Potential concerts?

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
LOLPoolsClosed
Experienced Poster

Potential concerts?

Post by LOLPoolsClosed »

I recall at one time there had been a concert or two in this convention. If that was the case, then I would like to recommend two bands to play this year-- Powerglove, and The Kode Secret (formerly The Kode, The Konami Kode, etc.)

Both are bands that play primarily video game-based covers (and have a list that could keep even the most picky gamer satisfied,) and have large followings from all over the country. Both bands are based around the Boston area, played in Cambridge, Framingham, and Worcester.

Powerglove is primarily metal, while The Kode Secret tend to be more of a rock-jazz fusion. To hear what they sound like, feel free to check out their myspace pages:

Powerglove: http://www.myspace.com/vgmetal
The Kode Secret: http://www.myspace.com/thekodesecret

Shadowmaster1012
Getting the hang of this...

Potential concerts?

Post by Shadowmaster1012 »

Oh man, someone was at the Game Universe One Year Anniversary.

But seriously I think that some more live entertainment would boost the AB experience, whether it be VG cover bands, cosplay bands, or just bands that pwn in general.

And yes, Powerglove ftmfw.
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Potential concerts?

Post by LadyHawke »

Yes, we did have Yoko Ishida in 2005...
If you haven't already, you can suggest musical guests in this thread:

showtopic.php?tid/3105/pid/52539/

Guest Selection Committee and Programming will consider both musical and non-musical guests posted in the Guest Suggestions thread. ;)

PS: Nice username /b/rotha...
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
LOLPoolsClosed
Experienced Poster

Potential concerts?

Post by LOLPoolsClosed »

[quote=Shadowmaster1012]Oh man, someone was at the Game Universe One Year Anniversary.[/quote]

Hahahaha, definitely, but that wasn't where I heard of them. I remember hearing about The Kode from a few people I've met from Berkley, and I remember Powerglove from their attempts of getting listed on the failfest known as OCRemix.

Edit: Wait a minute, who are you? That handle sounds awfully familiar now that I realized you helped out Jamie and Jackie last year.

[quote=ladyhawke78]
PS: Nice username /b/rotha...[/quote]

Thanks, I couldn't come up with anything else at the time, so I figured why not?

Also, thanks for the link!
Shadowmaster1012
Getting the hang of this...

Potential concerts?

Post by Shadowmaster1012 »

[quote=LOLPoolsClosed]
Edit: Wait a minute, who are you? That handle sounds awfully familiar now that I realized you helped out Jamie and Jackie last year.
[/quote]

It's Lee.
If my guess is correct, and you are B-Fey, then I don't need to explain who I am.
But if not, I was the one who was recording the Kode/Pgluv concert.

But I digress...

Actually, I can't think of much relevant to say.
Since its sort of related. New Powerglove album came out today, Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man, its friggen amazing.
LOLPoolsClosed
Experienced Poster

Potential concerts?

Post by LOLPoolsClosed »

[quote=Shadowmaster1012][quote=LOLPoolsClosed]
[/quote]

It's Lee.
If my guess is correct, and you are B-Fey, then I don't need to explain who I am.
But if not, I was the one who was recording the Kode/Pgluv concert.

But I digress...

Actually, I can't think of much relevant to say.
Since its sort of related. New Powerglove album came out today, Metal Kombat for the Mortal Man, its friggen amazing.
[/quote]

I'm not BFey, but I work with him in the warehouse. Also, sup Whitey McTool, it's Glenn-- the guy with the duct tape.

I just ordered their album, I can't wait for it to get here. The tracklist is downright awesome-- I can't believe they finally released their version of Holy Orders and Red Wings Over Baron. Either way, guess I'll see you at the store sometime.