Can I get information about hosting a gameshow panel?

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Can I get information about hosting a gameshow panel?

Post by Sayoria »

Over the years, my friends and I have been thinking about trying this. We have the energy and creativity to create something fun for the masses and if we manage it, a year to think about it in detail. I'd just like to have a rundown on everything before we give it serious thought for 2017.

We are a group of 25+ year olds who really appreciate the retro gaming and anime era, and this could be a fun opportunity to introduce a pre-2005 gameshow event for fans of older Japanese media.

With that said, if it is possible for us to do this, please let me know. If you prefer to respond by email, please contact me at "Divinedragon235@aol.com" and send me whatever info I would need. Thank you.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
lordofvt
AB Staff

Re: Can I get information about hosting a gameshow panel?

Post by lordofvt »

Hi There!

We take applications for game shows through our panel application process. We had a few for 2016 and are always looks for more events that our attendees. With retro as our 2017 "older" game show ideas would indeed get bonus points during our panel selection meeting. Filling out the panel application form when it goes live for 2017 is the best way to get an event scheduled.

I don't know what your idea is, but if it ends up being similar to something our Game Show staff already run, or will be running, they would be given the priority. If it's something unique and not something we are already running it could be accepted to run as a panel.

You can also reach our panels department for more information using our contact for http://www.animeboston.com/coninfo/contact/49
Andrew Reckers
Schedule Coordinator 2021-2022
Director of Programming 2015-2020