INFORMAL BALL

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
casuallyironicknight
Experienced Poster

INFORMAL BALL

Post by casuallyironicknight »

I'm looking for something at a higher pace. My partner and I agreed that while the formal ball looks nice, we're more high paced and would like an informal ball. I know this happened in 2012 and there were complications with the city, but I was wondering if possibly they still host it or if anyone has suggestions on things we could do that are similar? Idk. I just want to go to a fast paced dance.
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Re: INFORMAL BALL

Post by pulsedemon »

We definitely don't host anything like that anymore. There are several clubs in the area and I would recommend maps.google.com. I'm more like the old guy at the back of the rock club at this point and not much of a danceman, so I don't have any personal recommendations about which club is best. I'd make a joke about the Kraken Club, but I'm willing to wager most anyone reading this probably never played Final Fantasy 11.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Re: INFORMAL BALL

Post by foreverfinn »

Do you mean like a dance? Yeah that sounds cool but security is often an issue, etc so I'd recommend going to a nearby club. I'm not staff btw or disputing the last answer, just agreeing and giving input on experience from other cons.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul