. Several people gave me weird looks. When I found people staring at me, I just stared right back at them and they quickly looked away.

On several occasions I had to explain to some people what was with all of the people in costumes which was cool.

Once a bus driver told me "You know, your hair is green right?" and I was like "Yeah, it happens." and then I took my seat.

Another time with a bus driver, had a pretty good conversation about this thing. I told him about cosplay, about anime boston, actually the best thing was when he asked me "Do people make fun of you?" and I honestly answered him,

"Not really, most people just stay quiet or (I turned and there was a guy giving me a wtf look) just give me weird looks, like just now (he laughed). If they are making fun of me, I can really care less. This is my time to be weird. If anything, they're the weird ones for being normal."

The bus driver really started getting interested in it and appreciated the conversation.
TokuBreaker
Veteran Poster

Post by TokuBreaker »

then u obviously did the character justice by looking like him! lol
TokuBreaker
Veteran Poster

Post by TokuBreaker »

not so muhc a reaction as just funny, so me and my bud were walking the streets at like 3 am saturday morning cuz he was losing his voice, (there is somehting in the sheraton pool, cuz iwas losing it while in the pool but it didnt hit me till like yesterday, loss of voice) so we went to go to shaws for some cough drops, and on the way back we were gonna use the sky bridge to get back to the mall from the marriot well it was closed said the old black security guard. (that is in no way meant to be racist btw, he was a cool guy) . so then my friend asks if there's a bathroom he could use, (in a raspy voice) and the guard goes, "sure, pain 'n' mah ass!" my friend says "thank you very much, your a good man" to which he replies "yeah hehe well u dont know me very well now do you? ya'll should be paying me and not with yo pokymanz money either hehehe" i found it hilarious, u really need to like think of how he was saying it, like a cool southern black man who should be singin the blues or somehting, he was a cool guy though.
T I G G E R

Post by T I G G E R »

Since I went as Tigger, most people outside of the convention recognized me. Mostly little kids. Whenever I went to the foodcourt or the mall, I'd hear little kids yell "Tiggerrr!" or something along those lines, a few parents even wanted to take pictures of me with their kid. P: I got a lot of random high-fives from people in the mall, too.

And sometimes I would pass people in the mall, and I'd hear them singing the "wonderful thing about Tigger" song, which was awesome. xD
Superbus
Determined Poster

Post by Superbus »

[color:green]I was greenman non stop saterday and friday out in the mall. Many stares, horrid faces, and even more 'HOLY SH!T IT"S GREENMAN!"

Got a group photo with 4 lowerclassmen girls in the middle of the mall...which pissed my gf off.

=D[/color]
Pezzidge

Post by Pezzidge »

I love responses such as a few of the ones I have given out.

See, I was Demyx with a pretty decent Organization group if I do say so myself. Y'know the one, with the ridiculously awesome Xigbar, Xaldin and Larxene?

Well, we can all be pretty intimidating when in character (except for my doofus of a character), so we had alot of parents stopping us and asking just why we were dressed up. The easiest response, since most don't know what an anime convention is, is that we are attending a costume exhibition. Not entirely correct, but people tend to understand it better.

For funny responses, my favorites are when people ask me what's going on when I am in my full vinyl coat, and spikey mohawk, and I reply something akin to this: "Dude, I have no idea. I was wondering the same thing. We were just out, cause I needed to pick some things up at Saks Fifth, but then I find all these nerds running around." They generally get a good laugh at my response, which in turn tends to make me feel good that I could make someone smile.

My favorite this year was after the convention ended on Sunday, we were in Org gear still at the food court (around five pm)? And a few families were eating together, and a bunch of kids wanted to know why we were dressed up. We politely explained, they thought it was the coolest thing, and took pictures with us. x3
Saeran42
Experienced Poster

Post by Saeran42 »

I didn't venture out of the hotel/convention center area much since I didn't really need to other than through the mall to get somewhere, but I did have a reaction from someone that made my night.

On Friday, one of my prop weapons kept breaking. I also kept losing track of my friends, getting lost, couldn't get the camera to take not-blurry pictures, was sad that I missed a panel I wanted to go to, and to top it all off my weapon broke one last time at the VGO, and then my camera went missing and I thought it was stolen (THANK YOU to whoever turned in a red digital camera to the lost and found!). So I was going back to the hotel, alone, nearly in tears because things had been going WAY wrong the day before too, and I was holding my broken Shooting Star...and on the elevator some guy who wasn't going to the con kept looking at me, and after a moment he pointed to the (broken) weapon and said "That's SO beautiful...did you make that? And your outfit is so pretty." ..Compliments make me feel so much better. ^.^; Had a nice chat with them and the other people in the elevator about what was going on, explained to them what it was from, and they were really nice.

