Akira Toriyama - One Last Spirit Bomb

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
Crazy_Legs_Mcgee
I'm new!

Akira Toriyama - One Last Spirit Bomb

Post by Crazy_Legs_Mcgee »

Akira Toriyama's passing has shaken the anime community more than anything else I've seen. Dragon Ball (Z, GT, Kai, and OG) wasn't just a lot of people's intro to anime, it was what built a lot of modern shounen anime and has existed as a pop culture icon even outside anime.

I'm just an average con goer, my favorite place is artists alley, I dip out of nearly every panel I go to early (sorry), I have done 2 minimal effort cosplays that went poorly, I've never volunteered, and I don't participate during interactive panels (sorry, again). But there is no other group of people I'd rather stand next to and wish Toriyama a final goodbye.

Can we organize a Dragon Ball meetup at this year's AB for one last spirit bomb to give a final sendoff to Toriyama?
soulshipping
Expert Poster

Re: Akira Toriyama - One Last Spirit Bomb

Post by soulshipping »

There is a meetup on Friday for Dragonball! Just so you know, it's at 6pm to 7pm, currently outside room 313 (they might change that if too many people are interested.)
Ezra - Your resident non-binary con-goer! She/they pronouns.