Death Note Murder Mystery Game

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
weirdquark
Getting the hang of this...

Post by weirdquark »

This should be going up on the website soon, but I wanted to make an announcement here too:

Have you ever wanted to solve a murder mystery? Ever wanted to start a new world order? Well, now's your chance! Join the ultimate battle of Team Kira vs Team L!

Application information:

Age requirements: 13+

Costume: Yes (please include picture; judged on popularity/quality), does not have to be Death Note

There are 10 players per round, 5 on team Kira and 5 on team L; please specify which team you will be on when applying. For each round, one person on Team Kira would be picked to be the "Kira" for the round.

If joining Team Kira, include 10-15 clues about your cosplay character/series to be given out throughout the round; for example, a clue for Inu Yasha could be "fangs". Clues should be hard, but not so hard that people will never be able to guess who you are! Death Note is a logical series, so we want to make people think.

If you are interested in participating, you must submit an online application form with a sample photo of yourself in your costume. If there is enough interest, the murder mystery will be run multiple times, so please also include which times you prefer and if there are any times you would not be able to play.

Keep an eye out for the application form on the website; until then you can apply by sending the following information to http://www.animeboston.com/contact/?gameshows

Name:

Email Address:

Character:

Series:

Link to picture(s) of your costume:

Which team do you want to be on? (Team Kira/Team L/Don't care)

Clues about your character (please list 10-15):

Preferred time to play:

If you have any questions, leave a post here or email me at http://www.animeboston.com/contact/?gameshows and I'll try to get you an answer quickly.
revan376

Post by revan376 »

can someone whos a Volunteer be part of this when their hour is up???
weirdquark

Post by weirdquark »

[quote=revan376]can someone whos a Volunteer be part of this when their hour is up??? [/quote]

Sure. As long as you aren't on duty when the murder mystery is running, that shouldn't be a problem.

If you know which hours you'll be working, you should put that information in your application.
revan376

Post by revan376 »

[quote=weirdquark][quote=revan376]can someone whos a Volunteer be part of this when their hour is up??? [/quote]

Sure. As long as you aren't on duty when the murder mystery is running, that shouldn't be a problem.

If you know which hours you'll be working, you should put that information in your application.[/quote]

ok i just need to get my hours and i'll post here with the info that is if the the volunteer director says that i am set for volunteering if i'm not gonna volunteer
Kirachan101
Veteran Poster

Post by Kirachan101 »

Is it on sunday, saturday or fridaY?
Skymist

Post by Skymist »

About how long would each round last, and how long overall?

Also, is this more of a performance, where people outside the game are solving, or just for the people inside the mystery?
TsukiNoShinobi

Post by TsukiNoShinobi »

Hey there, I'm one of the people in this panel, so I'll be here to answer your questions! I'll do my best to explain things as clearly as I can!

[quote=Kirachan101]Is it on sunday, saturday or fridaY?[/quote]
It's on Saturday.

[quote=Skymist]About how long would each round last, and how long overall?[/quote]
The game show is I believe an hour and a half long (my memory fails at life _-_). Each round will probably be 20-30 minutes, depending on how fast the mystery will be solved. We're going to try to get as many rounds in as we can so that more people can play.

[quote=Skymist]Also, is this more of a performance, where people outside the game are solving, or just for the people inside the mystery?[/quote]
It's mainly for the people who are inside the mystery, but myself and another character (not saying who; you'll have to come to find out ^.-) will be trying to get some audience participation throughout the event. But for the most part, it will be like watching CSI, or Law and Order, for example.
Skymist

Post by Skymist »

Aw, darn. thanks for the info. I guess that means it's full already.

Well, I can't want to watch it, at least. Maybe I'll apply next year. ^^
weirdquark

Post by weirdquark »

[quote=Skymist]Aw, darn. thanks for the info. I guess that means it's full already.

Well, I can't want to watch it, at least. Maybe I'll apply next year. ^^[/quote]

Actually, it isn't full -- applications only just started coming in. So if you want to play, you can still apply this year.
Skymist

Post by Skymist »

Oh - okay. Sounds great. I'll definitely try, then. Thanks~
Kirachan101
Veteran Poster

Post by Kirachan101 »

When applying, do you what the real name or the badge name? this always confuses me!? Argh

PS. i hope theres more seats left...

Another question,
I have a friend who's only going on Saturday, can i sign up for her too? Or should i drag her here and make her do this? cause she really wanted to >___<
Kirachan101
Veteran Poster

Post by Kirachan101 »

-_- Oh, nevermind.. you wouldn't count my clothes as costume TT_TT..idk though
TsukiNoShinobi

Post by TsukiNoShinobi »

[quote=Kirachan101]-_- Oh, nevermind.. you wouldn't count my clothes as costume TT_TT..idk though[/quote]
According to your signature, you're going as a Harajuku girl, right? If you'd like to be in the panel, as long as you're in a costume (Harajuku would count), and you can supply clues if you're on Team Kira, you may sign up ^-^

Note about Application: Where it says "character" on the application form, please put the character you are cosplaying as, and the series they are from under "series" (i.e. Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach)~ Thank you ^-^
weirdquark

Post by weirdquark »

[quote=Kirachan101]When applying, do you what the real name or the badge name? this always confuses me!? Argh

[/quote]

It doesn't matter -- use whichever one you want people to use for you.
TsukiNoShinobi

Post by TsukiNoShinobi »

Panel Change!!!
We've changed the panel a bit. Now, instead of having people apply to be on either Team Kira or Team L, you may only apply to be on Team Kira. Team L will be the audience. If you have applied for Team L, please re-submit an application with the clues. Also, we discourage people to apply as Death Note characters, considering that is who we will be. If you have applied as one, and would still like to participate, please resubmit with another character.

Thank you, and we hope to see you at the panel! If you still have questions, feel free to ask them.

-Tsuki
(P.S. Only two more weeks >w<)
KoinuSephiroth
Veteran Poster

Post by KoinuSephiroth »

I signed up for it as Shigure, but when it told me what was sent it said the character was Kira from Fruits Basket, not Shigure. But I typed Shigure. Should I resubmit it, or what? The pictures are labeled as Shigure.
weirdquark

Post by weirdquark »

[quote=KoinuSephiroth]I signed up for it as Shigure, but when it told me what was sent it said the character was Kira from Fruits Basket, not Shigure. But I typed Shigure. Should I resubmit it, or what? The pictures are labeled as Shigure.[/quote]

Not a problem; I can change it when I send it on to the people running the event.
KoinuSephiroth
Veteran Poster

Post by KoinuSephiroth »

Okay, thanks!