Other than that, mainly just stares and raised eyebrows. The usual. :p
Plans for 2019!
Ann Takamaki (masquerade art, Persona 5)
Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy VIII)
smorggie
I'm new!

Post by smorggie »

I was cosplaying as Necromancer Eve from Guild Wars (as shown in my avatar)

My favorite reaction was some dude on a cell phone walking quickly through the mall and he stopped for a second (still on the phone) and asked me what was going on and I said it's an anime convention. He stares at me with this perplexed look on his face and goes "Anime.....?" then walks away XD

Also I was walking and there was a lady standing there holding a little kid's hand, he must have been about 6 years old. He was just staring at me looking absolutely terrified, and I felt bad so I smiled at him and waved a little but he didn't move an inch so I just left him alone and kept walking lol

Another good one was there was this group of guys that obviously thought they were tough poopy standing in the mall wearing sunglasses (I fracking hate when people wear sunglasses inside, so stupid...) but as we walked by one guy was like "Yeah!! Represent the geeks!" and I said "Yeah! Cuz clearly we have a hell of a lot more fun than you do!" Who the frack enjoys standing around a mall all day... srsly...

In defense of the normies, I did have several people that were very nice ask me what was going on and many asked me to take a picture with them lol. I worked in retail for 4 years so I can be very friendly and charismatic which I think put a lot of them at ease. So entertaining though. This was my first time at Anime Boston, and I didn't know that I'd be walking through a public mall half the time but it certainly made for some funny stories XD
FarFromRedemption
Dedicated Poster

Post by FarFromRedemption »

I was wearing my Tamaki Suoh cosplay (I was Tamaki in the masq...the one who kissed Hikaru)Thursday night and I was wlaking to Fire + Ice to find my friends. A homeless man came towrads me looking for money and i kept walking. I heard him say "your a fancy little boy, bet you got lots of money." I ignored him. Then I heard him say.
"yeah keep walking fancy pants."
I snickered and reminded myself that I am a girl.

Friday I was in my Russia cosplay (the russia from the 18+ dating game and the chess match) Someone asked me for a picture and like a tue cosplayer I gave it. Then when they went to leave they said "thank you...sir."
I stood there until they left as soon as their back was turned I felt my chest real quick and said "nope still there." An italy standing next to me started laughing.
Potential Cosplays for 2022
Ban (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Archon Rex Lapis/Zhongli (Genshin Impact)
Nikaido (DoroheDoro) *maybe*
MisaMisaYagami

Post by MisaMisaYagami »

....Seriously? A seven/eight year old little girl watches Death Note?! I think there's something wrong with that. O_o

I was cosplaying Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura and lotsa little girls (including a couple older people) were like "oh, are you Sakura?" "8D Yes ah am! *insert smile here*"
lyraparry11
Veteran Poster

Post by lyraparry11 »

my friend (vincent valentine) and i (steampunker) were eating in the food court in the afternoon on friday and these two guys probably in their late 20s sit at the table next to us. after exchanging strange looks and whispering, one asks us whats going on. we explained that it was an anime con and he seemed to think we were the actual animators, not just fans. i corrected him and he laughed in our faces. he and his friend moved away.

i also had a middle aged woman ask me what it was on saturday when we were in line to order at panda express. she just listened and nodded.
grasping.at.pearls
Veteran Poster

Post by grasping.at.pearls »

[quote=Arakni666]Some businessman was walking towards the elevator in the garage on Friday morning at the same time as myself and my sister (cowboy America and Train Heartnet, respectively). He took one look at us without saying anything, then another, and then finally asked, "Are you going to that convention thing?"

I was glad he knew about it, but it seemed odd the way he asked, as if he was expecting us to say no. XD I don't usually go to the mall dressed as a cowboy, mister.[/quote]

dude. i didn't see you in Cowboy!America but I saw you in Artist Alley as Punk!England and got really excited but I couldn't stop you to ask for a picture since I thought my camera was lost. (it was in my bag.) must remember to give future cosplays some pockets ^^U

When I was dressed as Ahiru first on Friday with two other girls as Princess Tutu in a grassy area about 20 mins away from the Hynes some little girls came over to ask for a picture with the Princesses.

Also, just general nice people. I didn't get any negative reactions except for some awkward stares. Lots of passerby asked me what was going on and alot of people who didn't know about the convention/anime at all asked me and my friends for pictures.
Haru-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Haru-chan »

driving up here (in cosplay) several people were looking at us really weird. and we went into wal*mart on the way up to get a few things and got a few stares. i'm surprised that i didn't get any of these comments this year, but last year i got many people asking me "excuse me, why is everyone dressed up so funny?" and "it's not halloween. is there some kind of dress-up party?"
AB2013 cosplays:
Liechtenstein (Hetalia)
Austria (Hetalia)
Mako (Nerima Daikon Brothers)... possibly
Freyawazhere
Determined Poster

Post by Freyawazhere »

I was wearing relatively normal cosplays but me and my friens had to walk from the Hanncock and the people in the duck boats always stared. And being harassed in the subway isnt fun.
Kineticka

Post by Kineticka »

Actually, the only really heavy reaction I got was on the drive back home to New York. I was still dressed in full Allen Walker gear because we just got in the car and left, and somewhere in the middle of Connecticut, a car pulls up next to us, and the kid in the back seat does a really hard double take, then waves at me. I wave back, and we pull ahead and think little else of it.

A few moments later, they pull up next to us again, and the kid has his butt pressed up against the window. So yeah. We got drive-by mooned because of cosplay. We absolutely could not stop laughing in the car. XD
ShayPericulae

Post by ShayPericulae »

Arakni666
Experienced Poster

Post by Arakni666 »

[quote=grasping.at.pearls][quote=Arakni666]Some businessman was walking towards the elevator in the garage on Friday morning at the same time as myself and my sister (cowboy America and Train Heartnet, respectively). He took one look at us without saying anything, then another, and then finally asked, "Are you going to that convention thing?"

I was glad he knew about it, but it seemed odd the way he asked, as if he was expecting us to say no. XD I don't usually go to the mall dressed as a cowboy, mister.[/quote]

dude. i didn't see you in Cowboy!America but I saw you in Artist Alley as Punk!England and got really excited but I couldn't stop you to ask for a picture since I thought my camera was lost. (it was in my bag.) must remember to give future cosplays some pockets ^^U [/quote]
Thanks!! You should have called out to me at least- I wouldn't have minded waiting. XD
geminisurvivor
I'm new!

Post by geminisurvivor »

On Friday after giving blood i walked into Dunkin Doughnuts to get me some grub, some lady saw me in my costume and then saw the 'Be Nice to Me I donated blood sticker' and ended up getting me a 5$ gift certificate.

Then on saturday I ended up getting a dollar off for my smoothie at that Ben & Jerry's Ice cream place. It was awesome.
noveldream
I'm new!

Post by noveldream »

[color:purple]1) I love hearing everyone's stories. I personally didn't have anything too crazy happen to me (just a few stares in the elevator), so it's great to hear more exciting ones.

2) I am planning on writing a thesis on cosplaying, mainly on its presentation in media, and its current role in society. If you have any personal stories that you wouldn't mind sharing with me, I'd love to hear them. I interviewed a few people at the con, but I would always love to get more. Just send me a message or reply to this post, and I'll get in touch with you. :)

Thanks in advance![/color]
Pixoul
I'm new!

Post by Pixoul »

I guess I have a reverse reaction story. :D I was taking photos on Saturday and dressed in my standard street photography gear: t-shirt, cargo shorts, SWAT boots, and safari vest. I had three cosplayers stop and take photos with me because they thought I was cosplaying Walter Sobchak from The Big Lebowski. Ha.
Sachi
Experienced Poster

Post by Sachi »

I was crossplaying for the first time (Shizuo from Durarara), so I really got a laugh out of being called "sir", "buddy", and "that guy" by everyone who didn't know better. I had a mental party every time someone thought I was male. =D

And my giant stop sign and sunglasses got very apprehensive glances from passerby... I stared a lot of them down. I'm sorry for startling you, Pru-goers, it was just too much fun~
FromZeroToHero
Experienced Poster

Post by FromZeroToHero »

[quote=Dorothy2]There were a couple of Japanese business men who randomly happened upon that same area, but a couple of cosplayers srated a small dance party, and the the business men were pointing at them and speaking in rapid japanese. While I only caught about 10 words or so, the terms otaku and baka were definitely used. [/quote]Sounds like a win in my book lol just like in Genshiken or WtNHK.
Shadow
Veteran Poster

Post by Shadow »

Ok, this story is technically from last year, but it is too funny not to tell.
Alright, so last year I was Keiichi from Higurashi, which is an almost normal looking costume, complete with bloody baseball bat. As we all know, elevator waits were horrendous. I just so happened to see one closing as I rounded a corner, so I dashed as fast as I could and stuck the bat out to catch the door. The door obediately followed its program, opening its doors once more for me.
I walk in, all huffy and puffy, my hair looking crazy, bloody baseball bat in hand. The elevator was empty....except for a little old lady who seemed on the verge of a heart attack. After an akward moment, I finally broke the silence
"Lobby please"
Alicegirl_22

Post by Alicegirl_22 »

My friends and I were walking down the street on out way to the Sheraton when these few guys walking by were muttering about our [Gakuen Alice Elementary] costume. I caught this: "They look like they're coming from school...no, wait, they're cats... [in response to me, who was Sumire with cat attributions]its Saturday, why be in uniform?" We were laughing so hard when we got in line!
0b5cur3 N3k0 T3rr0r
Veteran Poster

Post by 0b5cur3 N3k0 T3rr0r »

I noticed a lot of glare in the food court and on the way back and forth from the hotel. For the most part i really wasn't in costume (cuz nobody got it), so it was a lil odd to get such evil glares.
xxTsubasaR.C.xx
I'm new!

Post by xxTsubasaR.C.xx »

so me and my friends were dressed as loveless characters and we had to get some things at walgreen's, when we crossed the street there was a really strange guy that looked like he was thirty-ish that screamed at us "josie and the pussycats!!" in a sing-song voice. we were like ??? and walked away awkwardly.
gakuenaliceaddict
I'm new!

Post by gakuenaliceaddict »

When I went,this person recognized my group and asked for a picture with us-a 30-something man and his 8 year old daughter.Prob the best thing that ever happened to me:)
gakuenaliceaddict
I'm new!

Post by gakuenaliceaddict »

[quote=Alicegirl_22]My friends and I were walking down the street on out way to the Sheraton when these few guys walking by were muttering about our [Gakuen Alice Elementary] costume. I caught this: "They look like they're coming from school...no, wait, they're cats... [in response to me, who was Sumire with cat attributions]its Saturday, why be in uniform?" We were laughing so hard when we got in line![/quote]
Dani?!?!?!?!?
Nashida
Expert Poster

Post by Nashida »

Friday I was walking up to the Doubletree from the train station and two of those cops on bicycles pulls up alongside me and ask if I was going to that con thingy in town. One asked me who I was, is it fun, am I dying in that dress suit (I was, phew!), and then asks to play with my EMR. I let him have it, and he's swinging it around and bops his partner with it before giving it back, and tells me it's cool how people can just make these things out of nothing. They kept biking with me all the way back to the hotel.

Then there was a little boy in the food court on Saturday who came up to me and said "Axel! You look good in a suit!" and had his picture taken with me. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't Axel, but Reno.

Not as many nasty glares...I guess because my costume was kinda normal save for the fire engine red hair. I was just some guy in a business suit...with a stick. And really a girl.
Axel (KHII): AB07,AB08 (Cosplay Chess-Team Evil)
Reno(FF:AC): AB10
Riley (Pokemon): AB11
N Harmonia (Pokemon): AB12
deviantART Cosplay.comFacebookMy website
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

[quote=Nashida]Friday I was walking up to the Doubletree from the train station and two of those cops on bicycles pulls up alongside me and ask if I was going to that con thingy in town. One asked me who I was, is it fun, am I dying in that dress suit (I was, phew!), and then asks to play with my EMR. I let him have it, and he's swinging it around and bops his partner with it before giving it back, and tells me it's cool how people can just make these things out of nothing. They kept biking with me all the way back to the hotel.

Then there was a little boy in the food court on Saturday who came up to me and said "Axel! You look good in a suit!" and had his picture taken with me. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't Axel, but Reno.

Not as many nasty glares...I guess because my costume was kinda normal save for the fire engine red hair. I was just some guy in a business suit...with a stick. And really a girl.[/quote]
lol the sweet irony about the cop hitting his partner with it. Was his partner bald because I would've been dying of laughter if he was.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
abandapart13
Expert Poster

Post by abandapart13 »

My friend Elyssa and I were dressed as classic Joker & Harley on Saturday and in the afternoon I was taking photos for some steampunk friends, The Penny Dreadfuls, out in the courtyard next to the Sheraton. We would have random families come up to us and ask for photos which kind of made it difficult to do photos for my friends XD. Same thing would happen in the food court. We'd get stopped by families asking if they could get a picture. Overall it was quite fun. The only annoying thing would be the amount of "why so serious" I got when walking around. Overall we had a positive experience. Walking from the Hynes to the Marriot was highly entertaining. The reactions we got were just nothing short of awesome.
MANSTY3

Post by MANSTY3 »

hey i got the pokemon pics with the ducktours and other random outside pics too

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pro ... d=41507021
KururuSouchou
Experienced Poster

Post by KururuSouchou »

When I was walking through the Sheraton food court as Hazama (BlazBlue), one person (not a con attendee) came up to me and said, "I miss Michael Jackson, too!" X3
Nashida
Expert Poster

Post by Nashida »

Sadly, quite the opposite. The cop's partner had a heck of a 'fro going on.

It would have been made of so much awesome if he was bald.
Axel (KHII): AB07,AB08 (Cosplay Chess-Team Evil)
Reno(FF:AC): AB10
Riley (Pokemon): AB11
N Harmonia (Pokemon): AB12
deviantART Cosplay.comFacebookMy website
Dragonrider1227
Expert Poster

Post by Dragonrider1227 »

I've yet to Cosplay, but I enjoy seeing cosplayers and am always amused seeing the "norms" looking so confused at conventions. My personal favorite was people coming out of Easter Sunday church and seeing Wolfwood.
(Easter, man carrying giant cross, think about it for a moment XD)
Drama Finalist 2015 A Boy In Funny Red Boots
Fun/Comedy Finalist 2019 The Hero We Need
Spike Spiegel
Veteran Poster

Post by Spike Spiegel »

I didn't get interactions or anything, but I am enjoying everybodies stories.
Halloween Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Halloween Kitsune »

A T conductor wouldn't let me and my boyfriend onto the T because of our "weapons". They were obviously fake but he wanted to call up to his supervisors or whatever because of them. He and I just gave up and walked to the convention instead. Nevermind that I rode the T last year with keyblades (wood)...with sharper edges than a bustersword that was made out of craft foam.
2020: Bowsette/Senko-san
2019: Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
2018: Lady Sephiroth
2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda

Past Cosplays:
2016: LoL Ahri
2015: FF14 Miqo'te Bard
2014: Twilight Princess Link
2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
2012: Chell (Portal 2)
2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
2009: KH2 Roxas

Owner and master of Fox and Bear Cosplay:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxandBearCosplay
Salith
Obsessed Poster

Post by Salith »

Several stories...

-I was waiting for my friend outside of Dunkin Donuts in the mall. This old woman walks up to me and asks what's going on and looks at my name tag. I politely explain to her "It's an anime convention, japanese animation, cartoons if you will. Like th star wars conventions only there is is anime involved"

-I was talking with a Tuxedo Mask in the Marriot. This boy comes up to us and asks what is going on. We explain to him and he smiles and says "That sounds cool. I will have to go get my friends and show them"

-I was waiting with 2 other members of the Fate/Stay Night group and we stood waiting to see if anyone else would arrive. As we stood there we saw this guy creeping up/away from us with his camera phone. After he took the picture he quickly left. We stood there thinking "We could have posed..."

-I was walking from the convention center to the a small stand in the mall to get a soda. This woman (who looked to be on vacation) pointed her camera at me as I was walking. She took a picture of me. After I realized what happened I looked to see she vanished and all I thought was 'I could have posed...'

^^;
RawrItsKim

Post by RawrItsKim »

Heh a group of us took the subway
[to some place i do not know] to get a friend a tux for the ball sat.
I was wearing a cybergoth outfit,
bright,fluffies,lox,big platform boots and all.
ha besides all the looks and wtf's?!?!,
i went to go cross the street and some guy grabed my shoulder and was like
"where have you been all my life?"....
xD i was all ummmm apperantly not here and walked away quickly.
O.O it was hilarious but so awkwardly awkward T.T
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

My friend and I were dressed up as Sasami and Ryo-ohki. As we were parking at the train station, a car full of teenagers stared at us, which we expected. We did not expect, though, another friend of ours to be at the train. We didn't see him, but he saw us. My brother got a text from him that asked, "Where're you're fluffy pants?" (referring to the fluffy leggings I had on)
Then while we were at the actual convention, walking through the mall, an older lady, looking confused, asked us what all the constumes were for. She asked, "Are you all in a play?"
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Uichi Takamo

Post by Uichi Takamo »

I didn't get too much of a good deal in this sense. On my way back to the Berkely Inn Hotel I was assaulted. Some gang kid (probably around their 20's) decided to pick a fight. I tried to walk away but it's hard when the steal something from you. So to get my property back I had to be physical. It really shouldn't have gone that way, but it did. Looking back on it, the only funny thing was that I was still dressed as Shippuden Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto at the time :p